PDA

View Full Version : The most "feared" sports people in the world.

Bruce
31st October 2005, 08:45 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story/5013876

I'll save my commentary for after you have had a chance to read it.

Webster
31st October 2005, 11:55 AM
Kobyashi is a legend and worthy of his place on that list but Inzman-ul-Haq? No way.

Bruce
31st October 2005, 12:14 PM
Inzi was the reason I reserved comment.

He *may* have topped the test ranking with the bat for a short while a few years ago but no way was he "feared". Lara, Gilly, Freddy - they're the bats that have been keeping bowlers awake at night for the last few years. Inzi? Get real.

I reckon Federer is good for the list though. If he is playing in the second week of a Grand Slam you can start engraving his name on the trophy. Roddick and Ley-Ley have such lousy records against Roger because they are playing him at the business end of the tournament when Roger is always *on*.

BrisWesty
1st November 2005, 07:54 PM
Roger Federer
Tiger Woods
Adam Gilchrist
were the 3 that sprang to mind for me. Most of the others are a little obscure to me (don't follow NFL or NBA).

goughy
2nd November 2005, 06:18 PM
Personally I think federer tops the list. I couldn't be too afraid of a batsman who can't run.

I don't think there is a tennis player in the world who wouldn't go 'bugger' if placed in the same side of the draw. Look at mister over the top confidence Hewitt. Especially at wimbledon he was frustrated at being seeded at 3 instead of 2, meaning a match against federer in the semi's. It speaks volumes to me.

I'd have loved to have seen a game between sampras at his peak and federer. Now that would be some tennis I could watch.

Grunt
2nd November 2005, 06:45 PM
Federer is a champion, did any of you see the interview on 60 Minutes a few months ago? He should be an aussie, the guy interviewing him even asked him to become one during the interview

raidrboy
2nd November 2005, 08:53 PM
I don't think there would be to many bowlers who have ever had nightmares about bowling to Inzi. I know we are talking current players but I bet Viv Richards kept a few bowlers awake at night. Federer has certainly got a tough reputation and deservedly so.

Iain
3rd November 2005, 01:07 AM
I don't think Tiger would be on the list anymore, 3-5 years ago, yep no problem, but his slump showed he was human and beatable and took away that mystique he had about him.

Agree with Federer, Valentino Rossi should be there as well, Lance Armstrong, even Mick Doohan.

Iain

Jarro
3rd November 2005, 05:32 AM
who here would step into the ring with Tyson :roll: that guy is just plain crazy/scary :shock:

BrisWesty
4th November 2005, 06:13 AM
Inzi? If I was a hamburger perhaps!

Choppa
7th November 2005, 11:48 AM
The fact that they have hotdog eating and video game playing as sports shows how stoopid this story really is.....

Ducky
10th November 2005, 12:16 PM
who here would step into the ring with Tyson...
He was a good pick for the #1 feared sports person.

I can't believe they included "Fatal1ty" at #2 and a competitive eater at #6. What a joke!

Edit: Choppa beat me and summed it up.

Moe Norman
10th November 2005, 07:43 PM
have a closer look at Inzi's career record before you pass judgement guys.

Bruce
11th November 2005, 09:04 AM
have a closer look at Inzi's career record before you pass judgement guys.

I don't think any of are rating him as 'bad'. He has been a consistent fixture of the top 10 bats for a lot of years now. He just isn't 'feared' in the same way someone like Gilly or Lara would be.

Jarro
11th November 2005, 03:17 PM
Inzi's a cat ........ MEOWWWWWWWWW :P