PDA

View Full Version : Ping drivers review

gazgolf1
15th January 2013, 06:24 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7op5UXC547E

Captain Nemo
15th January 2013, 06:42 PM
Just given me 1/2 a woody thinking about hitting my Anser with the Kuro Kage this weekend.....:lol:
Wondered if he tested them all with same loft and shaft......?

Monsta
15th January 2013, 08:25 PM
The Ping Anser is the ducks guts, had mine for a few months now and love it.

BroKar
15th January 2013, 08:40 PM
love the anser driver, best driver i have owned so far

Captain Nemo
15th January 2013, 08:50 PM
love the anser driver, best driver i have owned so far

Wow, that's saying something....;)

ddasey
15th January 2013, 09:00 PM
love the anser driver, best driver i have owned this week

^^ Fixed

:mrgreen:

Lagerlover
15th January 2013, 09:16 PM
Nice ddasey..... and it is only Tuesday.

BroKar
15th January 2013, 09:37 PM
in all seriousness i have so much confidence with it, i do hit some bad one sstill but its me being lazy, looks awesome at address and is pretty low spin, i would like to see my numbers now i have the X Flex Blur.

AO85
15th January 2013, 11:21 PM
Yeah Karl you hit some screamers on Sunday with it.

timah!
15th January 2013, 11:25 PM
If only it went further than my 21* hybrid :lol:

CanuckDownUnder
16th January 2013, 08:19 AM
G20. But tossing up between the g25 and covert as a backup

Marto65
16th January 2013, 01:42 PM
G20. But tossing up between the g25 and covert as a backup

I've got the g20. Best driver I've had for so long it's not funny.

IamViva
16th January 2013, 02:07 PM
i am seriously thinking about buying a G25, looks sexy! would have to decide on shaft upgrade though... anyone know what pings upcharge on shafts is usually like?

popper81
16th January 2013, 02:20 PM
You're from Logan.... Of course black is sexy!!

AO85
16th January 2013, 02:29 PM
:eek: haha

CanuckDownUnder
16th January 2013, 02:47 PM
i am seriously thinking about buying a G25, looks sexy! would have to decide on shaft upgrade though... anyone know what pings upcharge on shafts is usually like?About $150-200 for the higher end shaftsJust waiting on confirmation from my contact for an AD BB innit

CanuckDownUnder
16th January 2013, 02:48 PM
I've got the g20. Best driver I've had for so long it's not funny. Best driver I've had ever. I might just pull the trigger on another with the same shaft it's so good

spanner039
21st January 2013, 08:32 PM
I've got the g20. Best driver I've had for so long it's not funny.

Totally agree, having said that I will be going straight into a G25

Love the high launch

Captain Nemo
21st January 2013, 08:38 PM
Used the Anser with Kuro Kage Black 60s yesterday.
Liked it, but didn't love it.
Could have been the setting I had it on (-)
I'll kick it back to neutral for this weekend....

Mububban
22nd January 2013, 10:56 AM
Half a degree wouldn't make a huge difference to ball flight would it? More of a subtle tweak I thought?

idgolfguy
22nd January 2013, 11:03 AM
Half a degree wouldn't make a huge difference to ball flight would it? More of a subtle tweak I thought?

Could amount to 15m or more in distance depending on swingspeed etc.

Captain Nemo
22nd January 2013, 11:05 AM

Its not the flight im worried about....its the way the face looks/sits at address.

mrbluu
22nd January 2013, 11:21 AM
Its not the flight im worried about....its the way the face looks/sits at address.

Bring it to Stone Cutters mate, the fairways are very generous so a good place to test drivers.....regardless of how early in the morning it is....:D

braddles
22nd January 2013, 12:03 PM

I had the same problem with the Anser driver. It always seemed like the face was open at address. I used it for two rounds. The first round with the stock Ping shaft was great. The second round with a PX6.0 was nothing but balloon balls.

tommyg
22nd January 2013, 02:02 PM
I've always scoffed at "draw biased" drivers but recently stuck a fubuki alpha x in a k15 9.5 and WOW. Long high baby draws even when I really jump at it. It seems like cheating... And I can hit a cut with it too if need be. Anyone else tried the k15? It's really hard to miss the fairway......

-FIGJAM-
30th January 2013, 01:57 PM
well my Ping doesnt work..... whenever i hit it 9 out of 10 shots is a slice. I am convinced its the club and not me................ or is that just wishful thinking?

in all seriousness, pretty sure i have a G25 not sure on the degree, when I hit it right and nice it feels alright, I don't get much distance out of it but I am still a beginner. I can out drive my best Ping shots with my Callaway 3 wood, which I am told isnt out of the ordinary for a beginner, is that true?

I was considering trying to get the head adjusted for slice but not sure if I should, as I go to lessons and can hit the ball straight at times (just not often). Also annoys me that I can hit the 3 wood straightish 90% of the time as well as my recovery

Mububban
30th January 2013, 11:04 PM
I've always scoffed at "draw biased" drivers but recently stuck a fubuki alpha x in a k15 9.5 and WOW. Long high baby draws even when I really jump at it. It seems like cheating... And I can hit a cut with it too if need be. Anyone else tried the k15? It's really hard to miss the fairway......

When I demoed the K15 I thought the same - this is like cheating! But I couldn't get my hands on a stiff shafted version so ended up with something else that I hit better than the G20 at the time. I always wonder "what if" though.....if I had more disposable income I'd buy one off ebay but alas I do not

Woody502
31st January 2013, 08:15 AM
I currently game the K15 and have done for quite a while now. I am in no hurry to replace it either as its the most consistent driver I have hit (can still have a bad day with iot though).

-FIGJAM-
2nd February 2013, 04:35 PM
just checked my club, its a G15 not a 25