PDA

View Full Version : Do Drummond charge to do a fitting??

Mixjah
28th December 2012, 01:23 PM
Long story short, santa dropped off a few drummond gift vouchers for xmas and again im struggling with my driver so i think i might go and get fitted & use the vouchers to get a new driver.
So in summary what im asking do they charge to fit you?

Shortylook
28th December 2012, 02:26 PM
I sure hope you don't go to drummond a in mandurah. I went there looking for a driver and after trying 4 or 5 I just didn't like the feel of any of them.
The owner response " it's not the club mate it's you, trust me I'm a PRO, I've seen it all, it won't be the club. He was such a F$&KWIT I went to golfbox.

Mixjah
28th December 2012, 02:43 PM
Oh thats not very good customer service......
No im in Penrith NSW hopefully there alot better

Puji
28th December 2012, 02:44 PM
I'm not sure whether you can call it a fitting; but they do let you demo the clubs in the net. They usually have a launch monitor hooked up so you can see your numbers.

Just be cautious with the numbers as I found they can be quite a way off compared to proper radar technology.

It is useful for adjustable drivers if they have different shafts as you can use the LM to dial in your driver settings and shafts etc.

I also believe that some (if not all) drummonds are authorised PING fitters. So they can measure you up to suggest a color code.

Dangals
28th December 2012, 02:53 PM
Nigel at Drummond penrith is a great guy and will let you try anything they have in the nets there - there is no charge and you can do it as many times as needed. I got the same thing and will be in checking out the new callaway stuff in a few weeks...

markTHEblake
28th December 2012, 03:00 PM
You should be more interested in knowing whether they are capable of doing a fitting rather than whether they charge for it. Ask lots of questions, go to several places that fit and see how they answer. If they sound like they are reading from a brochure, then take what they say and throw it out.

Mixjah
28th December 2012, 03:23 PM
Thanks for the info guys, appreciate it.
Thanks Dangals i might go down now and see if Nigel can help me out, ill post what the outcome is, wish me luck ;-)

liptout
28th December 2012, 04:44 PM
Some of the Drummonds around Sydney have 'pros' working in them these days, if you can find out which stores they are in they should do a descent job. The problem with Drummonds is you have 20markers who know how to turn on a computer and use a measuring tape so they think they can do the job cause somebody once showed them how!!

Penrith used to have a couple of pros working there (have no idea if they still are though) and Casula have one as well. Dee Why have a couple, but I'm not too sure about the others stores........ Good luck with it Mixjah, but just tread carefully!! :)

Shortylook
28th December 2012, 05:13 PM
Oh thats not very good customer service......No im in Penrith NSW hopefully there alot better 👍

Shortylook
28th December 2012, 05:17 PM
Yea our local one had Jarrod Moseley he was really great, but he isn't there anymore 😞

Leon Phelps
30th December 2012, 07:48 AM
Casula's manager is a golf pro, and nice guy also

Jeffo1123
1st January 2013, 04:33 AM
Yea our local one had Jarrod Moseley he was really great, but he isn't there anymore 😞 Ditto... He was good, but the new people just dont seem to care to help you if you mention you are looking and don't seem 110% committed to buying something that day that they have in stock!