PDA

View Full Version : Flexibility Question - Streching

andylo
2nd November 2005, 10:45 AM
Every now and then will have problem to keep my shoulder under my chin which cause a flat plane and thin the ball unmercyfully. :p

Any idea which part I should do streching to allow myself tuck the shoulder under?

peter_rs
2nd November 2005, 10:50 AM
lift your chin :wink:

andylo
2nd November 2005, 10:58 AM
lifted! its my shoulder working agains me ;)

AndyP
2nd November 2005, 11:00 AM
You're too old. Give up.

andylo
2nd November 2005, 12:46 PM
You're too old.  Give up.

Maybe its a good idea :)

jaster
2nd November 2005, 01:18 PM
Alo - I seriously doubt that flexibilty is the cause of this, I have seen some very unnatrual looking golfers who swing far worse than you that strike the ball very purely and consistent. Just keep working on it my friend, your day will come :D

Fishman Dan
2nd November 2005, 06:36 PM
lifted! its my shoulder working agains me ;)

I think it could be your brain.

markTHEblake
2nd November 2005, 11:22 PM
Any idea which part I should do streching to allow myself tuck the shoulder under?

No stretching necessary. If you think you need to stretch to turn your shoulder that far your doing it wrong.

Tiger Woods doesnt get that much shoulder turn becuase he is flexible, he gets it becuase he swings properly.

peter_rs
2nd November 2005, 11:28 PM
Your joking blakey tiger does up to 3 hours of gym and strecth a day in the off weeks.

jaster
2nd November 2005, 11:35 PM
Blakey is correct Peter, he is not saying Tiger doesn't work out, he is saying that Tiger swings properly due to technique rather than athletic ability :)

markTHEblake
3rd November 2005, 12:14 AM
Your joking blakey tiger does up to 3 hours of gym and strecth a day in the off weeks.

i can turn my shoulders as far as him, and i dont do any of that crap.

peter_rs
3rd November 2005, 07:20 AM
And I was saying read the interviews with Tiger and he say he has to strech to keep the range of motion in his swing.

A agree to disagree I guess on Tiger

I do agree if you are naturaly flexible you will be able to use a larger sholder turn & a bad swing will limit your turn.

andylo
3rd November 2005, 09:45 AM
swing properly... me?!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jono
3rd November 2005, 03:27 PM
Whilst MTB and Jaster make good points, I don't think it would hurt to do stretches and conditioning exercises. Sitting on a chair and turning your upper body in either direction is a good one. I'm sure there are heaps of stretching exercises available on the net. 8)

jaster
3rd November 2005, 06:10 PM
Jono you are correct that stretching is good for you, it still won't fix swing faults. Give a Gymnast a golf club and they won't have the perfect swing overnight ;)

990B Luva
3rd November 2005, 08:32 PM
Jono you are correct that stretching is good for you, it still won't fix swing faults. Give a Gymnast a golf club and they won't have the perfect swing overnight ;)
i can prove that, although it might mean i have to bring my brother to CTH

jaster
3rd November 2005, 08:42 PM
:lol:

Iain
4th November 2005, 01:58 AM
Spot on Jaster, I think Tiger would do the stretches more as a warm up and warm down in his routine, as he does quite a few weight's.

Also Peter, as Blakey and Jaster said the flexibility won't help a great deal in his backswing, I think it would be more to aid his follow through (as well as keep his muscle's nimble after the weight session's), which is when he wind's himself up like a rubber band!!

Iain