PDA

View Full Version : H/C question.

Pencil
21st December 2012, 10:13 PM
So I've got a golflink number now, it turned up in the mail today. I ended up joining the Miners Golf Club which is basically the PGN. I'm only here 1 week out of 5 so it made sense. What I want to know is can I use social rounds to get my first 3 cards in or do they have to be comp rounds?

Monsta
21st December 2012, 10:15 PM
I think it has to be a comp round with a member scoring your card

Pencil
21st December 2012, 10:20 PM
Thought so. I'll have to wait until next year then to get a card in.

AndyP
21st December 2012, 10:22 PM
You used to be able to play a social round as long as you got another AGU member to sign it. You should check a site like Golf Australia to find out.

Ashes
22nd December 2012, 12:18 AM
PGN/Miners will let you hand in cards from social rounds for handicapping purposes (did it for my dad). I think they need to be signed by someone with a Golflink number but I'm not sure. Give one of the organizers a call or send them an email.

Golfnut
22nd December 2012, 04:06 AM
You used to be able to play a social round as long as you got another AGU member to sign it. You should check a site like Golf Australia to find out. This is still the case.....just signed off on my brothers 2nd & 3rd cards in social rounds over at Royal Freo and he now has his handicap. It does not need to be in a comp round.