PDA

View Full Version : International Flights - seats to avoid??

damoocow
30th December 2012, 12:13 PM
Need to book my seats for Bris to London and back from Frankfurt. Never flown long haul before and have no idea which part of the plane I should avoid. Any help appreciated. Slightly claustrophobic...

Dotty
30th December 2012, 12:27 PM
The one beside Leighton Lyle.

mike
30th December 2012, 12:32 PM
Sit in the aisle if you can.

When we flew to London it was a full house. But flying back from London we learned a new trick; the plane was only sparsely populated and when the seatbelts sign was turned off, there was a rush from everybody to grab an empty row of seats. Lift the arm rests up and you can lie down. Much more comfortable.

Is it straight through or are you having a stop on the way?

sms316
30th December 2012, 12:44 PM
The one beside Leighton Lyle. I was going to say "the one next to a mother and toddler" but that wins, hands down.

PerryGroves
30th December 2012, 12:49 PM
Well bowled Dotty

http://www.seatguru.com/

Jarro
30th December 2012, 02:56 PM
Try and sit closer to the front of the plane.

Grunt
30th December 2012, 03:24 PM
Try and sit closer to the front of the plane.

Or right down the back as they dont normally back into Mountains.

dc68
30th December 2012, 05:41 PM
Economy seats are best avoided.

markTHEblake
30th December 2012, 05:42 PM
Avoid the seats overlooking the wings, its just too freaky when they start wobbling about, not too mention the gremlins out there tearing the engines to bits.

mike
30th December 2012, 05:56 PM
Economy seats are best avoided.As opposed to paying nearly triple so you can sit up the front? I don't think so.

Avoid the seats overlooking the wings, its just too freaky when they start wobbling about, not too mention the gremlins out there tearing the engines to bits.Yes, I remember that movie. Fantastic.

"Noooo smoking. N - O - S - M - O - K - I - N - G. Nooo smoking."

damoocow
30th December 2012, 08:38 PM
Sit in the aisle if you can.

When we flew to London it was a full house. But flying back from London we learned a new trick; the plane was only sparsely populated and when the seatbelts sign was turned off, there was a rush from everybody to grab an empty row of seats. Lift the arm rests up and you can lie down. Much more comfortable.

Is it straight through or are you having a stop on the way?

Dubai stopover both ways.
Checked online and all the best spots taken already! Even for the return in late June...

damoocow
30th December 2012, 08:38 PM
Well bowled Dotty

http://www.seatguru.com/

very helpful, thanks...

damoocow
30th December 2012, 08:39 PM
Economy seats are best avoided.

When was the last time you paid for an airfare yourself....[insert rolling eyes here]

sms316
30th December 2012, 08:43 PM
When was the last time you paid for an airfare yourself....[insert rolling eyes here] The lad paid his own coin to go to the WA Champs.

damoocow
30th December 2012, 08:44 PM
The lad paid his own coin to go to the WA Champs.

Economy I bet...

mike
30th December 2012, 08:44 PM
Damo, how long is the stopover in Dubai?

damoocow
30th December 2012, 08:46 PM
Damo, how long is the stopover in Dubai?

1.5 hours on way over 3.5 hours on way back

sms316
30th December 2012, 08:46 PM
Economy I bet... True, but he also got the best seat.

Johnny Canuck
30th December 2012, 09:37 PM

National Champs, mate.

Jarro
30th December 2012, 09:42 PM

He should've been paid an appearance fee.

Johnny Canuck
30th December 2012, 11:19 PM
He should've been paid an appearance fee. It would have lead to controversy because he would have missed the cut.

TourFit
31st December 2012, 01:15 AM
He should've been paid an appearance fee.

The real dc68 didn't show. Some imposter came over claiming to be him.

matty
31st December 2012, 06:19 AM
Just say to the lady at the counter,"can I have a window seat pls, not next to the toilet, a fat person, or kids." Most of the time you should be right if that works out.

Jarro
31st December 2012, 11:01 AM
Try and get a seat near the emergency exits Damo.

More leg room

Grunt
31st December 2012, 11:52 AM
Try and get a seat near the emergency exits Damo.

More leg room

Not sure who you are flying with but airlines are now charging extra for those Seats

damoocow
31st December 2012, 11:58 AM
Not sure who you are flying with but airlines are now charging extra for those Seats

Emirates - all those seats already gone...was surprised they were gone so early as I fly out May and back late June

Grunt
31st December 2012, 12:05 PM
Might be part of the QANTAS/Emirates deal. Emirates seats can now be sold as Qantas and vise versa on Qantas flights.

Daves
31st December 2012, 12:09 PM
Saw a documentary recently where they crashed a plane with crash test dummies on board to answer the question of safest place in a crash. Basically any seats that didn't allow you to get into the brace position properly were big no nos.

Monsta
31st December 2012, 12:48 PM
Saw a documentary recently where they crashed a plane with crash test dummies on board to answer the question of safest place in a crash. Basically any seats that didn't allow you to get into the brace position properly were big no nos.

Safest place to be sitting during a plane crash is in your lounge room isnt it?????

Courty
31st December 2012, 01:17 PM
Safest place to be sitting during a plane crash is in your lounge room isnt it?????

Only if that is not where the plane crash lands.