PDA

View Full Version : Week Commencing 24th December 2012

BenM
24th December 2012, 05:30 PM
Nice shooting Torana man (at least that's what I assume your nick is in reference to)....

I played with the vets today - was a fun day but my golf was terrible. Came crashing down to earth after my 2 sub 80 scores and shot 88 today for 29 points. Ewww.

Started off the second and went double, double, par, triple to start, and didn't really ever recover. Off the tee I was terrible - didn't hit a single fairway. Putter went off the boil too, though I did have 4 lipouts round the front including a full 360. Left myself a lot of 5-6 footers but unlike the last two rounds, missed a few.

0 fairways
5 greens in reg
32 putts with 1 x 3 putt

Wasn't even going to post it but here is the card (http://golfshot.com/Rounds/Detail/358-14502558-14502928) so everyone can point and laugh.

Benny needs a big drink tonight and tomorrow... hopefully I play better than this down in Hobart!!!

Just one of those days you'd rather forget....

Hatchman
24th December 2012, 06:32 PM
Yeh it's in reference to my 76 SS Hatchback.

It can be a train crash when your hitting it both sides and the scrambling game doesn't work either.

BrettM
25th December 2012, 06:53 AM
3 over at Atherton yesterday, first round with the Ping Eye 2's. Mareeba tomorrow, Sea Temple Thursday.

Courty
26th December 2012, 03:46 PM
I haven't had much to post about in here for a while, but today was a worthwhile effort.

I played a single stableford at Cairns GC with Solarman & Haysey. The front 9 didn't feature anything outstanding, but was completed in a solid 18 pts. The back 9 was a tad more exciting, starting par, par, birdie, eagle for a 13 pt start. The obligatory back-to-back doubles followed :roll:, but I steadied to par the remaining holes to return 22 pts and 40 overall. :mrgreen:

sms316
26th December 2012, 03:47 PM
Nice round Count. I'd post in here as well but I'm not allowed.

Courty
26th December 2012, 03:48 PM
Nice round Count. I'd post in here as well but I'm not allowed.

Ta. If only I'd chosen today for my Fireball round as well. :roll:

sms316
26th December 2012, 03:56 PM
What I will say is that today Albury would have the best putting surfaces that I have putted on in the last 10 years. They were as pure as you could ever ask for.

Marto65
26th December 2012, 03:59 PM
What I will say is that today Albury would have the best putting surfaces that I have putted on in the last 10 years. They were as pure as you could ever ask for.

Better than bussleton?

sms316
26th December 2012, 04:36 PM
Better than bussleton? I'd say so. Not much in it though.

muldude
26th December 2012, 06:39 PM
are you talking Thurgoona sms ? if so i played it today and it was in fantastic nick compared to last ime i was there.

sms316
26th December 2012, 06:45 PM
are you talking Thurgoona sms ? if so i played it today and it was in fantastic nick compared to last ime i was there. Commercial Albury.

oz
27th December 2012, 12:13 PM
are you talking Thurgoona sms ? if so i played it today and it was in fantastic nick compared to last ime i was there.

It is the best I have seen it in 10+ years, muldude.

idgolfguy
27th December 2012, 12:24 PM
Fair bit if wind blowing around. I piked and am using the electric with umbrella. Pencil is carrying. Nuffie on Clic and umbrella.
Pencil - 81 off about 3 - 6, his first card;
Nuffie - 80 off 6;
IDGolfguy - 81 off 14.

Iain
27th December 2012, 10:30 PM
Played a social round with a mate at Gainsborough greens, off the whites. Had a 75. 40/35, first ever 9 under par. Finished the round with an eagle on the last. Played the par 5's in 4 under. Now if only I could do it in a comp round.

mrbluu
27th December 2012, 11:05 PM
Played Stone Cutters Ridge today, I wiped the first and bogeyed the last and had 35 points off 7. Had 9 straight 4's on the card from the 2nd hole. Overall had 2 birdies, 2 wipes (both triples), 3 bogeys and 10 pars. It was the best I've putted in a long time.

Edit: Also like to add that the Bushnell V2 range finder saved me about 4 shots today, one of my best golf buys ever!!!!

BenM
27th December 2012, 11:55 PM
Played Kingston Beach today with kingslayer and another mate - was a fun day on a a nice course. Played a bit all over the shop and shot 84 (off 9) for 33pts. Had 3 penalties and a Hitler so probably a better score than I deserved.

Thanks kingslayer for the hit, will have to return the favour next time the Southerners head up this way...

Courty
28th December 2012, 03:37 PM
Not sure if I should be pleased or concerned for what's coming next after posting my consecutive 40+ point rounds this week. As per post #4 in this thread, I had 40pts at Cairns on Wednesday (ended up winning the comp and a nice bit of bonus credit for the eagle), and then I shot 41 pts at Paradise Palms this morning to force Solarman to blow the moths out of his wallet. 8)

jimandr
28th December 2012, 05:43 PM
I haven't visited this thread for a while. There either appears to be a dangerous trend of only posting good scores, or the regular posters haven't put in any bad ones.

I'll bring this thread back to earth. My last round of the year today, and it was the usual rubbish for 26 points.

I cannot hit greens nowadays, and can't get up and down from 6 feet off the green. 5 threeputts don't help either.

muldude
28th December 2012, 06:39 PM
Come crashing back to earth on thursday, 27 points with 7 wipes, 4 birdies in that also.............sheesh
Had more to do with giving up and picking up when points were possible, oh well went fishing today instead :-)

Monsta
28th December 2012, 07:02 PM
Not sure if I should be pleased or concerned for what's coming next after posting my consecutive 40+ point rounds this week. As per post #4 in this thread, I had 40pts at Cairns on Wednesday (ended up winning the comp and a nice bit of bonus credit for the eagle), and then I shot 41 pts at Paradise Palms this morning to force Solarman to blow the moths out of his wallet. 8)

Another nice round Courty,

Hope you got them all out of your system before the virtual matchplay, hate to draw you if you keep going like this.......

Nuffie
28th December 2012, 08:53 PM
80 yesterday and 79 today, both with Idgolfguy. Today I slowed the backswing right down and started par birdie. Putted average but greens were slow as. The slowed backswing may be the key to help my timing and transition. Hit some pure strikes today but finding the groove consistently is a work in progress.

mike
28th December 2012, 09:14 PM
Not sure if I should be pleased or concerned for what's coming next after posting my consecutive 40+ point rounds this week. As per post #4 in this thread, I had 40pts at Cairns on Wednesday (ended up winning the comp and a nice bit of bonus credit for the eagle), and then I shot 41 pts at Paradise Palms this morning to force Solarman to blow the moths out of his wallet. 8)41 points @ PP? Impressive. How's the course looking?

Eag's
28th December 2012, 09:56 PM
Nice shooting Courty.

Courty
28th December 2012, 10:17 PM
41 points @ PP? Impressive. How's the course looking?

The course was pretty good. The greens were rolling very nice again, just how I like 'em. 8)

They obviously had some decent rain there recently judging by the deposits of grass clippings. The only real letdown was the bunkers (again).

Courty
28th December 2012, 10:18 PM
Another nice round Courty,

Hope you got them all out of your system before the virtual matchplay, hate to draw you if you keep going like this.......

Nice shooting Courty.

Thanks guys. I wouldn't say it's 'out of my system'... these are scores that I am well & truly capable of, but my high(er than it should be) handicap means the points are racking up.

mike
28th December 2012, 10:34 PM
The only real letdown was the bunkers (again).Bunkers are there to penalise a poor shot. What was wrong with them?

Courty
28th December 2012, 10:40 PM
Bunkers are there to penalise a poor shot. What was wrong with them?

Agreed, but there appears to be little to no effort made to do anything to them. Compacted, mud collected in the bottom, washouts etc.

BenM
28th December 2012, 10:49 PM
Reading Harvey Penick's Little Red Book at the moment. He had a theory that bunkers shouldn't be raked to provide more incentive to stay out of them...

Courty
28th December 2012, 10:52 PM
Reading Harvey Penick's Little Red Book at the moment. He had a theory that bunkers shouldn't be raked to provide more incentive to stay out of them...

I don't disagree, but in this day & age a certain standard is expected by the masses. My point is that the bunkers at Paradise Palms are not as well maintained as they once were.

mike
28th December 2012, 10:54 PM
Reading Harvey Penick's Little Red Book at the moment. He had a theory that bunkers shouldn't be raked to provide more incentive to stay out of them...I've said this for years. In fact Harvey Penick stole my idea.

PeteyD
28th December 2012, 10:58 PM
Harvey Penick is also referring to professional golfers, and the option to hit it into a bunker as being a safe out.

BenM
28th December 2012, 11:02 PM
That's completely true PeteyD (good memory you have) but there are a fair number of amateurs who don't mind bunkers too. My chipping is so crap I would honestly prefer to hit out of sand half the time, at least I can have a good swing at it and not worry about decelerating or getting long grass caught round the clubhead etc.

Mububban
28th December 2012, 11:14 PM
Cracked 90 for the first time today! Well, kind of :mrgreen: I got 89 on a par 70 at Gosnells. And that was with an 8, 2 birdie putts left short, and some usual lapses of concentration. Thank god we had carts today (boss' shout!) as it was 38 and had no breeze on the front 9. Hot hot hot.

Hatchman
29th December 2012, 11:49 AM
Doesn't matter if it's par 70 or 73, you broke one of those milestone markers. Well done, you may be surprised at how soon you do it again now the monkeys riding on someone else's back.

Hatchman
29th December 2012, 11:57 AM

I don't disagree, but in this day & age a certain standard is expected by the masses. My point is that the bunkers at Paradise Palms are not as well maintained as they once were.

Bunkers take a lot of work for grounds staff to look after.
I'm with you Courty, unless a club/course can maintain them to some sort of reasonable standard they should just fill them in and concentrate their resources on other parts of the course instead of half doing many things.
You don't need bunkers to make holes harder, grass mounds with a longer cut can be just or more difficult to play from or navigate and don't take half the work to maintain.

Ronny
29th December 2012, 01:33 PM
38 Points (15/23), 83 (39/44) off the stick! Very rough first nine (played back nine first which I dont like doing). Very scratchy back nine and was happy with 15 points. Thought about the swing and changed one thing with the hands and enjoyed the front nine!

Should be a drop on the cap. By my calculations it should drop to 14.0 exact! New anchor and lowest I have ever been!!

CanuckDownUnder
29th December 2012, 01:56 PM
this morning shot 62 net @ Emerald Lakes. bogeyed 15,16,17 and a double on 18. yuk.

last sunday @ Port Macquarie 51 points best ball . Partner and I won the comp.

The swing change is finally working.

mrbluu
29th December 2012, 02:10 PM
Had 82 scratch and 75 Nett off 7 at cabramatta in our monthly medal. Started on the back nine and didn't make my first par til 13. Had 1 double and 10 bogies. Hit the ball so poorly that I putted well but had 35 putts with no 3 putts. Just could not get the ball close all day. Only 6 greens reg, but that is counting one from fringe cos I putted it.

BenM
29th December 2012, 02:16 PM
Had 37 points today (80 off the stick). Hit it reasonably well, and was a bit disappointed after 21 points round the front to throw it away round the back, mainly with the short game - had a 4 putt and a 3 putt and didn't chip well. It's been 3 or 4 rounds since I've had more than 30 putts and I had 33 today.

But still, overall I can't complain, it was a decent day (5 beers since the end of the round might help make it seem better) and it was nice to par the last 4 to finish for a change.

Stats here (http://golfshot.com/Rounds/Detail/363-14541215-14541590).

oz
29th December 2012, 02:31 PM
35 points at Thurgoona today. Dropped 4 shots over the last 3, which was disappointing. Drove it pretty poorly, irons were dismal, and putted like a muppet. Wasted score.

3Puttpete
29th December 2012, 02:50 PM
93/69 for 37 points today.
7/13 fairways.
3 greens.
35 putts. 1 x 3 putt.
I think that's me done for 2012. Joined a club and obtained my first ever handicap (30) in September. It was still there on 27 October and played off 24 today. Dunno if today will change it but I'm happy with the last 2 months. Getting there.

Eag's
29th December 2012, 02:55 PM
38 Points (15/23), 83 (39/44) off the stick! Very rough first nine (played back nine first which I dont like doing). Very scratchy back nine and was happy with 15 points. Thought about the swing and changed one thing with the hands and enjoyed the front nine!

Should be a drop on the cap. By my calculations it should drop to 14.0 exact! New anchor and lowest I have ever been!!

Nice work Ronny.

catch22
29th December 2012, 05:31 PM
Nice work Ronny, Canuck,BenM,3putt!

After last weeks schmozzle (28points, hot day, got hit on the back of the head after stupidly standing too close) it was good to have a better day today.

86/71 41f/45b. Handicap down to 14.1 (14) - new anchor and lowest handicap.

Front 9 I started with 3 pars but then shanked my approach shot into the scrub and triple bogeyed. Finally managed to birdie a par 3 in comp on the 7th (2 ball bounty!)
Back 9 usual fall apart with some terrible work from inside 100m.

Putted ok-ish (3 putts in from off the green), but had 2 x 3 putts and missed a tapin.

7FW, 3GIR, 30 putts.

PeteyD
29th December 2012, 06:03 PM
More rubbish today, 12 points on the front without a wipe ... Started to see improvement on the back, a couple of solid birdies. Light at the end of the tunnel now I think.

muldude
29th December 2012, 07:19 PM
I'm taking up tennis ffs, 10 front 18 the back. I'm officially golfed out, playing tomoz but after that I'm out for a while, played 6 days a week last 3 weeks, hitting it ok but my attitude is just too blazay(spelling?)

Dotty
29th December 2012, 07:26 PM
I'm taking up tennis ffs, 10 front 18 the back.
At least, you didn't think you could play better left handed. :)

I played this morning. Courty's Fireball Cone-Of-Silence forbids me from saying how many points.
(Next match, I'm playing the back nine first, so when I come home with a wet-sail, it will give me a good start in the internet matches.)

live4golf
29th December 2012, 10:03 PM
Solid 2 over for 36 points. Drove well, everything else was good without being spectacular. Had 3 chip-ins in my group, 2 from 1 bloke and 2 on the same hole. Guy in my group took out A grade with 42 points. He beat a young bloke on CB who shot 8-under off +2...OUCH!

LeftyHoges
29th December 2012, 10:53 PM
Joined up with a 6 marker in a 2 man ambrose. Started on the 10th and jumped out of the gates well birdieing the first 4 holes. Then birdied the 15th. Didn't birdie the par 5 16th after only being 218 from the pin (the hole is 510m). Par, par finish for 31.

BOGEYED the first :-(. Birdied 2, eagled 3, birdied 4. Parred 5, birdied 6, 7 & 9 with a par on 8 for 30.

30-31-61, nett 58 3/4. Next best score was a 61 nett, so we walked it in basically.

idgolfguy
29th December 2012, 11:34 PM
32 points too many bogeys and doubles.

Could not get a putt to drop. Did not lose a ball, missed one fairway.

tim_golfer2
30th December 2012, 11:23 AM
76 off the stick for 41 points yesterday @ St Michaels. Best score in a long while. Brings me back down to hcp 8 for a while.
Started on the back nine and was on fire. All fairways & greens except the par 3 12th. 2 birdies. Shaved the hole on a number of other putts. 1 under after nine. 24 points.

Then...

Went 5 over on my second nine including one in the dam and a shank (which I can't remember doing before). Fighting 17 points.

Anyway, good enough for a win on countback and also won the 2 ball aggregate with partner who also had 41 (one of the people I beat on countback in single event).

One member had his first competition ace on the 5th (long time coming considering he plays off 1) but another poor bugger holed out with his reload on the same hole for an easy par. What a waste!

Friend in my group hit to within a foot on par 3 15th playing about 190 metres. Close one.

All up, a nice, eventful game in great conditions to end off the year.

hocko
30th December 2012, 11:47 AM
76 off the stick for 41 points yesterday @ St Michaels. Best score in a long while. Brings me back down to hcp 8 for a while.
Started on the back nine and was on fire. All fairways & greens except the par 3 12th. 2 birdies. Shaved the hole on a number of other putts. 1 under after nine. 24 points.

Then...

Went 5 over on my second nine including one in the dam and a shank (which I can't remember doing before). Fighting 17 points.

Anyway, good enough for a win on countback and also won the 2 ball aggregate with partner who also had 41 (one of the people I beat on countback in single event).

One member had his first competition ace on the 5th (long time coming considering he plays off 1) but another poor bugger holed out with his reload on the same hole for an easy par. What a waste!

Friend in my group hit to within a foot on par 3 15th playing about 190 metres. Close one.

All up, a nice, eventful game in great conditions to end off the year.

45 points won it at Fremantle yesty and it was 41 degrees!

tim_golfer2
30th December 2012, 11:56 AM
Had 37 points today (80 off the stick). Hit it reasonably well, and was a bit disappointed after 21 points round the front to throw it away round the back, mainly with the short game - had a 4 putt and a 3 putt and didn't chip well. It's been 3 or 4 rounds since I've had more than 30 putts and I had 33 today.

Stats here (http://golfshot.com/Rounds/Detail/363-14541215-14541590).

I haven't seen the Golfshot webpage before. Looks like a great app. Does it interface to an on course gps unit where you collect your stats in realtime or do you get on the site when you get home and punch the data in?

tim_golfer2
30th December 2012, 11:57 AM
45 points won it at Fremantle yesty and it was 41 degrees!

Hmm. 45 points.....strong scoring, particularly in heat wave conditions.

hocko
30th December 2012, 12:03 PM
Hmm. 45 points.....strong scoring, particularly in heat wave conditions.

He plays off 17, then plays to 8!
Probably wont even drop a shot

Golfnut
30th December 2012, 12:13 PM
You play yesty Hocko?

Golfnut
30th December 2012, 12:15 PM
He plays off 17, then plays to 8!Probably wont even drop a shot Sounds like my brother...sandbagged a 24 'cap....he likes chocolates.

sms316
30th December 2012, 12:19 PM
Sounds like my brother...sandbagged a 24 'cap....he likes chocolates. You have a brother in FNQ?

BenM
30th December 2012, 12:27 PM
I haven't seen the Golfshot webpage before. Looks like a great app. Does it interface to an on course gps unit where you collect your stats in realtime or do you get on the site when you get home and punch the data in?

I just carry my iPhone on the course and score my rounds/stats hole by hole as I go, then you just save the round at the end and it automatically saves the details to the Golfshot website so you can share it (and post to Facebook etc if you're that way inclined, I don't usually bother). It can interface with the iPhone's GPS to give you yardages and stuff too, but it's not legal to do that in a comp so I have a standalone GPS I use too.

hocko
30th December 2012, 12:39 PM
You play yesty Hocko?

Yes.....badly

oncewasagolfer
30th December 2012, 12:41 PM
Had my 2nd Saturday comp win yesterday in 3 weeks. I still managed a brain snap between 11 and 14 to drop 6 shots but regrouped to play the last 4 in -1.35-40-75-9-66 for 40pts stats (http://golfshot.com/Rounds/Detail/364-14552550-14552926)

catch22
30th December 2012, 05:28 PM
Nice owag!

38pts 19f 19b today in nice conditions.
DQ'd myself for moving ball after address (rolled forward then back into place when I put my club down)

Played well though, 9FW, 5GIR, 31 putts. 1 x 3 putt.

All 5 of the GIR's were very makeable birdie putts and I left every single one short on line. Had some kind of mental block today, couldnt putt it past the hole for some reason.
Missed very short putts on the first 2 holes as well, probably should have spent time practicing putting instead of hitting lots of balls on the range.

Handicap down to 13.6 (new anchor)

idgolfguy
30th December 2012, 05:30 PM
Good to see the HC going down.

mike
30th December 2012, 06:02 PM
DQ'd myself for moving ball after address (rolled forward then back into place when I put my club down)
Is that a penalty? After all, the ball hasn't moved from its original position.

oncewasagolfer
30th December 2012, 06:17 PM
Thanks catch and nice round pity about the ball moving.

catch22
30th December 2012, 06:35 PM
Thanks ID,owag

Mike - I wasnt sure but should have asked during the round. It was on top of lots of brush and it definitely moved back and forth.
Asked a few people in the clubhouse afterwards some said yes some said no so DQ

LeftyHoges
30th December 2012, 07:37 PM
Thanks ID,owag

Mike - I wasnt sure but should have asked during the round. It was on top of lots of brush and it definitely moved back and forth.
Asked a few people in the clubhouse afterwards some said yes some said no so DQ

If the ball oscillates / rolls and returns to its original position it is deemed NOT to have moved.

muldude
30th December 2012, 08:00 PM
Played last comp for a while today, turned 2under for 21 points and leaked oil all the way home for 76/35 points. Going fishing now for a while, stupid golf :-(

Courty
30th December 2012, 09:25 PM
3 rounds this week, all 40 pts or better. 8)

Handicap is going to get punished. :cry:

muldude
30th December 2012, 09:33 PM

yikes, good shooting btw

Hatchman
30th December 2012, 09:47 PM
Nice owag!

All 5 of the GIR's were very makeable birdie putts and I left every single one short on line. Had some kind of mental block today, couldnt putt it past the hole for some reason.
Missed very short putts on the first 2 holes as well, probably should have spent time practicing putting instead of hitting lots of balls on the range.

Good round well done on getting to a new low HCP.
I think the moving ball rule was re-worded a number of years ago. The ball can move and if it returns to it's original position there is no penalty.

BenM
30th December 2012, 09:49 PM

Well done mate - looks like you'll be back into single figures. New years resolution achieved (at least partly) and it's not even the new year yet :D

Some good rounds here this week, well done fellas!

oncewasagolfer
30th December 2012, 10:12 PM
3 rounds this week, all 40 pts or better. 8)Handicap is going to get punished. :cry:That's great going well done.

hocko
31st December 2012, 08:42 AM
Nice owag!

How can you DQ but still drop your handicap?

catch22
31st December 2012, 08:59 AM
How can you DQ but still drop your handicap?
I asked the captain/handicapper to DQ and wipe my score but he refused - he just adjusted the score on the hole and DQd me.

I've seen it happen before with people not signing cards etc, it still counts on golflink. I believe its so that you have less chance of winning next time

catch22
31st December 2012, 09:30 AM
But I am definitely willing to remove that round for the purposes of the "biggest loser" comp (dropped handicap from 14.1 to 13.6)

idgolfguy
31st December 2012, 09:34 AM
Why DQ, it's stableford.

Johnny Canuck
31st December 2012, 10:18 AM
But I am definitely willing to remove that round for the purposes of the "biggest loser" comp (dropped handicap from 14.1 to 13.6)

The round counts on golflink, even though it is a dq. A guy at our club did it this year after shooting in the high 40s.

Doesn't anyone carry a rulebook or have a phone that can look it up? Pretty duke dq'ing yourself over something that isn't a penalty to begin with.

Nuffie
31st December 2012, 04:25 PM
76 today around Vines Ellenbrook. My latest 3 rounds are 8 over, 7 over and today 4 over par gross all non comp rounds as an experiment...Ive learnt from this exercise that my swing simply can't survive without a range session or two weekly. Since being a junior I've always had to rely on the range to trigger muscle memory. I'm not sure if that will ever change now.

hocko
31st December 2012, 04:57 PM
76 today around Vines Ellenbrook. My latest 3 rounds are 8 over, 7 over and today 4 over par gross all non comp rounds as an experiment...Ive learnt from this exercise that my swing simply can't survive without a range session or two weekly. Since being a junior I've always had to rely on the range to trigger muscle memory. I'm not sure if that will ever change now.

You mean memory? No muscle involved Nuff

Eca
31st December 2012, 05:38 PM
73 at Dunheved yesterday off 5. Funny how easily birdie's are missed compared to par putt from the same
Distance. One of the ticks in my life is to reach 5hcp, this new system has got me down to 4. This is gonna play havoc on my head next game.

sms316
31st December 2012, 05:52 PM
I asked the captain/handicapper to DQ and wipe my score but he refused - he just adjusted the score on the hole and DQd me.I've seen it happen before with people not signing cards etc, it still counts on golflink. I believe its so that you have less chance of winning next timeThe handicapper did the right thing.

Outcast
31st December 2012, 08:34 PM
5 rounds in the past week or so; not quite up there with Courty but, generally happy nonetheless: 76, 86, 81, 81, 76... Hcp on the cusp of returning to 6... just need 35 points or better on Wed & I'll finally have it back to 6!

A generally average year of golf but, ending on a high note I'm pleased to say. The change in putter to a Seemore has made a world of difference to my putts count. A bad day is in the range of 32 - 33 putts instead of 37 or more...

BenM
31st December 2012, 08:45 PM
78 today in a practice round (39 points). Smoked driver all day - only missed two fairways with it (and one of those was left but green high on the short par 4 first, got up and down for birdie) and was hitting it looong... for me, anyway. Stats here. (http://golfshot.com/Rounds/Detail/365-14566039-14566416)

The worst part? 4 of the 8 bogeys were horribly soft, taking 4 to get down from prime positions 40-90 metres out. It could've easily been so much better.... to be fair, I tried a couple of different shots today instead of just pulling out the 60 degree wedge every time, and it didn't always come off. I desperately need to improve that side of my game.

Still - 3 out of my last 5 rounds in the 70s, playing myself into a bit of form, and looking forward to monthly medal on Saturday! Have at least 2 more rounds booked before then though :D

hocko
31st December 2012, 09:07 PM
I love it when people don't post their shit games!
30 odd points for me again today.

BenM
31st December 2012, 09:12 PM
Better luck next time Hocko.

PS I post my shit games :) I think I've posted every round I've played in the last 6 months, doubt anyone still reads my posts :p

hocko
31st December 2012, 09:40 PM
Better luck next time Hocko.

PS I post my shit games :) I think I've posted every round I've played in the last 6 months, doubt anyone still reads my posts :p

Not particularly a shot a you Ben but we do only see the good scores from some folk. I am not shirty about it but if you post in this thread then lets see the good and the bad.

PeteyD
31st December 2012, 09:42 PM
35 pts. Let this one get away, only 4 points in the last 4 holes. 20 on the front, 15 on the back. Frustrating but ok. Nothing in Golflink yet, but it will be a played to 15 pushing out a played to 17, so should end the year on 13.0 handicap.

Outcast
31st December 2012, 11:19 PM
I love it when people don't post their shit games!30 odd points for me again today. Hey, I included my 86 for 30pts ;-)Do really wanna hear about hack feasts? I'd be making multiple posts a week if I reported my shite rounds!!

hocko
31st December 2012, 11:34 PM
Hey, I included my 86 for 30pts ;-)Do really wanna hear about hack feasts? I'd be making multiple posts a week if I reported my shite rounds!!

Not everyone posts only good scores.
Besides, we know you suck! :)

Outcast
1st January 2013, 12:25 AM
Not everyone posts only good scores.Besides, we know you suck! :) :-P

LeftyHoges
1st January 2013, 11:19 AM

Some of us just don't have shit games Hocko! ;-) :lol:

Dotty
1st January 2013, 02:53 PM
Shit games puts me over the limit, and I won't turn on the computer, when pissed.

Shortylook
1st January 2013, 03:14 PM
FMD went real backwards. Thought the new year might be a bit nicer to me but low and behold had 61 for 9 holes. I think that equals my worst round ever 😞

Dotty
1st January 2013, 03:21 PM
FMD went real backwards. Thought the new year might be a bit nicer to me but low and behold had 61 for 9 holes. I think that equals my worst round ever 
That nearly equals my best round ever for 18 holes - 64

(Marrickville par 60 - Good Friday 2012, and that included 2 three putts.)

Shortylook
1st January 2013, 03:30 PM
That nearly equals my best round ever for 18 holes - 64(Marrickville par 60 - Good Friday 2012, and that included 2 three putts.)I would kill for a 18 hole score like that

Dotty
1st January 2013, 03:35 PM
I would kill for a 18 hole score like that
I was waiting for the lightning bolt on the 18th green.

A very short course, with slow greens, so any missed greens could chip right at the hole and not run very far past.