PDA

View Full Version : Watson wedges....

jaster
2nd November 2005, 12:18 AM
This has been discussed here before, these wedges just look super. Did anyone try them?

ADAMS GOLF 2005 LH TOM WATSON GAP, SAND & LOB WEDGE SET

http://www.rockbottomimages.com/images/products/Lefties/10admwatsonmlh.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.com/ADAMS-GOLF-2005-LH-TOM-WATSON-GAP-SAND-LOB-WEDGE-SET_W0QQitemZ7192484256QQcategoryZ115280QQrdZ1QQcm dZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

Jarro
2nd November 2005, 04:48 AM
never tried those Jaster :?

you're not looking at new wedges are you :?:

oz
2nd November 2005, 07:38 AM
They do look great, and I've been very tempted, too. Never had a chance to try them, though. Anyone had a crack with 'em?

3oneday
2nd November 2005, 08:15 AM
This has been discussed here before, these wedges just look super. Did anyone try them?do they make them in right handed ??? :wink:

:lol: :lol:

jaster
2nd November 2005, 09:04 AM
never tried those Jaster :?

you're not looking at new wedges are you :?:

Nah mate, happy with Vokeys...but these get no fanfare and look great!!

Ona
2nd November 2005, 09:38 AM
I have the gap wedge from the model before these. was alright, if you dont mind offset. never found the groove with it on less than full shots and didn't get much spin from it for some reason. did they ditch the offset do you know jaster?

andylo
2nd November 2005, 09:45 AM
Very under rated wedge. Bounce a bit too high but feel good, spin good.

jaster
2nd November 2005, 09:45 AM
Sorry Ona I have no idea about the offset? I have never minded offset though (original 845 user for 10 years ;))...if anyone is after a new set of wedges, they do make right handed also :roll:

jaster
2nd November 2005, 09:47 AM
http://www.adamsgolf.com/we_tw.htm

Tom Watson Wedges

Get the club used by one of golf's greatest wedge players

Tom Watson has joined his short-game expertise with the club design expertise of Adams Golf. From grip, to feel, to grind every aspect of these wedges meets the exacting performance standards of this eight-time major winner and one of golf’s greatest wedge players.

New for 2005...

* Gun-metal finish reduces glare and enhances the soft feel

* Each grind is designed to reduce negative friction at impact and provide extra dynamic bounce

* Variable bounce & camber allows for easier shots with the clubface opened or closed

* Increased blade-length extends the hitting area for greater ease

* The wider sole design is more forgiving than ever

TOM'S TIP
Practice from 100 yards in twice as much as the full swing.

McMw
2nd November 2005, 11:10 AM
wait till they come down to USD79 for the set - then they'll be a bargain not to be missed... :lol:

Grunt
2nd November 2005, 08:17 PM
Have been watching them being the Adams Ho I am, Might have to wait until I have more funds later on, another buy is in process hopefully finalised later tonight/tomorrow morning.

jaster
2nd November 2005, 08:28 PM
and what would that be??? :wink:

Grunt
2nd November 2005, 08:34 PM
Cant say too much yet, leon. Rewarding myself for the wins of the past couple of weeks.

jaster
2nd November 2005, 09:51 PM
:lol: Good work 8)