PDA

View Full Version : Week Commencing 7 January 2013

Bruce
7th January 2013, 07:32 PM
Let's kick off the New Year!!

32 points around the Heath.

Butchered 11 and 17 but an otherwise solid mix of the odd birdie and soft doubles.

chappy1970
7th January 2013, 08:43 PM
Bruce did the Ping 4 wood perform?

WBennett
7th January 2013, 09:26 PM
Are you semi permanently back Bruce?

Pencil
8th January 2013, 06:51 PM
41 points round the Vines today in the Miners Comp. Finished square on the back with 3 birds and a double.

Ashes
8th January 2013, 06:53 PM
41 points round the Vines today in the Miners Comp. Finished square on the back with 3 birds and a double.

Nice work. There goes the cap tho, you'll be off sfa now!

Pencil
8th January 2013, 07:03 PM
Yep, I'm screwed.

Edit, the h/c got hammered.

JADO75
8th January 2013, 08:13 PM
-3 in a plus, minus thing at Tuncurry today. Bloody tough track if you font find the fairway from the tee, if you're prepared to hit a ball 200m off the tee all day then you'd do fine. Personally that bores the crap out of me. On a lighter note, couldn't have met a bigger bunch of prick members if I tried today. Said hello to a thousand people today & got rudely brushed by 98% of them, the lady in the pro shop was an old cow too. Tuncurry golf club give yourself an uppercut!

mrbluu
8th January 2013, 09:52 PM
-3 in a plus, minus thing at Tuncurry today. Bloody tough track if you font find the fairway from the tee, if you're prepared to hit a ball 200m off the tee all day then you'd do fine. Personally that bores the crap out of me. On a lighter note, couldn't have met a bigger bunch of prick members if I tried today. Said hello to a thousand people today & got rudely brushed by 98% of them, the lady in the pro shop was an old cow too. Tuncurry golf club give yourself an uppercut!

Seriously what do you really think.....

BenM
8th January 2013, 10:28 PM
Nothing worse than a club full of people who don't talk to guests - seriously, if they want people to come and play their course they need to be a little welcoming!

Golfnut
8th January 2013, 11:41 PM
41pts (off 15) round new home club today (Royal Fremantle) and hopefully an NTP for B grade on 12th.....played 4 comp rounds there so far and this is the best round I've played in a long long time, anywhere. Left a few shots out there more so with putts that just didn't drop so no birdies at all in the round. Starting on the 10th seems to be good for me mentally & physically as the back 9 is quite a tough walk.....last thursday's round was 32pts but felt really good, just had a string of 1 pointers on the run home as the putter went off a bit but managed to keep it all together today.
'Cap back to 13.8.

3w is on fire atm and getting me out of the shite quite a bit as I'm still trying to dial in the RAZR Fit.....currently set to square, heel weighted but I'm still getting more than a few that are going dead left, rest are pretty straight with a slight fade at worst.

Pencil
8th January 2013, 11:45 PM
Solid round GN. Hows the course look for condition?

hocko
8th January 2013, 11:54 PM
Awesome

idgolfguy
9th January 2013, 12:19 AM
Yep, I'm screwed.

Edit, the h/c got hammered.
I still reckon you're good for another two voucher days before you get to your real hc.

Pencil
9th January 2013, 12:22 AM
Nope.It dropped from 6.5 to 1.8 . I'll never play to it.

Ashes
9th January 2013, 12:28 AM

Plenty of time to sandbag with WA Champs not till October!

idgolfguy
9th January 2013, 12:29 AM
Give yourself ten rounds before your HC settles and I reckon you will end being at about 3.1 or 3.3.

Interesting is that for the next year, the worst you'd get out to 5.8 as you anchor regardless of what you shoot.

Pencil
9th January 2013, 12:34 AM
I'll find out in 4 weeks when I get to play again.

Pieface
9th January 2013, 12:44 AM
Shootin' Nut and Pencil! Is pencil our lowest capped WAnker now?

Tallied the carnage from yesterday at Carramar (changed venues in light of playing with all my friends)

31 points - 6 pars, 4 singles and some very big numbers off 22 hcp...

In hindsight probably spat the chewy a bit early and playing as a single had too much time to stew on the bad ones. Got to get more accepting of the real clangers when I only swing the clubs every few months lately.

I thought about giving it away after chopping the 8th and losing 3 pills - I think it as about 38 and raining at that point :cry: Decided to pack the driver away for the rest of the round and clocked 13 points in the next 5 holes to feel somewhat restored.

Stupid game,it's never long before you start thinking you'll be better next time out!

Bruce
9th January 2013, 10:48 AM
Are you semi permanently back Bruce?

Dunno yet.

Marto65
9th January 2013, 10:52 AM
Played The Preserve and Double Pin at Mission Hills Haikou yesterday.

The courses are in fabulous condition and are amazing. I had a caddy who could speak a little English. He wore a helmet, as they all do.

The Preserve is a wide open shortish course with a lot of bunkers and undulating greens. The greens here look slow but play quick and it takes a bit of time to get your head around it. I busted the driver all day but found that it. Is very hard to score when you continually blade sand wedges from 70 yards. If I had 36 points here on an Ozgolf day I'd be about 8 behind. Unfortunately, I had 31. I put it down to a bit of jet lag and was keen to go out again, the first round taking 2.5 hours.

I then tried a par 3 course called Double Pin, as the short game needed a workout. The idea here is that I can play with a beginner and they have an accessible hole for them and I played to the harder hole, normally protected by bunkers and severely undulating greens. This was loads of fun and I discovered that if your caddy cleans the grooves on the sand wedge that you can get a bit of spin. The holes range from 8 iron to flick sandy most being around 80 yards. I hit a few shots that looked great and spun back down the hill leaving hard 2 putts. Anyway, sorted a few things out and had 44 points off my new 7 handicap. Lol.

Helen said she feels like we are stuck in a EuroAsian Song Contest with the music blaring out around the resort. Seafood meal last night was brilliant.

Marto65
9th January 2013, 11:08 AM
AndyP. Can you please move this post .... Sorry, I read the other one as 1st January, not 7th.

popper81
9th January 2013, 11:10 AM
Always messing with the system!!!

Looks awesome. Glad you are playing half decent as well ;)

Lagerlover
9th January 2013, 11:18 AM
why didnt you tell me you were going?

you look so ronery out there by yourself.... and why was the caddies helmet one of the first things you mentioned?

sms316
9th January 2013, 11:20 AM
Helen said she feels like we are stuck in a EuroAsian Song Contest with the music blaring out around the resort. Seafood meal last night was brilliant.
How is Helen going communicating with the bus drivers?

popper81
9th January 2013, 11:26 AM
How is Helen going communicating with the bus drivers?

:lol:

Marto65
9th January 2013, 12:05 PM
why didnt you tell me you were going?

you look so ronery out there by yourself.... and why was the caddies helmet one of the first things you mentioned?

Because its different.

My first thought was ' I don't hit I that bad'. Then I started hitting it that bad.

Hatchman
9th January 2013, 12:33 PM

Ouch that's a huge drop.
Have you just got your handicap back recently so the best one or two rounds are flags?

Pencil
9th January 2013, 01:38 PM
Its only my 5th card

Hatchman
9th January 2013, 03:21 PM
Its only my 5th card

It's cruel isn't it.

I was in the same boat. Put my three cards in to get hcp back after a 6 year hiatus. They started my on 8 and and I dopped to 5 after having one great game. At the time I was thinking there is no way I'm a 5 and I'll have no chance of getting near that. Next few games could play within cooee of 5. Just got 1 back a couple of weeks ago and lost one again on the weekend so it's back to 5 again. I have three flag rounds now.

Maybe when it all evens out you will be a 2hcp.

Yossarian
9th January 2013, 03:59 PM
First comp at RP.

-1 in a par. Course rates 73 which surprised me.

Hit 12 fairways, nearmappable drive on 16. Iron were average, chipping quite bad, putted well.

sms316
9th January 2013, 04:20 PM
Cool. Another WAnker to towel up dc68 at Nullabor Cup II.

Pencil
9th January 2013, 05:03 PM
First comp at RP.

putted well.

Which wedge?

Marto65
10th January 2013, 12:05 PM
36 holes today.

Shadow Dunes is a sand hills course.

Lava Fields speaks for itself. It's the no. 2 course here.

Photos later.

Shane788
10th January 2013, 12:53 PM
Shot 69 off the stick today in comp, 1 under par. Birdied the 1st then 17 straight pars with my new Scotty Cameron Del Mar, great day :D

Yossarian
10th January 2013, 03:25 PM
Ha!

I went back through the round, 14 fairways, 2 GIR. Ouch. 34 putts. No 3 putts.

Shane788
10th January 2013, 04:45 PM
Shot 69 off the stick today in comp, -1 under par, birdied the 1st then 17 straight pars. :D

Marto65
10th January 2013, 08:12 PM
When I stop batting off, I'll tell you guys how good today was.

Lagerlover
10th January 2013, 08:24 PM
When I stop batting off, I'll tell you guys how good today was.

Have you started yet??

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=qPl0leypC-M&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DqPl0leypC-M

Golfnut
10th January 2013, 10:48 PM
-3 in par comp today....first time I've played par and so far not a big fan.....feel totally deflated after Tuesdays round but I guess "that's golf".

simmsy
11th January 2013, 12:38 AM
34pts today. Played like crap. Was 2pts after 3 holes.

54% fwy
28% gir
31putts

bergsey
11th January 2013, 01:02 AM
Good form going into Sunday Simmsy... My form can't be any worse so not worried about it

Johnny Canuck
11th January 2013, 03:08 AM
Ha!I went back through the round, 14 fairways, 2 GIR. Ouch. 34 putts. No 3 putts. You hit every fairway on the course and managed 2 gir. Any of the big 2 come on par 3s? Time for new irons.

Hatchman
11th January 2013, 03:54 AM
Ha!I went back through the round, 14 fairways, 2 GIR. Ouch. 34 putts. No 3 putts.
You hit every fairway on the course and managed 2 gir. Any of the big 2 come on par 3s? Time for new irons.Didn't make many up and downs either.

Marto65
11th January 2013, 10:09 AM
Ok. Time to give myself 15 minutes rest.

It's not often you get to play 2 courses in one day that would both be in your top 10 or 20.

I expected Shadow Dunes to be a bit of a warm up course for the afternoon round. I was expecting a flattish, kinda Palm Meadows without the water surrounded by a few sand hills. How wrong I was.

Shadow Dunes was every bit s fun to play as Barnbougle Dunes. Massive Greens (one double green and one triple green) with huge undulations. Generous but not massive driving areas. Good shots rewarded, bad shots punished. 79.

Lava Fields has massive expanses of fairways, even Popper could hit some of them. It's just a sea of green and black, with water thrown in on 2 or 3 holes. It's like the course architects have been given an open chequebook. 84 tiring badly at the end.

Then the head chef cooked us a private meal. We are being treated like royalty. I've only seen one other westerner around and he works at the Hank Haney Academy. The VP is taking us out for dinner tonight in town somewhere. Will try to squeeze in another 18 today.

This place would be so awesome with a group of 8 golfers. Photos below.

21788 21790

popper81
11th January 2013, 10:31 AM
Photos look awesome.... looks like some great tracks. My cousin has just finished a 7 year stint as a principle at english speaking school over there. Was always trying to get me to come over and teach (apparantly teaching degrees are overrated, have you seen my english!!!). I would have missed facebook too much. ( she is actually always on facebook, not sure what her trick is)

Even I could hit the fairways??? Most fairways tighten up abit once you get more than 200m from the tee... I will get Dicky to explain it to you one day.

Marto65
11th January 2013, 10:44 AM
Some of these you could hit hungover, in a driving comp with me, mate.

Can't get on Facebook here. Got about 90 photos from yesterday. Will post some on there when I get back.

Marto65
11th January 2013, 08:36 PM
Played The Vintage today.

The best way to describe it is to picture "Tillinghaust meets The Ferret". I've seen today some of the strangest things I've ever seen on the course today. It's like the designer was told to emulate Riviera and then given him a protractor and some LSD.

Consider the following conversation.

Tillinghaust - The second hole will be a long par four dogleg to the left with a long green.
Ferret - How about we drop a skateboarding half pipe from 100m high on to the middle of the green and see what that does.
Tillinghaust - er ..... Ok.

Have a look at this photo.

On the left is a bunker with a hill inside it. Just past that is 3 pot bunkers. On the right is a 25 meter long bunker about a metre wide.

The course was fun, longish and a good challenge and in good nick too. Had 78 (+6).

jaybam
11th January 2013, 10:38 PM
Photos look good. Do you get caddies at all these courses or only some of them?

Jarro
12th January 2013, 06:38 AM
35 points at Nudgee yesterday.

Seems a little insignificant after Marto's adventures in the previous posts :p

Marto65
12th January 2013, 08:14 AM
Photos look good. Do you get caddies at all these courses or only some of them?

All of them. Not many speak English though here. It's compulsory. Plus, if you play 36, your caddy will stay with you all day. Must tip too.

Marto65
12th January 2013, 08:31 AM
35 points at Nudgee yesterday.

Seems a little insignificant after Marto's adventures in the previous posts :p

Nice work Jarro. Well played.

I'm hitting the ball great over here, but really struggling on the par 5s. Yesterday's round included 2 doubles on them.

Stone quarry today. A Pete Dye style course with an abandoned railway theme. Emphasis with this course is placement apparently. Should be fun.

WBennett
12th January 2013, 08:43 AM
2014 ChinGolf Champs venue?

Out of curiosity, what is a round worth assuming you hire everything and tip everyone? The wife wants to go to Hong Kong for a week, I am trying to work out what side trips I can do...

Marto65
12th January 2013, 09:05 AM
2014 ChinGolf Champs venue?

Out of curiosity, what is a round worth assuming you hire everything and tip everyone? The wife wants to go to Hong Kong for a week, I am trying to work out what side trips I can do...

Avg cost about $160 per game. I have my own clubs here so i will try to find out and get back to you.

WBennett
12th January 2013, 09:13 AM
Thanks Marto, you are a legend.

I'll have to buy you a beer in Melbourne

muldude
12th January 2013, 11:25 AM
played this morning early again, 73 for 71 nett. stuffed if i know how, hit it all over the joint. lucky i can putt i reckon............bloody chopper ;-)

oz
12th January 2013, 01:04 PM
41 pts at Thurgoona this morning. Hit it solidly for the most part. Played more conservatively from a few tee boxes. Missed a couple of good chances, but am happy enough.

PeteyD
12th January 2013, 01:08 PM
29pts today. Some things are starting to come back together though. Good warmup for the big match tomorrow! Was glad to finish it was a bit brutal out there in the heat.

Marto65
12th January 2013, 01:36 PM
Another day, another great,fun course to play.

A massive abandoned mine/quarry runs right through the middle of this course, complete with mine cars and railway tracks. Some of the tracks are used for walking up to the green while the caddy drives the cart around.

I was told this course was short, but more strategic. I was on the first tee at 7am and could barely see ( still dark and overcast). Here is a pic of the 2nd. A 220 yard par 3.

The 4th green. Hit driver-4 iron just short.

Anyway. Played ordinary the front nine and awesome on the back. Score withheld due to potential ridicule as I was on my own apart from the caddy and there are no comps here. ;)

More photos on fbook when I get back.

Ronny
12th January 2013, 02:19 PM
35 points today in SIngle Stab. 18/17 (41/46). played back nine again first and went OK for 18 points. Rolled ankle on a cart path/dirt washout. Went down like I was hit by a sniper was the description. Went to poo after that. Played to 18 so no change in handicap.

Course is very very dry at the moment. We are thinking or looking elsewhere to play for a few weeks unless e get some rain!

Oh **** it was HOT!!

catch22
12th January 2013, 03:51 PM
Went bad today in stroke! Fireball round so no details but played like crap and 4 putted twice

Hatchman
12th January 2013, 04:14 PM
Played early @ Kapunda today.
Stupid par comp :x (these should be banned, stroke or stableford only IMHO)

Shot my PB around my new home today and was one better off the stick than I was for par (all holes were holed out as I play par rounds as stroke rounds any way).
For once I got off to a good start and pared the front nine. Was looking like the usual 3-4 over for the front until I played 6,7 and 8 4 under then boggied 9.
Started the back with birdie on 10 and finished the nine with a birdie to par the nine and the course :D:D finishing +4 for Par.
Going to loose another shot and be down to 4. If they handicap me on my stroke Id be on 3.41

My marker shot his PB also and has me on a CB with the same score. He has 3x as much hcp to play with and easily left an easy 3-4 shots out there being conservative. When we went back and reviewed his squandered opportunities, only one would have changed his par score :roll:.

Titleist 910 D3 was good again today. Can't say the same for the recently purchased 910FD 15° 3wood :(. Used it twice from less than great lies (hey ya gotta use a new club in the round some where don't ya) with horrendous results. One was a bad cut and the other was a cold topped pull. No damage was done to the score from either as one I managed a 6 foot birdie with a good recovery from the trees and the other a good 6iron to salvage a safe 2 putt par. The clubs career with me is off to a shaky start. Spun 2 3/4 wedges 12feet backwards today with the TP5. One was good because I landed past the pin and left me with a 4foot birdie putt, the other cost me a bogey as it ended up coming to rest 20feet from the pitch mark after it rolled off the green and than down the slope. Pin was about 10 foot from the front.

Stats Kapunda Par 73
73/68 for +4
OS = 73 - 36out, 37in
ED = 53.3%
ID = 46.7%
GIR = 9 - 4out, 5in
Putts = 27 - 13out, 14in

4 birdies, 1 eagle (another 6 balls thank you). Double free round again and no 3 stabs

3Puttpete
12th January 2013, 04:20 PM
37 points (18/19)
8/13 fairways
4 GIR
38 putts

Last week I started par quad bogey, par. This week I started wipe, par, double. It's the consistency that makes me so special.
Too many putts the last couple of weeks. Something to work on.

Courty
12th January 2013, 04:33 PM
Single stab today at Cairns watching in amusement as Solarman played his Fireball match. When the rain started I though for a moment that a Fireball NCR was on the cards :lol:, but he soldiered on in the end. Enough about him...

In short, I sucked. Hit far too few FIRs & GIRs. My 31 putts included 2 three-putts. :roll: I was almost surprised to see 32 pts on the card as it felt way worse than that.:?

Monsta
12th January 2013, 05:02 PM
Played golf today in the Monthly medal........ thats it .....no more to tell

oz
12th January 2013, 05:11 PM
Nice going hatchman! Great stuff.

Nuffie
12th January 2013, 05:17 PM
First comp round of 2013 AND wished I'd waited a few more weeks longer b4 learning not to swing it like a hellicopter.

26 pts and 88 with an axe. For someone who practices more than once a week this is a complete joke...

Hatchman
12th January 2013, 05:20 PM
Played golf today in the Monthly medal........ thats it .....no more to tell

So not really golf, but something mocking you it was golf???

Monsta
12th January 2013, 05:23 PM
So not really golf, but something mocking you it was golf???

Ok I should have said that I walked the course for the monthly medal today and occasionally came across the ball that I was attempting to hit in a general direction of one of the 18 greens that inhabit the Gungahlin Lakes golf course

Hatchman
12th January 2013, 05:25 PM
Nice going hatchman! Great stuff.

Thanks oz.
It's nice to have a good one as I'm in the dog house for going out today. Had to get an entry from signed by a committee member for an open event in few weeks. The Minister of War and Finance doesn't understand the concept of last entries in first out if the field fills :roll:.

BenM
12th January 2013, 05:30 PM
40 points today. Won a ball for my troubles.

3 birdies
4 bogeys
10 pars
.....and a quad... ouch. Stats here. (http://golfshot.com/rounds/detail/11-14671700-14671724)

Funny old day, really. Sprayed it a little bit, and hit a fair few bad shots, but got up and down lots of times, including 2 good sand saves, and chipped in for birdie on 13. Funny how when I am hitting the ball well I can't get up and down to save myself, if I'd chipped like this a couple of weeks ago I would've gone close to shooting even par a couple of times.

Annyway... handicap drops yet again to an all time low of 6.8. It's been a pretty solid couple of months.

popper81
12th January 2013, 10:38 PM
77/33 points.... First round since before Xmas. Should have been 90, except I had the touch of a surgeon around the greens. 11/14 up and downs.

Marto65
13th January 2013, 02:04 PM
Today I played Meadow Links.

As far as the courses here are concerned, it's probably the least interesting. Nothing wrong with it, think Hope Island with flat greens. There were a few false fronts and about 3 sets of church pew bunkers, but one I would miss happily for any of the other courses.

It didn't get real interesting until around the 14th. This is a pic of the 16 th. probably the best hole of the course. Short par 4 with risk/reward.

I just didn't get over, but made 4 anyway.

Looking forward to tomorrow and the no.1 Blackstone Course. They are playing the World Cup on it this year. Will probably try to play it twice in the coming days.

jaybam
13th January 2013, 05:57 PM
Went down to mt warren park today. Hit six shots. Four out of the six were great.

idgolfguy
13th January 2013, 06:31 PM
Vines on Saturday, 24 pts.
WAGC on Sunday, 0 (Par comp for their Summer Cup). Winner was +3.

simmsy
13th January 2013, 08:16 PM
Winner +3???
Really??

Damn Shadesy!! If only u could putt. ;)

I ended -4 today. Horrible front 9 good back 9.

Golfnut
13th January 2013, 09:46 PM
Par sucks balls

Clevo89
13th January 2013, 10:02 PM
94 at rosehill, was looking at a pb if i got par on the 18th but lost my ball after the 3rd shot, i swear someone picked it up!

Clevo89
13th January 2013, 10:08 PM
94 at rosehill, was looking at a pb if i got par on the 18th but lost my ball after the 3rd shot, i swear someone picked it up!

Ashes
13th January 2013, 11:41 PM
I ended -4 today. Horrible front 9 good back 9.

Based on your latest avatar I would have assumed the back 9 would be your preference..

Shortylook
14th January 2013, 07:17 AM
Only had 14 points for 9 holes today from our summer scrounges. Wiped the first 3 holes, so dissapointed with them, but then i semi recovered. I think I need to hit the practice range heaps if I want to see improvement

PeteyD
14th January 2013, 07:27 AM
Par comps are great. It is more pure golf, you against the course.

mrbluu
14th January 2013, 09:08 AM
Had a hit with Anfieldred and his friend Les @ cabra yesterday. I had 35points including 3 back nine wipes. Shot even par the back nine at cabra (my first nine) 22points . Then collapsed on the front nine (8over) 13 points with 3 wipes. Only really hit a couple of loose shots that really cost me. One OB, and 2 under trees that I tried to be too aggressive come out of them cos I thought I was running hot. I hit 8 greens plus 2 that where on the fringe. Had only 32 putts with no 3 puts. Also hit the lip about 5 times.

Over it was an awesome day. My friend who plays off 5 had 37points, including an eagle on the Par5 6th. We had 40 points in the teams scratch, and I think 49 points in the 2BBB which we won.

Marto65
14th January 2013, 09:23 AM
Took the wife to the spa for a facial yesterday so I could go out an play again. Decided to try the second of the par three courses which I was going to give a miss.

I'm glad I played. Without doubt the prettiest course I've ever played. Holes ranges from full sand wedge to 5 iron. Took heaps of photos. Will post later. Had a shocker, but it was heaps of fun. Great place to tune the short game and approach play.

There would be at least 14 holes on this course that would be the signature hole on 95% of golf courses.

PeteyD
14th January 2013, 09:30 AM
Where are you Marto? Other than in China.

Marto65
14th January 2013, 09:43 AM
Where are you Marto? Other than in China.

Just at Mission Hills Haikou.

PeteyD
14th January 2013, 09:55 AM
Just? Are there 3 different mission hills resorts, or are they all together?

Google maps to the rescue, 3 different resorts. Wow.

Hatchman
14th January 2013, 12:40 PM
Par comps are great. It is more pure golf, you against the course. Par is a novelty game/scoring format.Stroke is pure golf not Par.

PeteyD
14th January 2013, 12:52 PM
Match play is pure golf. Par is match play against a course. Stroke came about later.

<edit>
Stand corrected, the first Open was stroke play.

However, I will stand by my statement that Par is more valid than stableford as an event type. I can't understand why it is not well liked.

</edit>

Monsta
14th January 2013, 12:58 PM
Just at Mission Hills Haikou.

Who organised the trip Marto????

Marto65
14th January 2013, 01:18 PM
Who organised the trip Marto????

Me.

Mission Hills Haikou is on an island called Hainan. There are 10 courses here. One to go now.

Monsta
14th January 2013, 01:22 PM
Me.

Mission Hills Haikou is on an island called Hainan. There are 10 courses here. One to go now.

I booked thru AYM golf when I did it, thought you may have as well. I did Mission Hills (Shenzen), are the caddies good? I know that they made the golf games when I played, didnt speak much english, but great company & they loved us Aussies.

Marto65
14th January 2013, 01:44 PM
Just did it all myself.

The caddies have been great.

The wifi here is very busy so I can't send photos at the moment.

I played The Blackstone today. The No.1 course here. It's pretty brutal. I had +12 but was only 1 over for the last 6. Hitting greens doesn't guarantee you par on this course, and its tough to hit them. I hit 7 greens and hit the ball pretty good.

Marto65
14th January 2013, 02:32 PM

The 18th at the par 3 course.

21835 the 13th.

Marto65
14th January 2013, 02:40 PM

A couple from this morning. The 4th and 5th holes.

A thick fog rolled in on the 9th and I could see the flag from 100 yards for 3 holes.

Marto65
14th January 2013, 09:07 PM

Last day of golf tomorrow. Torn between playing The Blackstone again or playing Sandbelt Trails - the Aussie course.