ADDRESS
4 Minjungbal Drv
Tweed Heads South
NSW, 2486
Australia

Ph:  (07) 5524 3655

Time: TBA

--------------------------------------

I thought I would see where everyone is planning on going for the Ozgolf Annual dinner and drinking session. Have your say!

If you think somewhere new then tell us where :)

AndyP
6th November 2005, 02:40 PM
Same.
It's within walking distance (nothing else is) and cheap (which is needed considering the expense of the rest of the weekend).

Jarro
6th November 2005, 02:44 PM
where the guys went last year sounds good to me ..... just the right sorta place to have a quiet drink or two and chat about the following days golf 8)

jaster
6th November 2005, 02:55 PM
Are there meals available? Any good?

terryand
6th November 2005, 02:57 PM

yep....Big,tastey and cheap :smt023

Terry.

Eag's
6th November 2005, 04:07 PM

Ask Macca Jaster, he had about 8 of them :smt104 :smt002

jaster
6th November 2005, 05:08 PM
Hmm...must be good then :D

Jarro
6th November 2005, 05:10 PM

Ask Macca Jaster, he had about 8 of them  :smt104  :smt002

is this the place that wont let you in wearing sandals :x :roll:

jaster
6th November 2005, 05:52 PM
Who wears Sandles :shock: :lol:

Eag's
6th November 2005, 06:58 PM
Yep that is the place Mark :roll:
I had to borrow a pair of Teza's shoes so needless to say, the guys gave me plenty :oops:

Jaster they were Colorado's mate not some hippy piece of $hit :wink:

drunken
6th November 2005, 07:01 PM
No self respecting club lets you in after 6pm without shoes...in NSW anyway. Don't know what its like up North. Wonder if Iains sign is still on the wall :D

AndyP
6th November 2005, 08:12 PM
Wonder if Iains sign is still on the wall :D
T-Unit 8)

If it's not, it may be there by the end of Saturday night.

jaster
6th November 2005, 08:14 PM
Jaster they were Colorado's mate not some hippy piece of $hit :wink:

:oops: Sorry mate thought they were Jarro's ;) :lol:

Jarro
7th November 2005, 12:40 AM
Jaster they were Colorado's mate not some hippy piece of $hit  :wink:

:oops: Sorry mate thought they were Jarro's ;)  :lol:

hey, settle down :x

didn't someone take some pic's of you guys at dinner last year :?: I distinctly remember a shot of Macca standing over the carcass of a dead horse :lol:

Flowergirl
15th November 2005, 12:11 PM
Ok....I am assuming that "same" means...nope...just realised I'm not sure.
Please tell us newbies where and what time . Thanks guys :D

BrisVegas
15th November 2005, 12:27 PM
Ok....I am assuming that "same" means...nope...just realised I'm not sure.
Please tell us newbies where and what time . Thanks guys :D

Can't be certain, but I think it was the Tweed Bowls Club. It's only a short walk down the road from the motel we're all staying at. Huge club with cheap counter meals and pokies etc. Lots of oldies there for the cheap food clogging up the joint, but they were mostly gone by 7:30pm!!

Downstairs there was a fairly quiet bar area with a pool table and darts board. We claimed that space for ourselves last year and it worked well. 8)

AndyP
15th November 2005, 01:20 PM
More specifically South Tweed Bowls Club.  I think the road was South St.

Can't be sure what time we will get there because of the Lakelands Round that several are playing.

Does anyone else think we should get an idea of numbers going to dinner and make a booking of some sort?

Trung
15th November 2005, 01:38 PM
Does anyone else think we should get an idea of numbers going to dinner and make a booking of some sort?

Good idea AP, tell them we want the table closest to the dance floor 8) .

jaster
15th November 2005, 02:35 PM
The address is...4 Minjungbal Drive Tweed Heads South

This is from the Motels website ...

Coming from the south, follow Tweed Heads South signs and continue on past Tweed City shopping centre and South Tweed Bowls club. You will find us approximately 500 metres around the bend on your left.

Flowergirl
15th November 2005, 03:27 PM
Ok .....sounds great. John and I will plan to get there about 6.30. :D

Jarro
15th November 2005, 03:30 PM
i'd say those of us that are playing Lakelands wont be far behind you guys if you get there around 6:30/7.

All we'll need to do is go back to the hotel for a quick shower to freshen up 8)

Iain
15th November 2005, 03:46 PM
i'd say those of us that are playing Lakelands wont be far behind you guys if you get there around 6:30/7.

All we'll need to do is go back to the hotel for a quick shower to freshen up 8)

I've got to do my hair as well!!! :P :P

Jarro
15th November 2005, 03:49 PM

All we'll need to do is go back to the hotel for a quick shower to freshen up  8)

I've got to do my hair as well!!! :P  :P

well duh :roll:

Trung
15th November 2005, 04:11 PM
FG, how come your not playing at Lakelands?

Eag's
15th November 2005, 04:12 PM

All we'll need to do is go back to the hotel for a quick shower to freshen up  8)

I've got to do my hair as well!!! :P  :P

Well in that case Unit, we will see you there about 9pm :P :wink:

AndyP
15th November 2005, 04:25 PM
FG, how come your not playing at Lakelands?
FG & JM are not playing the day before or after the Champs, so they can rest their weary bones.

Scotty_G
15th November 2005, 06:02 PM
Kez & I will try and get down to the Tweed bowls club for a 6.30 " dinner date "

Cheers

Scotty_G

peter_rs
15th November 2005, 08:38 PM
hope you can make it scotty.

Onewood
15th November 2005, 09:32 PM
Who wears Sandles  :shock:  :lol:

Just North of the River people, wear Sandles :wink: I'll be there 8)

drunken
16th November 2005, 06:24 AM
I'm assuming we're talking NSW time here??

AndyP
16th November 2005, 08:06 AM
I'm assuming we're talking NSW time here??
Probably not.

Jarro
16th November 2005, 06:05 PM
so what's the official meeting time at the bowls club ??

Keza_G
17th November 2005, 07:40 AM
Are we able to make it sota like 7pm Qld time ? :wink:

Looks like I have to work Saturday arvo, but I'll be closin a bit early and hitting the race track called the highway.....

Cheers

Keza

AndyP
17th November 2005, 08:37 AM
OK, it's been established where we are having our dinner, but how many are coming?

I've edited the first post to add the registration function, so we can get some idea of numbers.

BrisVegas
17th November 2005, 09:44 AM
How about updating the first page with the south Tweed Bowls Club address and the time etc.... please. :)

AndyP
17th November 2005, 09:57 AM
How about updating the first page with the south Tweed Bowls Club address and the time etc....  please. :)
Done.

On the matter of time, I think it depends on the tee times we get at Lakelands. Weren't we starting at something like 12:30p? (might check that).

If that's the case, then you wouldn't expect that we would be out of there until about 6:30, after we have post-round drinks/presentation. Plus back to the motel, check-in (for some/most) and showers, and we are looking at a late-ish dinner (8pm+ NSW time, if they are still serving).
Unless we can agree to disappear from Lakelands straight after the round, and have Shavey come to the dinner, or wrap it up quickly.

Jarro
17th November 2005, 10:02 AM
Unless we can agree to disappear from Lakelands straight after the round, and have Shavey come to the dinner, or wrap it up quickly.

that's probably the better plan of attack. Why waste time having a drink at Lakelands when we've got grannies to chase at the bowls club :smt003

Trung
17th November 2005, 10:07 AM

that's probably the better plan of attack. Why waste time having a drink at Lakelands when we've got grannies to chase at the bowls club  :smt003

2nd that

AndyP
17th November 2005, 10:07 AM
Weren't we starting at something like 12:30p? (might check that).
Just checked. 12:45 start, so it will be a late finish especially in NSW time.

macleod
17th November 2005, 10:16 AM
I distinctly remember a shot of Macca standing over the carcass of a dead horse :lol:

stop it, you're making me hungry for cavallo.....

Let him eat Cavllo (http://www.flickr.com/photos/scottliddle/31847545/in/set-734239/)

AndyP
17th November 2005, 10:37 AM
Just called the bowls club.

The bistro is open from 6 to 9:30 (5 to 8:30 Qld time). So it seems that we are pretty safe to be fed.
There are no bookings taken, and the function room is already booked.

However, I was told that once the jazz finishes at 6, the place clears out a bit and we shouldn't have too much trouble grabbing tables in the entertainment area, that is, near the dance floor (you beauty!).
And there will be music!!!!!!

Meal deal: Buy two meals for $14.50 each, and get a free bottle of wine (or some beer if you choose).

The bad news is that they are catering for a group of people in the downstairs bar, and that bar closes once they have gone. :(
(Maybe this is what happened last time, and we just barged on in??)
If there is enough of us still around, hopefully we could just convince them to keep the bar open and let us down there. It's a thought anyway.

Trung
17th November 2005, 10:51 AM
AP, there is a pub on the way back to the motel....

8)

AndyP
17th November 2005, 10:57 AM

8)
Which was closed when we walked back to the motel last time.

Plus it looked a bit dodgy for my liking. If I'm going to get in a punch-up, I'd give myself more chance against someone at the bowls club.

damoocow
17th November 2005, 01:05 PM
count me in for the dinner, and I think I have found a place to spraypaint my username so it will be seen by ozgolfers on the way back to the motel.............well it worked for the unit last year !

damoocow

Eag's
17th November 2005, 01:10 PM
I am sure there will be a drinking hole within walking distance if we want to leave the bowls club after dinner :wink:

jaster
17th November 2005, 01:12 PM
I am in of course and Mezza is in as well!! :wink:

terryand
17th November 2005, 07:03 PM
Are we going to be able to smuggle 990 into this joint :smt017

Terry.

markTHEblake
17th November 2005, 08:34 PM
Weren't we starting at something like 12:30p? (might check that).
Just checked. 12:45 start, so it will be a late finish especially in NSW time.

all those mexicans keep telling us that DST means they can do stuff later, so they will be happy about that.

CobraSS
17th November 2005, 08:34 PM

Terry.

just get jarro to send him some of his "Regain Cream" so the young fella can start rubbing it into his face, if he gets it by the weekend, he should look like one of the Creedance Clearwater Revival by the time the champs comes around...

990B Luva
17th November 2005, 08:44 PM

Terry.

It should be fine as long as i dont drink any Alcohol there Terry :lol:

Flowergirl
18th November 2005, 09:00 AM

8)

Plus it looked a bit dodgy for my liking.  If I'm going to get in a punch-up, I'd give myself more chance against someone at the bowls club.

Don't worry AP....... I'll protect you. I won't let them harm any inch of you or touch a hair on Jarros head.

Jarro
18th November 2005, 09:28 AM

8)

Plus it looked a bit dodgy for my liking.  If I'm going to get in a punch-up, I'd give myself more chance against someone at the bowls club.

Don't worry AP....... I'll protect you. I won't let them harm any inch of you or touch a hair on Jarros head.

thanks Mum.

i think :smt017

Flowergirl
22nd November 2005, 04:32 PM
OK guys..........I'll be away from my computer now until next week. John and I will see you all on Saturday night. Not sure what time - this daylight saving on and off an hour is confusing!!!
Hope you all have a great game on Saturday! I'm looking forward to catching up with Mark on Friday at Emmy Lakes.
If anything changes from now till then you can get me on my mobile.
Should be a fun time :D
Regards to all
Reenie. XXX

Jarro
22nd November 2005, 06:56 PM
now we can talk about her :lol:

markTHEblake
22nd November 2005, 09:23 PM
Yeah you should have seen the PM she sent me. There is no way i am going to dress like that for golf (or after golf whatever she meant)

Scotty_G
24th November 2005, 07:05 AM
Unfortunately Keza and I are now out completely...

Our 3 year old girl, Emily, has Tonsilitis and has been having some high fevers, so we have to keep an eye on her.... we can't leave her ...

Have a great time all and hope we can catch up soon....

Scotty_G

Jarro
24th November 2005, 08:37 AM
sorry to hear that Scotty .... we'll have to catch up another time.

Hope the little one gets better soon :D

Keza_G
26th November 2005, 08:01 AM
Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy !!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

Emily has made a pretty good recovery and my mum has kindly said that she would have them for the night !!!!! :wink:

SCOTTY & I will be there as soon as we can get there !!!!!! I finish work at 6pm but I have ok'ed a 5.30 close up !!! we will be down there as soon as we can drop of the kids and get there.... :wink:

Save us a beer or 3 !!!!

Seeya's there...

Keza & Scotty !

shazza_rs
26th November 2005, 08:02 AM
Pete says...... there will be no beer.... only JACK! :wink:

Jarro
26th November 2005, 08:05 AM
there WILL be beer :wink:

AndyP
26th November 2005, 09:04 AM
No point in getting there too early, Keza. By the time we finish at Lakelands, we are going to be pushing it to get there before bistro closing time.

Jarro
27th November 2005, 07:25 PM
had a great time guys :D

.. maybe we should have an Ozgolf pool championship as well :wink: :lol:

goughy
27th November 2005, 07:40 PM
Way to keep us on edge jarro with your lengthy discriptive posts!!! :?

Keza_G
28th November 2005, 07:35 AM
What a night......

Scotty and I eventually made it there after going to the wrong club and standing at the top of the escalators and looking around for about 10 minutes.... :oops:

Work the next day was quite interesting.... after having about 4 hours sleep and being still quite "over the limit" the Boss let me have a doze in the back room for half and hour... Thank God that the rain cme and there was no one on the course for about 5 Hours....

It was great seeing and meeting everyone and catching up with those I hadn't seen for a while. After Shazza and I were soundly cleaned up by everyone in pool we made out for the last game of the night against Kev and Jamie.... Soundly beaten again.... :oops:

Thanks to Shazza and Pete for their hospitality until some strange hour of the morning and to all that were there, I vote Yes for a pool comp next time..... I had my money on the table !!!!

Cheers

Keza

BrisVegas
28th November 2005, 08:40 AM
What a night......

After Shazza and I were soundly cleaned up by everyone in pool we made out for the last game of the night .... :oops:

Thanks to Shazza and Pete for their hospitality until some strange hour of the morning .....  I had my money on the table !!!!

:shock: :shock: Can't believe I missed this! Glad i bought you a drink early in the night before the real hospitality started. :lol: :lol: :oops: :oops:

AndyP
28th November 2005, 09:31 AM
Awesome night!!!!!! That's what this event is all about.

Eag's
28th November 2005, 10:56 AM
Had a ball Sat night :smt030 :D it was great to get together and have a few laughs, as AndyP said, that's what it is all about.

I think I will be staying away from the old crownies for awhile after waking up feeling like a cat had crapped in my mouth :smt085 :smt078

Trung
28th November 2005, 04:26 PM
crownies

I think between yourself, Jarro & I.. We had plenty. :P

shazza_rs
28th November 2005, 08:11 PM
Had an awesome night on saturday.... very surprised I wasn't holding my hair back in the early hours. Spose, we didn't stop drinking til bout 4am. :D

I found my long lost mother and father ..... good to meet you flowergirl and JM. :wink: :lol:

And thank christ for all involved that Keza and I sank at least one ball in the last round of pool.... nobody needs to see a nudie run from me. :oops:

Jarro
29th November 2005, 04:46 PM
have to say i was pretty disappointed with the feed we received ..... maybe next year, if we play at CTH, we should look at somewhere else to go for the saturday night pissup :wink:

terryand
29th November 2005, 05:07 PM
I second that Jarro :?

Terry.

AndyP
29th November 2005, 05:09 PM
We could easily take over a whole restaurant and BYO booze anywhere.
Just needs to be planned well ahead, that's all.

Eag's
29th November 2005, 05:24 PM
have to say i was pretty disappointed with the feed we received ..... maybe next year, if we play at CTH, we should look at somewhere else to go for the saturday night pissup :wink:

The more I think about it, the more I think what I had for dinner made me feel so crap :? I think a few of the prawns may of been on the old side :roll:
I didn't drink any more than usual, but felt terrible the next day :smt017
I ate most of the seafood on the platter I shared with Teza so it might of had something to do with it.

I agree we go somewhere else next year.

Jarro
29th November 2005, 05:29 PM
well you guys will eat things that once roamed the ocean eating dead things :roll:

give me a cooked cow any day :smt023

macleod
29th November 2005, 06:21 PM
well you guys will eat things that once roamed the ocean eating dead things :roll:

give me a cooked cow any day :smt023

all-u-can-shovel at the Pizza Hut at Kirra and then back to the CTH Bowls clubs to snaffle the free pool and darts...easy!

i think the cow vegas and i had could no longer be taxonomically identified as 'meat'......

it was, as in the bhagavad gita, something a Buddhist could safely consume.

i remember from the teachings that you were allowed to eat the flesh of an animal that had died naturally (ok bolt guns notwithstanding...) and whose flesh was as dry as a fallen branch...

one of many wonderful loopholes :D

BrisVegas
29th November 2005, 09:43 PM
surely we could find a BYO restaurant somewhere that'd take our booking for 40 people.... Either that or we have drinks and dinner at Lakelands??

I'm coming around to the idea of ditching Cooly-Tweed & the south Tweed bows club. The food was crap at the bowls club (my throat is still sore from vomiting it back up) and Cool-Tweed was in pretty ordinary shape.

Surely we could rustle up some golf at Palm Meadows and Lakelands, with accomodation for families etc at the Radisson...

Jono
29th November 2005, 09:57 PM
I'm coming around to the idea of ditching Cooly-Tweed & the south Tweed bows club.  The food was crap at the bowls club (my throat is still sore from vomiting it back up) and Cool-Tweed was in pretty ordinary shape.

Man, you looked pretty sick on Sunday morning. I don't think it was the 3 glasses of wine either. :?

I agree that we should look for another venue. The greens on the River course were some of the worst I've seen. That's including my home club Bayview which had it's share of problems in the last year or so. Compared to that, the greens at Lakelands and Glades were baby smooth ... 8)

Flowergirl
30th November 2005, 08:41 PM
Great night - bad food - but good company.
( you be a good girl for Mummy Shazza and I'll see you soon)

Great to catch up with you all - especially Damoocow - :wink:

damoocow
30th November 2005, 08:44 PM
flowergirl said,

Great to catch up with you all - especially Damoocow

stop it will you , or people will start to talk !!

damoocow

markTHEblake
30th November 2005, 10:40 PM
Wherever we book for golf needs to have a call put in to the superintendent for their future renovation dates. Most program things long in advance.

by the state of the greens in the pro-am about 4 weeks ago, they had obviously held back the renovations.

You will just have to trust me when i say the greens on the river course were magnificent compared to 4 weeks ago.

there was nothing really wrong with them, just slow. and At least the ball held the green