PDA

View Full Version : Improvement Lefty Pro Shop

Ozzie88
20th December 2012, 02:48 PM
Golfwrx do it pretty well....

It's an absolute punish trawling through pages and pages of threads looking for "left handed" in the title and by the time you find them they are usually outdated.

Lefties would be on there more if they could subscribe to the Forum and buy/sell/trade with ease...

Just my 2 cents worth!

Sydney Hacker
20th December 2012, 02:52 PM
It's not bad enough that we let you vote, but now you want your own pro shop!

Ozzie88
20th December 2012, 02:55 PM
Put your game where your mouth is :twisted:

Next will be a Righties vs Lefties tournament!

Ozzie88
20th December 2012, 02:56 PM
Put your game where your mouth is :twisted:

Next will be a Righties vs Lefties tournament!

We can play for the rights to the Pro Shop?

AndyP
20th December 2012, 03:13 PM
Doesn't the search function help at all?

Ozzie88
20th December 2012, 03:40 PM
It does to a degree, but the way Golfwrx has it set up is ideal (seperate forum)... I much prefer how you guys have categorised threads ("for sale" and "wanted").

You could just create a Sub-forum in the Pro Shop and that way lefties can get all their business done a lot quicker and out of the way for the righties.

LarryLong
20th December 2012, 03:51 PM
OzLeftyGolf.net?

Problem solved!

AndyP
20th December 2012, 03:54 PM
I did a search (http://www.ozgolf.net/search.php?searchid=4172687) and there has been only 22 Wanted or For Sale threads with "left" in the title, this calendar year. A quick look shows that golfwrx has over 20 in the last fortnight. It might be a lonely forum. What say the other lefties?

Ozzie88
20th December 2012, 04:03 PM
I did a search (http://www.ozgolf.net/search.php?searchid=4172687) and there has been only 22 Wanted or For Sale threads with "left" in the title, this calendar year. A quick look shows that golfwrx has over 20 in the last fortnight. It might be a lonely forum. What say the other lefties?

I think a big reason for that is that every time a new thread gets posted the "lefty" threads fall further behind from the first page. Also when you're doing your search you have to do one for "left-handed", "lefty", "LH" it just becomes too hard to search them all. I rarely look past the first page each day on OzGolf just in hope that there is something LH on offer. If you have a lefty forum lefties will know where to look straight away and that will encourage more of us to put our stuff up on the site....

I have plenty of stuff I'd like to get rid of but if I create a thread it will be off the first page within 3-4 days which isn't long enough for lefties to have a good look at it...

Courty
20th December 2012, 06:01 PM
What happens if someone wants to list both left AND right-handed clubs for sale?

Ambidextrous sub-sub-forum?

:p

Daves
20th December 2012, 06:08 PM
What happens if someone wants to list both left AND right-handed clubs for sale?

Ambidextrous sub-sub-forum?

:p

I have both in my collection, and used to play right handed many yonks ago. Would be lucky to even hit the ball right handed these days.

Lobsta
20th December 2012, 06:10 PM
I think its a good idea. Help me offload those left handed golf balls I accidentally bought.

Dotty
20th December 2012, 07:20 PM
Is there anything to sell?

I can think of 4 lefties on the forum ...
One donates unwanted clubs to lake pelican.
Another QA tests wedge shafts (with extreme prejudice).
The third must have a garage, as seen on 'My Hoarding Obsession'.
The fourth hasn't picked up a club in three years.

sms316
20th December 2012, 07:22 PM
That sums it up.

popper81
20th December 2012, 07:24 PM
Dotty has nailed it.... Although, some of you should think about playing left handed ;)

marcel
20th December 2012, 07:37 PM
I think its a good idea. Help me offload those left handed golf balls I accidentally bought.

Don't forget left handed shoes, shafts, grips, tees, buggies, bags, pitch repairers, clothing etc

Ozzie88
20th December 2012, 07:42 PM
Is there anything to sell?

I can think of 4 lefties on the forum ...
One donates unwanted clubs to lake pelican.
Another QA tests wedge shafts (with extreme prejudice).
The third must have a garage, as seen on 'My Hoarding Obsession'.
The fourth hasn't picked up a club in three years.

I don't know why you'd care if there's a left forum or not. I'm left handed Dotty and I've got absolutely no idea who you are so add me to the 4 you know...

I've been on here less than 3 weeks and ive spoken to at least 6.

popper81
20th December 2012, 08:05 PM
Golfwrx do it pretty well....Lefties would be on there more if they could subscribe to the Forum and buy/sell/trade with ease...Just my 2 cents worth! Do you think the new 'lefties' would like to contribute to the forum, or just find some good price gear, locally?

LeftyHoges
20th December 2012, 08:18 PM
I don't bother selling my gear here because I'm a left hander who plays x flex shafts. I would sell 1 out of 20 items.

rubin
20th December 2012, 08:19 PM
I don't bother selling my gear here because I'm a left hander who plays x flex shafts. I would sell 1 out of 20 items.

I'll take the limey off u.

Can u convert it to a right hand shaft though please ;)

rubin
20th December 2012, 08:21 PM
I don't know why you'd care if there's a left forum or not. I'm left handed Dotty and I've got absolutely no idea who you are so add me to the 4 you know...

Maybe - just maybe - before u bag out the blokes who have been here a while, u get to know then first?

Might help ur argument

sms316
20th December 2012, 08:21 PM
I don't bother selling my gear here because I'm a left hander who plays x flex shafts. I would sell 1 out of 20 items. Only x flex? Pussy.

Rooster
20th December 2012, 08:25 PM
I would rather eat dry snot than talk to a lefty.

Shortylook
20th December 2012, 08:27 PM
I love the lefty thing so lets run with it

Vice MC
20th December 2012, 08:31 PM
Bugger the leftys,, everytime i play with one i play like crap...and watching your swings makes me feel uncomfortable ;)

Ozzie88
20th December 2012, 08:51 PM
Maybe - just maybe - before u bag out the blokes who have been here a while, u get to know then first?

Might help ur argument

Mate i'm not bagging anyone, relax... dont dish it out if you can't cop it. Its about 10 vs one at the moment anyway so I think your mates aren't too offended..

Don't forget its a suggestion forum, not a "have your opinion forum".... I'm writing to the owners of this site. If your mates want to throw their 2 cents in that's sweet, I love the banter.

Ozzie88
20th December 2012, 08:53 PM

I'll take some stuff off you... Throw a post up.

Ozzie88
20th December 2012, 08:59 PM
Do you think the new 'lefties' would like to contribute to the forum, or just find some good price gear, locally?

Probably just find somegood gear locally... But at least they'll have somewhere to do it properly. Very hard to put anything up on the main Pro Shop forum atm.

Dotty
20th December 2012, 09:18 PM

All cool.

I tend to treat the forum and the members like the clubhouse at any course. As I hinted at, I haven't seen much left-handed gear advertised by long-term contributors.

The left-handed pro-shop could have merit and precedent. Similar to splitting Matchplay threads, away from the regular First Tee threads.

Ozzie88
20th December 2012, 09:34 PM
All cool.

I tend to treat the forum and the members like the clubhouse at any course. As I hinted at, I haven't seen much left-handed gear advertised by long-term contributors.

The left-handed pro-shop could have merit and precedent. Similar to splitting Matchplay threads, away from the regular First Tee threads.

From the sounds of things there aren't many of us on here, so it might die in the arse.... Then you can come and kick my door down Dotty 8-)

LeftyHoges
20th December 2012, 09:36 PM
I'm sure it's not that hard to do. I say set it up, and if it gets 10 posts in a month like I suspect it will then take it down.

I could be pleasantly surprised though, in which case it probably means its a needed thing.

markTHEblake
20th December 2012, 09:43 PM
If we cater for this tiny demographic does that mean we got to provide wheelchair access too?

Lobsta
21st December 2012, 06:46 AM
If we cater for this tiny demographic does that mean we got to provide wheelchair access too?

And the red heads?

markTHEblake
21st December 2012, 07:07 AM
Redheads should always be revered.

Monsta
21st December 2012, 07:08 AM
The hosel rockets come from a completely different direction, its just not safe with a lefty...........

Courty
21st December 2012, 07:08 AM
I suspect a Lefty-only pro shop would end up with more WAnker-like nonsense than a WAnker 1st Tee thread, mostly perpetrated by Righties. ;)

Johnny Canuck
21st December 2012, 08:50 AM
I suspect a Lefty-only pro shop would end up with more WAnker-like nonsense than a WAnker 1st Tee thread, mostly perpetrated by Righties. ;)

A perfect spot for it. Only 3 people would care.

Ashes
21st December 2012, 08:56 AM
Can we get a specific Cobra pro shop? It's always hard to find the Cobra stuff in amongst all the other brand names.

Webster
21st December 2012, 08:58 AM
Please just let the lefty freaks have there own place to trade. Just like New Zealand and Tasmania. Peace.

Tongueboy
21st December 2012, 09:38 AM
best leftie I ever seen was me in a mirror!

mutants

sms316
21st December 2012, 09:59 AM
Jealous pricks. Anyone can play right handed.

Eldrick
21st December 2012, 10:27 AM
can we have a sub forum for hack sticks and shovels.
im sicking of seeing clubs i cant hit or afford for sale

Courty
21st December 2012, 04:54 PM
http://www.ozgolf.net/forumdisplay.php/66-LH-Pro-Shop

8)

sms316
21st December 2012, 05:01 PM
Good stuff Count. I'm sure it will take off.

Courty
21st December 2012, 05:02 PM
Good stuff Count. I'm sure it will take off.

...like a LeftyHoges wedge after a flub. ;)

AndyP
21st December 2012, 05:03 PM
Worst. Forum. Ever.

sms316
21st December 2012, 05:05 PM
Worst. Forum. Ever. Racist.

LeftyHoges
21st December 2012, 05:15 PM
...like a LeftyHoges wedge after a flub. ;)

If that's the case it's got more distance than any other thread here!

BenM
23rd December 2012, 01:36 PM
Maybe mods could move some of the existing LH threads in there to make it look a bit more popular? Just a thought :)

mike
23rd December 2012, 11:19 PM
How about a proshop sub-forum for short clubs?

Dazza
24th December 2012, 02:01 PM
What about a sub forum for those who originally paid retail for their clubs?

Lobsta
28th December 2012, 03:06 PM
What about a sub forum for those who originally paid retail for their clubs?

http://www.ozgolf.net/showthread.php?t=32150

AndyP
3rd June 2013, 12:16 PM
How's it going, lefties? Success?

sms316
3rd June 2013, 12:17 PM
How's it going, lefties? Success? Pretty meaningless tbh.