PDA

View Full Version : Boeing just released a driver...

ben
3rd November 2005, 05:17 PM
Well it was really Boeing... just Golf Smiths new baby... 1000cc

http://www.golfsmith.com/images/g3100_alt3.jpg

http://www.golfsmith.com/images/g3100_alt1.jpg

Want to feel the power of your stroke? Look to the Golfsmith 1K driver heads!

Golfsmith is the first to offer a 1000cc titanium driver head. It's not meant for everyday play, but this huge driver head is a great conversation piece. Get creative - you can use this clubhead as a tournament prize, paper weight, or display.

6-4 all titanium construction allows for some fun, letting you tee it high and let it fly.

While it features a massive 79.5mm face height and 133mm front to back breadth, it still passes our normal durability testing for driver heads.

The headweight is 31 grams and a special .370" tip wood shaft manufactured by UST has been designed for both display and actual performance.

AndyP
3rd November 2005, 05:22 PM
I'd appreciate it if you didn't throw my company's name around like that (although it's probably an old habit of yours  ;) ).

The photo probably doesn't do it justice. Would be interesting to see it side by side with another driver.

I'm guessing it's not cheap, so would you really want it as a tournament prize or take it back for the voucher in the pro-shop?

Jono
3rd November 2005, 05:37 PM
AP, if you look at the size of the hosel compared to the clubhead, it gives you an idea of the monstrous size. :shock:

The headweight is 31 grams and a special .370" tip wood shaft manufactured by UST has been designed for both display and actual performance.

231 grams, I presume? :lol:

Someone at Golfsmith R&D dept must have had one too many to drink when he came up with this. :wink:

ben
3rd November 2005, 06:03 PM
310 grams

ben
3rd November 2005, 06:04 PM
I'd appreciate it if you didn't throw my company's name around like that (although it's probably an old habit of yours  ;) ).

The photo probably doesn't do it justice.  Would be interesting to see it side by side with another driver.

I'm guessing it's not cheap, so would you really want it as a tournament prize or take it back for the voucher in the pro-shop?

Sorry Andy... I did think about it tho.. if it was something really CUTTING edge.. it would have been a Lockheed driver :)

Jarro
3rd November 2005, 06:11 PM
Blakey wouldn't even be able to pick that sucker up :lol:

Jono
3rd November 2005, 06:31 PM
Blakey wouldn't even be able to pick that sucker up  :lol:

I don't think many people would be able to swing that thing! 310 grams ... geez ... It will come out with a swingweight of I5 or something ... :shock:

jaster
3rd November 2005, 07:49 PM
:shock: I'd love to have a crack with that sucker!!! 8)

Matt 3 Jab
3rd November 2005, 07:58 PM
That would be the best matchplay psych out ever! YOUR AWAY! :lol: i want one!