PDA

View Full Version : Moral Dilemma

Monsta
3rd January 2013, 12:56 PM
Guys,

Scenerio,

You have been named in the B Grade scratch pennants team. Handicap must be 13 or higher within a month or so.
You are playing a comp round and having the best round of your life, do you???????

A: Throw off the best game to retain H/Cap for pennants
or
B: Continue playing, then work out afterwards how many sandbags need to be applied to get handicap back to the required level for pennants team

Ashes
3rd January 2013, 12:59 PM
or C, take the great round and handicap drop and deal with missing out on Pennants, as manipulating a handicap is ****ed.

rubin
3rd January 2013, 01:03 PM
or C, take the great round and handicap drop and deal with missing out on Pennants, as manipulating a handicap is ****ed.

well said sir.

sms316
3rd January 2013, 01:21 PM
B. Then you will be available to caddy for Benno in spazzo pennant.

markTHEblake
3rd January 2013, 01:24 PM
Nice try. But any attempt to manipulate handicaps in any situation screws with your mind and you mess up in reverse.

Unless of course you have no conscience.

Dotty
3rd January 2013, 01:46 PM
C.

Playing B grade pennants is like arguing on the internet.

sms316
3rd January 2013, 01:50 PM
C.

Playing B grade pennants is like arguing on the internet.
:lol:

Webster
3rd January 2013, 01:52 PM
You should fudge the handicap and play, only because your opponent will have done the same thing.

The result is meaningless anyway.

Johnny Canuck
3rd January 2013, 02:39 PM
I thought about tanking the final hole last week to get me close to playing off 6. Screwed things royally with an eagle and dropped my cap.

Karma works on tankers!

markTHEblake
3rd January 2013, 02:43 PM
When the monthly(?) revisions and slope comes in it will be impossible to manipulate cos most of us uneducated muppets wouldn't be able to cope with the math involved.

Heck some of us have trouble counting past 4!

LarryLong
3rd January 2013, 03:16 PM
Play your best, win the comp and free up a couple of months worth of Sundays. It would be a blessing in disguise if B grade pennant is anything like I imagine it to be.