PDA

View Full Version : So Just booked in for lessons.. :)

Willo 06
9th January 2013, 07:36 PM
Hey guys because i'm new to golf so I thought i would dive into lessons before I even play a round of golf. Do you think this is a good idea? My thoughts are if I can be taught the right way to swing the club that leaves less room for any bad habits I obtain before any lessons.
By the way I'm going to be coached by Brent Dale.
Another thing, I'm chasing golf shoes, Is there anything I should be looking for In a shoe. Are they prettyl much all the same but different looks?
Im looking at the Nike Lunar Control.
Andrew

Captain Nemo
9th January 2013, 07:38 PM
Yep doing the right thing IMO.
Try and stick with the same guy even if you don't see immediate results.

Willo 06
9th January 2013, 07:59 PM

I'm not expecting miracles, I really just want to play socially and be able to hit the ball properly. I will stick with this guy and booked in 6 lessons so hopefully I'm a quick learner and I can have a hit with a few guys from the forum.

virge666
9th January 2013, 08:42 PM

Plus one on that

Hidepenny
9th January 2013, 09:05 PM
IMHO, on top of getting lessons, I think you should just hit balls and get A feel for body coordination, when I had my first few lessons, I simply didn't understand what the coach explained, it was too much to take in without that prior knowledge of what went wrong at the first place, the money is better spent at rectification since you are new to golf than from a blank sheet, in which state you can't help but get advises from various people, and that's gonna confuse the hell out of you, and it's going to take enormous amount of time to validate.