PDA

View Full Version : Android Customisation Thread

Lobsta
31st December 2012, 10:22 PM
I don't think there is a thread for this already. Knowing the number of Android users on here and the wealth of knowledge we have too, I figured a few of us would be in to getting the most out of our phones.

So who here customises their phone? What have you got and what mods are you running?

I spent a good few hours today unlocking, rooting and modding my Galaxy Nexus. I'm now running AOKP JB 4.1.2 Milestone 1 with a self made Archer Pirate Virus boot animation. Would totally recommend an AOKP rom for anybody who wants the best customisation options with the ability to maintain as stock a feel as you want and a super fast run speed. Heaps faster than the 4.0.4 stock rom I came from.

So who else gets bored and tinkers with their phones?

Lobby

idgolfguy
31st December 2012, 10:32 PM
4.1 I'd good. Don't seem to need to root the phone.

Veefore
31st December 2012, 10:57 PM
I used to muck around with my Galaxy S but I've been really happy with the S3 so haven't done much. I have rooted it for some extra advantages with AVAST though.

idgolfguy
31st December 2012, 10:59 PM
Life is too short to muck around with technology.

I rather waste the rest of my life trying to hit a little ball into a hole.

BGH
3rd January 2013, 12:14 PM
Running CyanogenMod 10.1 (Android 4.1) nightlies at the moment on my Galaxy S2. Seem to be going ok.

Does my Capsize app still not work for you Lobsta?

Lobsta
3rd January 2013, 12:37 PM
Running CyanogenMod 10.1 (Android 4.1) nightlies at the moment on my Galaxy S2. Seem to be going ok.

Does my Capsize app still not work for you Lobsta?

Yeah, still doesn't work. Same issue still.

BGH
3rd January 2013, 01:34 PM
Yeah, still doesn't work. Same issue still.

Would you be able to install this app (requires root).

Then try and run capsize, load up the app and email the log to me at bgh@exemail.com.au please.

Lobsta
5th January 2013, 01:39 AM
Would you be able to install this app (requires root).

Then try and run capsize, load up the app and email the log to me at bgh@exemail.com.au please.

What app? And of course I have root.

BGH
5th January 2013, 06:16 PM
What app? And of course I have root.

Whoops sorry mate, forgot to put the link.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nolanlawson.logcat&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5ub 2xhbmxhd3Nvbi5sb2djYXQiXQ..