PDA

View Full Version : Week commencing 31 Oct 05

Ona
1st November 2005, 06:28 PM
Well I finally played again. Last outing was almost four months ago, but it didn't show :wink: 8) Went out to Buninyong, always enjoyed the place, fairly short, little hilly, par72 acr71. What I like is the chance to hit the big red knob (455db, vs339)on more than 3 occasions :D

Anyway, started with a bird :D then par then a three putt bogey so it was like old times :x One over 38 on the front and two over 37 to come home... 3over 75. Very pleased, but even more enjoyable was thrashing my old man by 35 shots... it was soo good I almost cried, but it was soo hot all my moisture was stuck between my ass cheeks :shock: Was a lucky round for me, almost every time I missed the fairway I had a shot either to or very close to the green. 8)

Played more often earlier in the year and hooking the driver was my main problem, no hooks today so that was tops. Considering my incredibly massive almost freakish driving length, I didn't hit enough of my approaches close. But I guess thats ok given the extended brake.

7/14 fairways
11 GIR
2/5 U/D
32 putts (29)

Par 3's -- +2 (4)
Par 4's -- +3 (11)
Par 5's -- -2 (3)

3 Birds, 9 Pars and 6 Bogeys

Flowergirl
1st November 2005, 08:54 PM
Thats amazing Ona..........3 over after a 4 month break. Mmmmmm...I'm thinking I don't like you. Too clever :twisted: :wink:
Well done!

jaster
1st November 2005, 09:09 PM
Well played Ona 8)

Ona
1st November 2005, 09:15 PM
:D

Matt 3 Jab
2nd November 2005, 08:04 AM
For the melboune cup, our course (New Brighton) had a 2-ball ambrose with a shotgun start.
played with a friend of mine off 2 and we had -8 off the stick to end up with 61 1/2 nett off a 2 1/2 handicap, and were beaten by half a shot :cry: but it was a good day.
we both hit it really well with 5 birdies in a row on the front nine!
bombed the driver all day (if anyone knows the course i put it on the fringe of the 9th green :shock: ) and both my mate and myself putted the lights out but still a few shots out there :x
Anyway it was fun so im happy!

Trung
2nd November 2005, 08:23 AM
(if anyone knows the course i put it on the fringe of the 9th green :shock: )

I had a "half LW" to the 9th green when we played together... You should be able to fly it all the way there.. :D

cazandpaul
2nd November 2005, 01:14 PM
37 points this morning - preferred lies so there will be some good scores.

Eag's
2nd November 2005, 05:39 PM
Played a social round at Wantima today back plates.
Quite happy how I played today especially with the shortgame.
Shot 79 :D
Fairways 7
Greens 4 (missed 6 by less than a metre) :oops:
Putts 25 Left hand putting rocks :D :D 8) chipped in on the par 3 5th
U&D 9/13
Birdies 1
Pars 10
Bogeys 4
Doubles 3

Jarro
2nd November 2005, 05:43 PM
nice shootin' Eag's ..... showing some form there mate 8)

Eag's
2nd November 2005, 05:56 PM
Thanks mate :D just went through my stats again, I actualy had 25 putts :shock: & 9/13 U&D 8)

Jarro
2nd November 2005, 05:59 PM
25 putts = :shock:

jaster
2nd November 2005, 06:01 PM
25 putts with the SHARK? Holy crap!!! Well done mate :shock:

AndyP
2nd November 2005, 08:52 PM

If they were puttable, that's 10 effective approaches. ;)

jaster
2nd November 2005, 09:17 PM

If they were puttable, that's 10 effective approaches. ;)

:roll: that is funny

Courty
2nd November 2005, 10:09 PM
Would you believe it, after eagling 13 on Saturday, I had a 2m putt for eagle again on the same hole today! But I lipped it out. :evil:  I had 16 on the first (back) 9, then went +1 off the beater (including a double bogey:oops:) to make 21 pts on the second (front) 9. Total score was 78, but the handicap probably won't move as the ACR is usually 70 for a Wednesday comp.
I used the new R510TP today. I like this club. The head feels solid, and the thing was nearly impossible to hit crooked.  :shock:  However, I'm not fussed on the shaft, and will probably swap it for the Rifle Graphite in the very near future.  :roll:

3oneday
2nd November 2005, 10:20 PM
I used the new R510TP today. I like this club. The head feels solid, and the thing was nearly impossible to hit crooked.  :shock:  that was quick mate, and it top nick too !!! great stuff. Hope you enjoy a lasting relationship 8)

Pete

Flowergirl
3rd November 2005, 09:09 AM
Played comp yesterday but pulled out after 9 holes. It was really too hot for me - which is strange cos the heat doesn't usually bother me too much.
Was playing sorta ok.....nothing great....but just thought - nope I'm not having fun here. I'm going home.
Well that was a waste of a post......told you nothing did it.
Oh....one of my playing partners came in with a net 61......top effort.

Courty
3rd November 2005, 09:13 AM
that was quick mate, and it top nick too !!! great stuff. Hope you enjoy a lasting relationship  8)

I was surprised how quickly it arrived. The auction only finished on Friday morning last week. I checked the online Track & Trace yesterday morning & it said 'attempted delivery', so I nicked down to the post office on the way to the club and there it was! :D

Ona
3rd November 2005, 07:43 PM
played again today, I know, I'm sick. this is more of a glory story than anything. I hit my best shot ever today. Hybrid, into a three club wind slightly right to left, needed to clear some tall gums and fade the shot onto the raised green. didn't really think I'd make the distance, figured that if I got the fade going it'd pop up some. I've always had problems hitting fades and the other day was hitting nice little draws with the hybrid. we'll, obviously, it went off perfectly. cleared the trees, continued to climb and faded nicely through the wind, no ballooning. landed centre of the green and stayed there. :D

Now feeling bullet proof, after making eagle then hitting my best shot ever on the next, I went for the hero tee shot on the 15th par 5 and blew what should have been a tap in birdie with that huge tailwind :x that screwd the momentum but I scrambled home for another satisfying score, 2over :)

TGM TGM TGM TGM TGM TGM TGM

:roll:

McMw
3rd November 2005, 11:21 PM
funny game this is...

yesterday - only had 2 pars, couldn't break 45...

today - went OOBs once, and shot 34 (-1)...

Grunt
4th November 2005, 11:15 AM
Played Mac Grange again this morning, wonderful front nine yet again 41 off the stick for 24 points :D . Then I did the snatch defeat from the jaws of victory back 9, 49 off the stick for 13 points :cry: to end up with 37 for the day. :?

I know 37 is still better than par but I am being hard on myself as I have been hitting the ball well for a few weeks now. For some reason the putting and short game leaves me on the back 9. Instead of chipping the green misses to a few feet and dropping the putt, I am leaving myself a long putt then missing it as well :?

If I get it right I know I can shoot a really low score.

Grunt
6th November 2005, 03:50 PM
Played Mac Grange yesterday and had 39 points for another win :lol: . Had the usual good front nine 23 points followed by the crash in the back nine for 16 points to finish with 39. One day I will keep it all together and slay my handicap properly :?

Pinglauncher
6th November 2005, 04:39 PM
A very mixed weekend for the "Ping's"

Monthly Medal yesterday. Nathan played to handicap and missed a conservative 10 putts he should have made :evil: and should have carved a huge chunk off his hcp.

I fell crook on 16 and could not finish :cry:

Nathan this morning had his final Encourage Shield match for the year and had a great 6 and 4 win :D :D We were standing at the side of the green waiting for the second match to putt out and Nathan got hammered from the group behind and the ball caught him right on the bone of the shoulder blade. Luckily he finished when he did.

Grunt
6th November 2005, 04:44 PM
 We were standing at the side of the green waiting for the second match to putt out and Nathan got hammered from the group behind and the ball caught him right on the bone of the shoulder blade. Luckily he finished when he did.

OUCH :shock:

jaster
6th November 2005, 05:04 PM
Ouch PL :( Hope he is OK?

jaster
6th November 2005, 05:07 PM
Played Royal Pittsworth Golf Club (i.e. Goat Track) yesterday, I had 73 (+1) which I was very happy about but I had 6 birdies so it could have been so much better!!! Still feeling the mid round collapse :(

9 Fairways
11 Greens
28 putts
35 -1, 38 +2

BrisWesty
6th November 2005, 07:38 PM
Medal of medals yesterday. Had an 88 for a nett 74, hit 4 fairways, 5 GIRs and 3 putted 4 of them. Aaargh. Did some OK stuff, mixed in with some poor course management. Had to sink a lot of longer putts either coming back to the hole, or where I left it short.

McMw
6th November 2005, 08:50 PM
Friday - 75 (PGC) - not too bad considering greens still recovering from coring...
Satuday - 77 (PGC) - dropped couple of bombs, so score not too good... :(
Sunday - 82 (RBGCC) - 2nd best score here I think...
Monday - ??? (???)

:wink:

jaster
6th November 2005, 08:56 PM
Nice going you bloody golfaholic Mau :shock: :lol:

So how are the S59s? ......2 week review?

McMw
6th November 2005, 09:01 PM
first time out with the S59s on a different course...
nerves got me early, so wasn't striking the irons as well...
but once I settled in after 4-5 holes I was hitting them well...

distance control is still an issue with this...
on the 1st (my tenth), I had abt 150mts...took a 9 iron as it was with a tail wind, and I ended up back of the green (abt 15 ft past the pin)...
not what I'm used to...so will need to sort it out this week...

not sure where I'm playing tomorrow, but hopefully a different course so I can judge the distance again...

jaster
6th November 2005, 09:07 PM
150m 9 iron....mate...you better lay off the Roids!! :shock: :lol:

Onewood
7th November 2005, 12:27 AM
Played comp yesterday but pulled out after 9 holes. It was really too hot for me - which is strange cos the heat doesn't usually bother me too much.
Was playing sorta ok.....nothing great....but just thought - nope I'm not having fun here. I'm going home.
Well that was a waste of a post......told you nothing did it.
Oh....one of my playing partners came in with a net 61......top effort.

:roll: And you're coming to Queensland to play 36 holes in one hot day :roll: :? GO FIGURE :? :wink:

BrisVegas
7th November 2005, 08:15 AM
Played Royal Pittsworth Golf Club (i.e. Goat Track) yesterday, I had 73 (+1) which I was very happy about but I had 6 birdies so it could have been so much better!!! Still feeling the mid round collapse :(

9 Fairways
11 Greens
28 putts
35 -1, 38 +2

What on earth are you doing playing Pittsworth???? Next you'll be playing Jondaryan and Goondiwindi (nice track!).

Great scoring by the way... :)

We need to start the betting pool for the champs - you're unbackable favourite!! 8)

jimandr
10th November 2005, 03:20 PM
A late post of my game last Saturday, in the monthly medal, AT COFFS HARBOUR. I couldn't convince my new close personal friend Coffs_Hacker to post, so I'll have to do it myself.

I'll create a thread about Coffs Harbour golf somewhere else in the forum with other thoughts.

Playing with Coffs, who must know of my aversion to early starts, so he cleverly booked a 7.35am hitoff.

Played awful, particularly on the front nine, and only some good short game play kept the damage to a gross 85, net 79. No fairytale victory for the Visitor :oops:

Coffs_H recorded a net 76, and tried to claim after the game that he'd beaten me in matchplay 1 up. Had I known we were playing I definitely wouldn't have three=putted two greens in a row, then dumped my approach in the hazard on 17.

We played again on Tuesday, so I will describe my revenge in the next thread.