PDA

View Full Version : OZgolf Champs Preparation/Training

AndyP
4th November 2005, 11:42 AM
OK, I'm not serious. I'm not actually doing any special preparation for the Champs.

However, I thought it might be interesting to see what golf you are playing leading up to our big event.

--------------------

I've got a rest weekend this week (so I'll probably do some mental training), but will probably go to the range next week to work on getting some consistency off the tee.

The next weekend (Nov 12) I am doing some conditioning training by playing and walking 36 holes in the one day, with little break in-between, at Nambour and Cooroy.

The penultimate weekend before the Champs, I will be working on building my confidence on the golf course, with a round at McLeod.

I'll also be playing the Lakelands round just before the big day, to ensure I'm not rusty come Sunday morning.

-------------------

That's what I've got lined up beforehand. How about yourselves?

BrisVegas
4th November 2005, 11:47 AM
I got no golf at all for next 3 weeks. Got 3 solid weekends of yard work, including shifting 15 cubic metres of soil from the front yard to the back with a wheelbarrow. If my back holds up, I should be good as gold. :wink:

jaster
4th November 2005, 12:29 PM
:shock: It is serious isn't it!!! :roll:

I think I'll be just doing the same old crap that I have been doing for the last month....9 holes every other day or when I can...browsing the net some day, gaming the rest of the day and watching the odd spot if TV/DVD etc etc Plus there is the odd matter of a few needles :roll: :lol:

Jarro
4th November 2005, 12:34 PM
no games planned for the next couple of weeks ... thanks to work :x

i'll be slipping out and playing 9 holes at Nudgee now and then.

I plan on playing the Friday before the Champs, then also Lakelands the day before 8) so that should be plenty of warmup for the big one.

Trung
4th November 2005, 12:42 PM
a few beers the night before should do it for me.... :D

AndyP
4th November 2005, 01:18 PM
Got 3 solid weekends of yard work, including shifting 15 cubic metres of soil from the front yard to the back with a wheelbarrow.
Aaaahhh, working on physical strength. Got your eye on the Long Drive prizes, have we?

andylo
4th November 2005, 02:15 PM
Preparation: Remeber to turn off my mobile phone :lol:

BrisVegas
4th November 2005, 02:24 PM
Got 3 solid weekends of yard work, including shifting 15 cubic metres of soil from the front yard to the back with a wheelbarrow.
Aaaahhh, working on physical strength.  Got your eye on the Long Drive prizes, have we?

Nah, I've had my 5 secs of glory there. Peter_RS_Bylsma is with us this year, so the LD competition is much fiercer. :P

AndyP
4th November 2005, 02:32 PM
Nah, I've had my 5 secs of glory there.  Peter_RS_Bylsma is with us this year, so the LD competition is much fiercer.  :P
Doesn't count if it's two fairways across though.

BrisVegas
4th November 2005, 02:40 PM
Nah, I've had my 5 secs of glory there.  Peter_RS_Bylsma is with us this year, so the LD competition is much fiercer.  :P
Doesn't count if it's two fairways across though.

ooooohhhhh you nasty b!tch. :shock: :lol: Not even a wink with it either.... Blakey's really gotten under your skin today huh?? :(

AndyP
4th November 2005, 02:49 PM
ooooohhhhh you nasty b!tch.  :shock:  :lol:   Not even a wink with it either....  Blakey's really gotten under your skin today huh??  :(
I've always said emoticons were overrated.

You just reminded me, I've gotta look for an ignore mod for the forum. " ;) "

peter_rs
4th November 2005, 03:04 PM
AP if I'm in your group I will take putter to make sure I'm in the right fairway past you. :wink:  :lol:

terryand
4th November 2005, 03:17 PM
AP if I'm in your group I will take putter to make sure I'm in the right fairway past you. :wink:  :lol:

http://deephousepage.com/smilies/respect.gif

markTHEblake
6th November 2005, 01:22 PM
I'm playing against Tex on saturday, thats about it. That should be enough preperation for a 36 hole slog in the heat.

shazza_rs
6th November 2005, 02:16 PM
Let me see.....

6 pack of stubbies this weekend
1/2 carton next weekend
weekend before champs ----- 3/4 or 1 whole carton of stubbies :wink:

I reckon that should be ample warm up for the champs :wink:

PS we were talking about the drinks on saturday night not the golf right? :D