PDA

View Full Version : Melbourne Cup 2005

Courty
1st November 2005, 11:34 AM
Just thought I'd see what everyone else is betting on.

I've got money on:

Eye Popper
Dizelle
Xcellent

BrisVegas
1st November 2005, 11:41 AM
I've just gone for a 50cent box trifecta on these 4

1 - Makybe Diva
6 - Eye Popper
7 - Railings
22 - Leica falcon

$12 per year on my gambling habit....  :lol:

EDIT... lucky i put $5 each way on Makybe Diva for MrsVegas as well, so we came out just slightly ahead! :lol:

Jarro
1st November 2005, 03:40 PM
was there some sort of race on today :roll:

Courty
1st November 2005, 03:42 PM
lucky i put $5 each way on Makybe Diva for MrsVegas as well, so we came out just slightly ahead!  :lol:

I got some back for Xcellent coming in 3rd, but it wasn't enough to make up for the rest I spent. :roll:

BrisWesty
1st November 2005, 07:43 PM
One of the women at work has scored Makybe Diva the last three years in the sweeps. A nice little $500 earner each time. She can have her again next year.

I scored two also rans in the sweeps. Strasbourg and Demerger.

Flowergirl
1st November 2005, 08:52 PM
I backed 1st, 2nd & 3rd.............as well as 8th, 10th and I think the other one is still out there :shock: Came out about even.
What a fantastic racehorse...........a fairytale ending........we haven't had one of those for some time.
Melbourne finally turned on the weather for the cup too. Gotta love Cup Day :D

Bruce
1st November 2005, 09:25 PM
Alas I did not take full advantage of the fabulous conditions on offer today.

Shirtloads of gardening and other maintenance to be done. Documents to be written and preparation for a job interview on Thursday.

I have half a mind to drive down to Kensington now and try to pick up a drunk, sun-burned and tired girl carrying her shoes. There's millions of 'em down there tonight.

Ducky
10th November 2005, 12:09 PM
I put $10/$10 on 'Eye Popper' and $5/$10 on 'On A Jeune'. I was really happy with 'On A Jeune' running second, as it was paying $16 for a place at the time I backed it.

:)