PDA

View Full Version : Xmas spirit

Shortylook
24th December 2012, 12:31 AM
I know this has nothing to do with golf, but I felt that sad after seeing the add on tv/fox about the salvo's, I made a $100 dollar gift to them from my kids for the xmas appeal.yes I know it will be spent on other stuff apart from xmas,but it makes me feel like I can make a small difference, come on OZGOLERS let's give a little. PLEASE!!!!
We shall see
PS I have the proof for the donation, if anyone needs it 😄

Ashes
24th December 2012, 12:39 AM
Nice work Shorty.

sol381
24th December 2012, 02:27 PM
Instead of wifey and I giving gifts to each other we made donations of a few hundred bucks to care Australia. Donated a few chickens, some goats some money for a woman to start a business in third world countries. . Not much to us but probably makes a big difference to them.

Yossarian
24th December 2012, 02:37 PM
PS I have the proof for the donation, if anyone needs it 

Are you planning on selling it in the pro shop?

sms316
24th December 2012, 02:38 PM
I've emptied my wallet for the Smith family again this year.

Marto65
24th December 2012, 03:03 PM
I've emptied my wallet for the Smith family again this year.

Charitable bugger.

Shortylook
24th December 2012, 03:37 PM
Are you planning on selling it in the pro shop? Um I'm not sure what you mean, I assume your havin a dig at me 😕

timah!
24th December 2012, 04:01 PM
Um I'm not sure what you mean, I assume your havin a dig at me 😕

In time you'll come to learn that Yoss dribbles shit on a regular basis...

Lagerlover
24th December 2012, 04:11 PM
Just come out from city fertility clinic, seems my donation no good to them.....

kinda thought the holy embossed napkin was a nice touch!

Yossarian
24th December 2012, 04:19 PM
Um I'm not sure what you mean, I assume your havin a dig at me 

No mate, more a reference to a late and great pro shop thread and a request for receipts.

In time you'll come to learn that Yoss dribbles shit on a regular basis...

Is it hard being you and dealing with everyone else's mediocrity on a daily basis?

Jarro
24th December 2012, 04:46 PM
No mate, more a reference to a late and great pro shop thread and a request for receipts.

A thread that was probably best left alone too 'eh ?

Shortylook
24th December 2012, 04:47 PM
Lol, I love a good roasting anyway 👍

timah!
24th December 2012, 04:54 PM
Is it hard being you and dealing with everyone else's mediocrity on a daily basis?

Not at all. An increase on your behalf to actually reach mediocrity would make for a nice change however.

A thread that was probably best left alone too 'eh ?

This.

Dotty
24th December 2012, 04:55 PM
Xmas is a time to spend money on yourself.

The other 364 days were for helping others.

Yossarian
24th December 2012, 05:05 PM
Not at all. An increase on your behalf to actually reach mediocrity would make for a nice change however.

:lol:

This.

Great post would read again.

TourFit
24th December 2012, 06:12 PM
Just come out from city fertility clinic, seems my donation no good to them.....

kinda thought the holy embossed napkin was a nice touch!

Was it because the donation was still contained in the napkin?

Lagerlover
24th December 2012, 09:06 PM
Was it because the donation was still contained in the napkin?

and your point being??

tim_golfer2
25th December 2012, 10:47 AM
My children bought me a goat in India I think, a mosquito net somewhere else for my parents and something else like this for my wife.
Good kids (13 & 15).

Their kind hearts must come from the other side of the gene pool!

Shortylook
25th December 2012, 11:13 AM
Ok I have seen my mistake.
Can I rephrase the topic
What have you donated this year for others in need.
This is what I should have put, what I wrote made me sound like a Christian crusader. Sorry guys, I was just caught up in the Xmas giving spirit thing
😁

Daves
25th December 2012, 11:19 AM
I give to the Salvos every month. Unfortunately need knows no seasons.

Dotty
25th December 2012, 11:56 AM
Shorty, I take home the money boxes from out the front of Coles, dump the contents onto my lounge room floor and give them back an empty one. :)

Primarily, volunteer work for Guide Dogs, including repairs of broken model dog collection boxes. (Most are already empty, as a security company has already taken the cash, and left a report with the association, of the broken and dirty dogs.)
A few more days spent helping friends with their fundraising projects for other charities, such as the homeless, motor-neurone, Oxfam, Legacy, ASX, etc.

There may be some cash donated as well.

Shortylook
25th December 2012, 12:53 PM
OMG your a saint well done and merry Xmas to you

Dotty
26th December 2012, 01:11 PM
OMG your a saint well done and merry Xmas to you
Not quite a saint.
No wife and kids, so I need something other than work and golf to occupy my time. Actually, a lot of the volunteer work is 'dad stuff', such as manning BBQs, driving for sport-based events, running a betting-board, handyman stuff, answering endless questions, etc.

Having a boat and travelling would bore me. I do liken volunteer work to the good bits of travel (new experiences, different people) without the crappy bits (schedules, planes/airports, hotel beds, food and language, expenses). I can also pick and chose what I do for the associations, and leave the uncomfortable bits for their staff.

PeteyD
26th December 2012, 01:47 PM
You are too modest dotster.

Webster
26th December 2012, 01:55 PM
Dotty, wouldn't alcohol, prostitutes and gambling fill the void in your life equally well?

Dotty
26th December 2012, 02:45 PM
Dotty, wouldn't alcohol, prostitutes and gambling fill the void in your life equally well?
Those would involve opening my wallet. ;)

Done the binge alcohol thing, but RBT and now permanently oncall has essentially killed that off. And I don't like hangovers anymore.