PDA

View Full Version : Yet another iron from TaylorMade

Davemason
2nd November 2005, 06:18 PM
http://www.golfsmith.com/images/logos/003_taylormade.gif
http://www.golfsmith.com/images/tm1265.jpghttp://www.golfsmith.com/images/tm1265_alt2.jpg
http://www.golfsmith.com/images/tm1265_alt3.jpghttp://www.golfsmith.com/images/tm1265_alt1.jpg
A new era in iron performance!

The r7 CGB MAX iron incorporates Inverted Core Technology (ICT), a metalwood breakthrough used to expand the size of the COR zone in TaylorMade drivers.

ICT changes the way the clubface behaves at impact and increases the size of the zone that delivers high initial ball speed. This makes the r7 CGB MAX more forgiving and easier to launch and promotes "constant distance" - exceptional yardage, shot after shot.

Features:

Enhanced Inverted Cone Technology maximizes the COR zone, delivering the highest ball speed over a larger face area. Experience longer carry and distance on mis-hits.

100% CNC-milled, high strength 455 stainless steel clubface offers the highest allowable COR for maximum ball speed. Experience maximum carry and distance.

Hollow Top-Line frame and wide sole allows 17 grams of mass to be positioned lower and deeper back, away from the face. This delivers the highest launch angle for maximum carry.

Largest iron clubhead with four tungsten cartridges positioned heel and toe delivers a high MOI and increases forgiveness on mis-hits.

Hyperlight graphite shaft promotes maximum swing speed for maximum distance.

Club      Loft   Lie     Offset       Length   Swingweight
3-Iron    19°   61°     6 mm       39"          D0
4-Iron    21°   61.5°   5.7 mm    38.5"       D0
5-Iron    23°   62°     5.3 mm    38"           D0
6-Iron    26°   62.5°   5 mm      37.5"        D0
7-Iron    30°   63°     4.7 mm    37"           D0
8-Iron    34°   63.5°   4.3 mm   36.5"         D0
9-Iron    39°   64°     4 mm       36"           D0
PW         44°   64.5°  3.7 mm    35.75"      D1

T-Step steel shaft promotes maximum swing speed for maximum distance.

Club Loft Lie Offset Length Swingweight
3-Iron 19° 61° 6 mm 38.75" D1
4-Iron 21° 61.5° 5.7 mm 38.25" D1
5-Iron 23° 62° 5.3 mm 37.75" D1
6-Iron 26° 62.5° 5 mm 37.25" D1
7-Iron 30° 63° 4.7 mm 36.75" D1
8-Iron 34° 63.5° 4.3 mm 36.25" D1
9-Iron 39° 64° 4 mm 35.75" D1
PW 44° 64.5° 3.7 mm 35.5" D2

Fishman Dan
2nd November 2005, 06:23 PM
I'm just stunned.

Where do they hire the brains to think of "ICT - Inverted Core Technology".

The words, not the gimmicky bit on the club.

I can see the clever bit though - the PW at 44* is as my current 9 iron should be, and i think most 3 irons are 22* - we're at 19* here. You get the drift, i think this argument has been discussed on this forum before.

Davemason
2nd November 2005, 06:27 PM
And this one is for Ben these are not my words they are the word of Golfsmith.com
I'm just telling people what is out there

Jarro
2nd November 2005, 06:41 PM
talk about a bloody Frankenstein :shock:

i agree with FD, 44* for a PW is bloody ridiculous .... it's a bloody outrage ... makes me bloody sick :x

you get the idea.

3oneday
2nd November 2005, 07:56 PM
Haven't we had this thread somewhere ?? the only thing missing is Ben having a crack at the TM boys :lol: :lol: :lol:

Something about 44* wedges, anyone recall ??? :?

peter_rs
2nd November 2005, 08:14 PM
They have "Max" on the top they must not be conforming to the 0.83 COR :wink:

Matt 3 Jab
2nd November 2005, 08:30 PM
the lofts are crap, 3 degrees, even 2 between the longer clubs, thats rubbish, 5 wedges here we come!!!!!
this is just plain stupid and anyone willing to fall for it should pay the price they will have on them :? well done taylormade for driving away a better player, good move! when does the 4 mm offset TP version come out??

AndyP
2nd November 2005, 10:16 PM
http://ozgolf.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3108 :-"

3oneday
2nd November 2005, 11:09 PM
http://ozgolf.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3108 :-"hehe, Dave's on a retainer mate 8)

:lol: :lol:

He's flooding the market, just like TM would wish !!!

:lol:

Fishman Dan
2nd November 2005, 11:14 PM
The market is flooded, now time to flood the forums :roll:

ben
3rd November 2005, 09:57 AM
And this one is for Ben these are not my words they are the word of Golfsmith.com

Dave,

why is it that you only ever post new TM Junk and nothing else? Face it, if you actually used equipment suited to your handicap you'd play a lot better.

And weight ports in iron's is nothing new, its been around for decades.

Fishman Dan
3rd November 2005, 10:02 AM

Dave,

why is it that you only ever post new TM Junk and nothing else?  Face it, if you actually used equipment suited to your handicap you'd play a lot better.

FORSHAME!!!!!!

:lol: :lol:

Ben, for some it's the joy of playing with ridiculous clubs, not for the love of the game..

3oneday
3rd November 2005, 10:08 AM
They have "Max" on the top they must not be conforming to the 0.83 COR :wink:nah, the MAX relates to the maximum they can bleed out of everyday punters. They feel they have now reached that point, thus the MAX.

Everything from now will be known as MAXbloodoutofastonetheycantakenomoreAMILLION....

:roll: :lol: :lol:

markTHEblake
3rd November 2005, 12:34 PM
I got an email i think from Golfsmith the other day, releasing their own brand of clubs with removable weights.

McMw
3rd November 2005, 05:20 PM
came across an interesting sentence in one of the golf mags...

even though new club nowadays are featuring stronger lofts, it doesn't necessarily mean we're hitting the ball further by a full club length - IT MAY look that way the first time out, but eventually, you'll find that you're hitting that new set the same distance as your old set...

UNLESS of coz that old set happens to be 15 years old... :D

with the new "weighting" of the iron heads, OEMs are putting more and more weight towards the sole - to get the ball up quicker and easier for the hackers...so...what's the worst thing an OEM could do???

put more weight on the sole, pop the ball up quicker, and whilst not making the loft stronger - the new club actually becomes SHORTER than the old set...

so...that's why (I think) for the stronger lofts...

Also notice that the stronger lofts are only in the "game-improvement" clubs...titleist blades etc still maintain 48º for their PW...

Davemason
4th November 2005, 06:35 PM

Dave,

why is it that you only ever post new TM Junk and nothing else?  Face it, if you actually used equipment suited to your handicap you'd play a lot better.

yea what ever

Matt 3 Jab
8th November 2005, 11:48 AM
if you could lift the weights off the ground, im with you dave, rubbish clubs, they need to stop the marketing crap!

BrisVegas
8th November 2005, 12:18 PM
gee, they'd look super in senior flex graphite shafts, mounted in a caddy rack on the back of my electric golf cart........

in about 50 years time. :roll:

TM has lost the plot. They need to spin off this game improvement crap into a different brand.

Matt 3 Jab
8th November 2005, 01:24 PM
yea, well said vegas!
a brand like Taylormade Development or something, then branch the normal stuff as Taylormade and then have the TP brand aswell, then we could focus on what we want from the clubs without getting irons as big as drivers with max C.O.R