PDA

View Full Version : NSW: Port Kembla then Launchy with Jono - Tuesday 15th Jan

virge666
9th January 2013, 08:51 AM
Morning all,

I have a day of testing a newly rebuilt BMW at Wakefield on Wednesday 16th... I have to be at the track at 8am so I am heading down south on Tuesday so i dont have to leave Newport 1/2 an hour before i go to bed.

Can anyone host a game on Tuesday arvo - doesn't have to be comp. If we tee off around Midday - Jono is coming down to Port Kembla range @ 4:30pm with his Trackman stuff and we are going to have an evening till about 730ish bashing balls and looking at the computer screen.

Peppas
10th January 2013, 07:16 AM
Virge, I have that day off work... I might be able to host you on Tuesday afternoon at Shell Cove if you're interested?

virge666
10th January 2013, 11:44 AM
Virge, I have that day off work... I might be able to host you on Tuesday afternoon at Shell Cove if you're interested?

Yeah why not - we just have to be back at Kebla @ 4:30ish.

Jono
10th January 2013, 12:39 PM
Shell Cove is a good track with some interesting holes. Just don't take a cart, Virge. They make you stay on the path which is a pain in the arse.

I'll be at Port Kembla golf club with my trackman around 4:30pm give or take 15 minutes. I'll stay as long as the battery lasts on my lap top as there are no power points there. From experience, I can go about 2-3 hours.

Peppas
10th January 2013, 01:47 PM
I'll confirm with you over the weekend Virge, there is a Tuesday comp and I am booked in to play in the morning. I can either play that and meet you afterwards for another round or I can do the comp round with you. I think I might have a free round voucher for a members guest, I'll try and dig it up.

You can take the carts off the path usually when its dry, they make you keep them on when its wet though...

Jono
10th January 2013, 02:44 PM
I'll confirm with you over the weekend Virge, there is a Tuesday comp and I am booked in to play in the morning. I can either play that and meet you afterwards for another round or I can do the comp round with you. I think I might have a free round voucher for a members guest, I'll try and dig it up.

You can take the carts off the path usually when its dry, they make you keep them on when its wet though...

I thought they were making you stay on the path because of some old guy falling into a hidden bunker and hurting himself?

Peppas
10th January 2013, 03:44 PM
I thought they were making you stay on the path because of some old guy falling into a hidden bunker and hurting himself?

I didn't hear about this? I saw carts driving everywhere in my round on Sunday :)

Peppas
10th January 2013, 10:27 PM
Ok bad news Virge, I can't play on Tuesday afternoon, apparantly I already had plans I had forgotten about :(

Sorry about that... I did find the voucher for a free round at Shell Cove though if you want it and are going to have a round there.

virge666
14th January 2013, 10:23 PM
No worries... i will be getting there about 3 ish... John will be there with the Launchy about 4:30ish.

See you guys then...

Peppas
14th January 2013, 10:56 PM
Hope you guys have fun. Looks like I wouldn't have been able to have a game with you anyways Virge, my forearms are sore as, hopefully I don't have golfers elbow or something. Can't even swing a club properly at the moment :(

virge666
14th January 2013, 11:54 PM
No worries mate. Take it easy !