PDA

View Full Version : Selling on eBay, value of OzGolf pro shop

Scottt
20th January 2013, 09:16 PM
I had three goes at selling my two Titty 909 fairways on here.

This month I just wanted them gone and offered them here for highly negotiable prices of $80 (15*) and $60 (18.5*). Still no joy at all, so I bunged them on eBay for $60 and $45 respectively.

They sold tonight for $157 and $93. I only bloody paid $150 and $100 for them, a fair while ago (though I have hardly used either).

Amazes me sometimes the prices you can fetch on eBay and once again drives home the quality of this community and the Pro Shop forum, passing gear around without taking anyone for a ride or leaving them out of pocket.

Captain Nemo
20th January 2013, 09:22 PM
Fair call, but remember ebay takes 8% or whatever it is of final sale and the cost of the ad, then PayPal takes their cut.....
Whatever floats your boat.

jaybam
20th January 2013, 09:27 PM
Yeah.but usually what goes around comes around on ozgolf.

Scottt
20th January 2013, 09:31 PM
Titty,

I'd rather buy and sell on here, which is why I always have.

All clubs in my bag bar my 51 (it's from a UK golf forum) were bought from here.

Just opens your eyes to the quality thing we have at our disposal here.

BenM
20th January 2013, 09:36 PM
Absolutely it's quality, I think most of us appreciate it a lot.

One of the reasons it's good is that the community is still relatively small (in comparison to lots of other sites, but especially eBay) which means there is a fair bit of trust and people who are unreasonable (or outright dishonest) will hopefully get outed pretty quickly....

The size is also it's downside... that even though there are heaps of hos here, sometimes there won't be demand for certain things....

davepuppies
20th January 2013, 09:46 PM
$157 for a 909 is like winning lotto!

Scottt
20th January 2013, 09:55 PM
Bloke who bought it is from Wagga Wagga. I think they're still the latest model out there. :lol:

davepuppies
20th January 2013, 09:56 PM
I have heard running water is coming soon too.....

Lagerlover
20th January 2013, 10:22 PM
Amazes me sometimes the prices you can fetch on eBay and once again drives home the quality of this community and the Pro Shop forum, passing gear around without taking anyone for a ride or leaving them out of pocket.

Not just eBay, there's money to be made on Gumtree too Scottt

Ferrins
20th January 2013, 10:47 PM
Paying $180 into a OZgolfers account and never hearing from the toss pot again took my faith away for a while.

Pieface
20th January 2013, 11:21 PM
Paying $180 into a OZgolfers account and never hearing from the toss pot again took my faith away for a while.

If Ziggy was still around he would have sorted it!

Moe Norman
21st January 2013, 10:55 AM

happened to me on Gumtree, so I just avoid anything thats not pickup now.