PDA

View Full Version : Electric Buggies

Flowergirl
3rd November 2005, 12:31 PM
When I started playing golf three years ago I always said that I'd never get an electric buggy. Now it seems a combination of old age, overweight and crook hamstrings are making me reconsider.
My home course is pretty hilly and with the hot weather (yes we get hot weather in Melb!) I'm thinking - just thinking at this stage - of going with an electric buggy.
Anyone got any advice on what I should look for? ( and don't give me the sorta advice you give Alo)
Thanks guys :D

Iain
3rd November 2005, 12:44 PM
and don't give me the sorta advice you give Alo

If it's good enough for A-lo, it's good enough for you..... :wink:

amanda
3rd November 2005, 01:18 PM
Reenie - think about what size you want - there are some very good buggies but they are rather chunky and you'd be hard pressed to fit 2 in the boot of a normal car with golf bags as well.

Also - an umbrella holder is a must! For both the sunny and rainy days.

Jono
3rd November 2005, 02:42 PM
FG,

Make sure you get a good one, even if you have to pay a bit extra. I got one cheap off ebay for my mum (despite Trung's insistence that I bought it for myself :roll: ) and it really didn't have enough power. Anything over 10 degrees incline and you have to push it. I had a go and it really was no better than pulling a buggy yourself.

Amanda makes a good point about size. Here's one that seems both powerful and compact when folded up.

http://www.golfclubsdownunder.com.au/product.asp?pID=176&cID=43

Good luck. 8)

Flowergirl
3rd November 2005, 05:51 PM
Thanks Amanda and Jono.....I'll bear that in mind. It looks like the cheap ones are cheap for a reason!
Thanks Iain......not :wink:

Pinglauncher
3rd November 2005, 07:12 PM
FG, make sure it is a "TOUR" model and then if you have to resell it you will have no problem :wink:

I have seen some of the cheaper ones and in all honesty you may as well be carrying your bag and you definately get what you pay for.

I give myself another year or two and I think I will be moving into one as well.

Iain
4th November 2005, 01:49 AM
Thanks Iain......not :wink:

Anytime FG. :lol: