PDA

View Full Version : Personal life and golf...

Brownman
23rd January 2013, 12:52 PM
My first post here,treat me gently as Im a broken man...LOL
I have decided about 2 mths ago to really have a crack at golf,presently play off 8 and was determined to go for 4 by end of 2013,well that was the plan leastways.
But in the last 2-3 mths all hell broke loose in my family life,"son in law shit",no matter what I do even in practice I just cant seperate p/life and golf.Im playing like absolute crap,Ive lost my voice,just cant get it on ,what do I do,any help would be cool.....The only good thing happened are an eagle on Sat in comp....and hole in 1 on Sunday,my first,again it doesnt matter,it was only in prac...I hit 20 balls to a s/ green,and one holed out...yep,there wasnt a soul around lol:(

hocko
23rd January 2013, 12:59 PM
Tell him to act like an adult so you can concentrate on your golf.
If that doesn't work then smack him in the chops!

Ashes
23rd January 2013, 01:05 PM
There are plenty of places to go to for advice/assistance if you're struggling with family crap and it's affecting other parts of your life. Lifeline is one that springs to mind.

Ferrins
23rd January 2013, 01:08 PM
Statistically people play golf longer than they stay married so you should win in the end.

Captain Nemo
23rd January 2013, 01:09 PM
Bob Rotella, google him...

Eag's
23rd January 2013, 01:20 PM
My first post here,treat me gently as Im a broken man...LOL
I have decided about 2 mths ago to really have a crack at golf,presently play off 8 and was determined to go for 4 by end of 2013,well that was the plan leastways.
But in the last 2-3 mths all hell broke loose in my family life,"son in law shit",no matter what I do even in practice I just cant seperate p/life and golf.Im playing like absolute crap,Ive lost my voice,just cant get it on ,what do I do,any help would be cool.....The only good thing happened are an eagle on Sat in comp....and hole in 1 on Sunday,my first,again it doesnt matter,it was only in prac...I hit 20 balls to a s/ green,and one holed out...yep,there wasnt a soul around lol:(

There are plenty of places to go to for advice/assistance if you're struggling with family crap and it's affecting other parts of your life. Lifeline is one that springs to mind.

I agree, there are loads of blokes on here with helpful advice, but I would think you may be better off speaking to people who are trained to help in this situation.

popper81
23rd January 2013, 01:22 PM
I agree, there are loads of blokes on here with helpful advice, but I would think you may be better off speaking to people who are trained to help in this situation.

Maybe the best advice to come from this thread.

mrbluu
23rd January 2013, 01:25 PM
Celebrate the little wins (ie Eagle and Hole in one), only think of them instead of your bad shots. It will make golf more enjoyable and make you less focus on you playing crap or being out of form.

I found that I've convince myself that I wasn't out of form and therefore I wasn't pushing or desperate to put in a good score to get me into form. I've come back from a serious back injury and dropped my handicap from 13 to 5 in about a 3year period. It's only the last 6 months that I've had a chance to practice as well.

Also the other positive I can see is that you got to play in Sat and practice on Sunday, I lot of blokes here would pay good money to be able to do that!!

Think positive thoughts on the golf course and good luck with your personal life.

sms316
23rd January 2013, 02:01 PM
The only good thing happened are an eagle on Sat in comp....and hole in 1 on Sunday,my first,again it doesnt matter,it was only in prac...I hit 20 balls to a s/ green,and one holed out...yep,there wasnt a soul around lol:(
The force is strong in you. Nice shot, but as you pointed out, not counting.

Captain Nemo
23rd January 2013, 02:09 PM
Lucky Jack's on holidays.....:roll:

Monsta
23rd January 2013, 08:40 PM
I know the feeling Donavon,
Having major problems with my son at the moment, all I can suggest is give it time.
Whatever happens will happen, worry about the major things when they happen, use golf to take your mind off all the other things

Brownman
23rd January 2013, 09:15 PM
Thanks guys,all good advice here

Dotty
24th January 2013, 07:19 AM
Whatever happens will happen, worry about the major things when they happen, use golf to take your mind off all the other things
+1

Brownman
24th January 2013, 12:50 PM
Amid all the hurt and anguish she has had to endure in the last couple of mths,this morning she got a call from Monash uni telling her she achieved the highest master of ed mark in the state,monetary,and special award ceremony to follow........proud of her

tim_golfer2
24th January 2013, 01:04 PM
Amid all the hurt and anguish she has had to endure in the last couple of mths,this morning she got a call from Monash uni telling her she achieved the highest master of ed mark in the state,monetary,and special award ceremony to follow........proud of her

That's great. You and she should be very proud of that achievement.

She must be stronger than you think too. If she's thinking about teaching as a career! :wink:

Brownman
24th January 2013, 01:34 PM
Thanks Tim,she has been a teacher at vec level for some yrs,she took time off to have 2nd child,took on masters deg whilst she was home with the young one,cheers

mrbluu
24th January 2013, 04:14 PM

:smt023:smt023:smt023:smt023:smt023:smt023:smt023

Monsta
24th January 2013, 08:27 PM

Sounds like the idiot didnt put her off too much donavon, good on her.