PDA

View Full Version : 35th Ryder Cup (Last year)

jaster
3rd November 2005, 09:54 AM
I just rewatched a highlights video I acquired recently of the 35th Ryder Cup. What an exciting and easy win for the Euros! Amazing to see the Yanks never really in the contest on their home sole. This years Presidents Cup almost went a similar way although to their credit the US fought back and won. If Ernie had of played it would have been a loss IMO.

Does anyone else like this format of golf? I personally could watch matchplay over stroke play all the time. LOVE IT!!! 8)

Bruce
3rd November 2005, 11:08 AM
I like the format a lot too Jaster.

There is some very aggressive shot making which makes for plenty of highlights. There are also a lot less players out on the course so you get to see pretty much every shot by every player. TV coverage seems to focus on putts that go in the hole (even tap ins) and drives. The only time a fairway shot gets a look is when it knocks down the flag.

I sat up very late to watch as much President's Cup as I could and only marginally regretted how tired I was the next day.

markTHEblake
3rd November 2005, 11:31 AM
who cares about watching - how about playing.

Ryder cup Ozgolf style - City v Country.
those pansy city boys with their tour gear and pretty shirts wont know what hit em.

jaster
3rd November 2005, 11:34 AM
Your exactly right Bruce, seeing Tee shots makes the viewing so much better, as normal golfers we all understand how difficult it is to find a fairway let alone with heaps of pressure on.. Also not following Tiger for 9 holes shooting 2 under and missing out on the guy who shot 6 under is also great ;) I don't have Fox but my father tapes the PGA/EURO events when he can and I have 15 hours of this years presidents cup in video and it was easily the most riveting viewing I have watched in a long time, even though I knew the result. Awesome stuff!

jaster
3rd November 2005, 11:43 AM

Ryder cup Ozgolf style - City v Country.
those pansy city boys with their tour gear and pretty shirts wont know what hit em.

hahahh....we did do this last year with Country winning...I think for the ozgolf champs this would be a great idea blakey :smt023

BrisVegas
3rd November 2005, 12:20 PM

Ryder cup Ozgolf style - City v Country.those pansy city boys with their tour gear and pretty shirts wont know what hit em.

think you better start a separate thread for that one blakey... It's got potential.

McMw
3rd November 2005, 03:29 PM
It was great to see a few matches thru the three days go to the 18th....

talk about a tough tee shot, and an even harder 2nd shot!!!

Did you see Sergio's putt??? :shock: :shock: :shock:

jaster
3rd November 2005, 06:47 PM
That putt of Sergies was amazing!!! For a 5 :shock: :roll: :lol:

The 18th at Firestone is just ridiculous now....best golfers in the world laying up on a Par 4 after a 300yard drive :cry: