PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Ozgolf Matchplay - nominations.

markTHEblake
30th October 2005, 11:23 PM
As the Matchplay has been a roaring success thus far, the 2006 Ozgolf Matchplay draw will be ready to go in about 4 weeks time, this also means this year we will have a lot more time to organise the matches.

The draw will be seeded according to the final Player of the Year rankings.
The field will most likely be limited to 32, 16 and 2 for Qld, NSW and Vic respectively.

Nominations Procedure:

Everyone on the Player of the Year rankings for 2005 will be automatically entered.  Do nothing.

If you are not listed on the Player of the Year Rankings after the Ozgolf Champs you will need to nominate for a "Wildcard" entry.   Please click the Green Button above.

If your on the POTY rankings and dont want to play, hit the red button,   and be prepared to be called a sheila, a woosie, or worse !.

Ironic that one of the handfull of remaining players didnt want to play in the first place, look how excited he is now!

Fishman Dan
30th October 2005, 11:38 PM
"roaring" and "success" weren't exactly 2 words i would have used.

What happened to "everyone can play"?

jaster
30th October 2005, 11:49 PM
I've got no idea where I am but I am keen ;)

Grunt
31st October 2005, 05:46 AM
I am keen, I think I will go further than this year next time.

BrisVegas
31st October 2005, 07:29 AM
Ironic that one of the handfull of remaining players didnt want to play in the first place, look how excited he is now!

I assume you're talking about me. :roll: No, I wasn't keen given the steady decline in my game lately. Plus I didn't think I'd be able to get enough leave passes to play the matches. Thankfully my wife was kind and I managed to get my 4 matches played (over 6 months) along with the regular ozgolf games.

I'll play next year. I had some enjoyable games with some top blokes. :)

Matt 3 Jab
31st October 2005, 07:48 AM
I want to play!

AndyP
31st October 2005, 08:38 AM
Everyone on the Player of the Year rankings for 2005 will be automatically entered.  Do nothing.

If you are not listed on the Player of the Year Rankings after the Ozgolf Champs you will need to nominate for a "Wildcard" entry.   Please click the Green Button above.
How many more people do you think will click on the button that don't need to?

Grunt
31st October 2005, 08:40 AM
Andy

I clicked because I may not be ranked high enough after the champs to be eligible.

AndyP
31st October 2005, 09:04 AM
I clicked because I may not be ranked high enough after the champs to be eligible.

Everyone on the Player of the Year rankings for 2005 will be automatically entered. Do nothing.
:razz:
To clarify for Blakey, if you have played at an OZgolf day, then you should be in the POTY rankings. I think I may have played in a couple. :roll:

Thanks for biting. ;)

Grunt
31st October 2005, 09:18 AM
ok I misread the initial post

Bruce
31st October 2005, 09:32 AM
I think there's a chance of more than 2 for Vic in 2006.

We have had an influx of new members from on or south of the murray so the pool should be a bit bigger.

And with that I throw down the gauntlet to our other Victorian golfers to make more of an effort in 2006. We need to do more than host visitors when they come down.

markTHEblake
31st October 2005, 10:18 AM
How many more people do you think will click on the button that don't need to?

I'd say about 2 all up.  8)

Andy

The wildcards will be seeded after the players on the POTY rankings.

In any case  I doubt anyone will miss out.   I think both events were short one and a couple of reluctant starters to make up the numbers, and then the forfeits.

"roaring" and "success" weren't exactly 2 words i would have used.

Cheer Up  :D  there has been a great deal of interest in several of the matches and lots of previews and reviews, probably more so collectively than any other Ozgolf event.

What happened to "everyone can play"?

Dunno what you mean  :? .   Nobody missed out this year?

markTHEblake
31st October 2005, 12:35 PM
Based on the current POTY,  here would be the seeding for the Matchplay.

Obviously some people probably cant make it this time becuase they emigrated, but it does look like we might have to have some sort of Pre qualifying or Pre-lim round.  eg, In NSW Top 12 go straight through to 2nd round,  bottom 8 play for the other 4 spots,  and so on.
This wont be too hard.

IF you see your name on this list DONT click the green button!

Vic.

Flowergirl
Bruce
FlowerMan

Nsw

Jono
Trung
JimandR
Amanda
Spiersy
FishmanDan
VirgilTracy
BradW
Grunt
TS
30neday
Burger
Zipptopp
DannyS
aussielongdriver
-----
Reserves

Customclubmaker
CoffsHacker
PingLauncher
ALD
Fishhead

Qld

Brisvegas
AndyP
Eags
Jarro
AndyLo
Onewood
Iain
TerryAnd
golfer69
gazgolf
Choppa
Damoocow
990Bluva
Nudgee
Macleod
theBlake
Shavey
Peter_RS_644
Kee
DavidP
Cazandpaul(P)
CobraSSS
Stoney
DaveMason
senecio
Shazza_Rs_644
Griz
ScottG (Keri)
Keza_G
Brooky17
TwoWood
reg320
-------
Reserves

Oscar
Numbnuts
Roc
Cazandpaul(C)
goughy
Jaster
Drunken
Threewood
Sominc
Wavemaker

Jono
31st October 2005, 01:11 PM
Nsw

Jono
Trung
JimandR
Amanda
Spiersy
FishmanDan
VirgilTracy
BradW
Grunt
TS
30neday
Burger
Zipptopp
DannyS
aussielongdriver
-----
Reserves

Customclubmaker
CoffsHacker
PingLauncher
ALD
Fishhead

Hey Trungie! Look who's ahead of you in the POTY ... :twisted:

Is ALD the alter-ego of Aussielongdriver? One plays with 50 inch drivers and the other with normal 45 inch? :lol:

Virgal_Tracy
31st October 2005, 01:59 PM
Objection on the seeding. Surely this years results have to come into it .

How can someone who was beaten as badly as Jono was in the 1st round justify No.1 seeding? [-X :lol: :smt098

Flowergirl
31st October 2005, 02:02 PM

Obviously some people probably cant make it this time becuase they emigrated, but it does look like we might have to have some sort of Pre qualifying or Pre-lim round.  eg, In NSW Top 12 go straight through to 2nd round,  bottom 8 play for the other 4 spots,  and so on.
This wont be too hard.

Vic.

Flowergirl
Bruce
JM96

Gotta give John his own identity.....don't think he'd like to be known as Flowerman. :wink:

markTHEblake
31st October 2005, 02:18 PM
Gotta give John his own identity.....don't think he'd like to be known as Flowerman. :wink:

Ok, i have updated my info.

Just remember that when he ever plays use his correct Moniker. Thats why some people are on the lists more than once. ALD and AussieLongDriver is another one.

Fishman Dan
31st October 2005, 05:49 PM

This wont be too hard.

Vic.

Flowergirl
Bruce
JM96

What about "Deflowerman"

Obviously the "De" is new-speak for "The" :roll:

Jono
31st October 2005, 06:32 PM
What about "Deflowerman"

Obviously the "De" is new-speak for "The" :roll:

Then shouldn't it be "Da Flowaman"? 8)

Flowergirl
31st October 2005, 09:43 PM
and as long as he thinks he's the one who deflowered flowergirl - well - hey - then everyone's happy. :wink:

AndyP
5th January 2006, 02:46 PM
Are we going to play some matchplay again this year or what?
The concept seemed pretty successful, although a little rushed at stages and a few too many withdrawals, but I think we should do it again.

the 2006 Ozgolf Matchplay draw will be ready to go in about 4 weeks time
Really?

TS
5th January 2006, 03:18 PM
Objection on the seeding. Surely this years results have to come into it .

How can someone who was beaten as badly as Jono was in the 1st round justify No.1 seeding? [-X :lol: :smt098

It will be extemely embrassing to have the No. 1 seed to be knocked out in the first round again. Better put Jono on the bottom of the list.

Could be difficult to arrange a game with Trung, better check to see how many Freq Flyer point I have.

BrisWesty
5th January 2006, 04:36 PM
What the heck.  Count me in as a reserve.
I was a late blow in like Ping Launcher.

Courty
5th January 2006, 05:44 PM
Not sure about the logistics, but I'm in. Maybe we could have a NQ event between myself, Mike & Onewood. :roll:

Moe Norman
5th January 2006, 05:46 PM
I'm in if there's a spot for me. should be an easy win for a reasonable handicapper.

Pinglauncher
5th January 2006, 06:05 PM
Hopefully I can do better than a "reserve" this year as I am very keen to play 8)

Missed out last year as I "discovered the joys of OZGOLF" a little to late :cry:

goughy
5th January 2006, 06:30 PM
Give me the best you've all got. I can take it :twisted:

With my work and the amount of golf I squeeze in, I don't see myself being available enough, should I get past my most likely first match against jaster (a likely option I would guess).

I'm not gonna stuff around with the draw only to pull out at the last minute.

Maybe next year (yeah right :roll: ).

markTHEblake
5th January 2006, 07:30 PM
Havent you blokes played the first round yet ?
thought you would be all over it.

AndyP
5th January 2006, 07:42 PM
Where's the draw?
Is someone else running the show this year?

markTHEblake
5th January 2006, 07:45 PM
The Qld Field.  Please let me know ASAP if you cant play,  or think you know someone who cant play.  Then i will do the draw.

There will be a Pre-qualifying round of matches to get it back to 32 players.  eg if there are 40 starters, top 24 go through to next round,  the bottom 16 playoff for the remaining 8 spots.

(01) Brisvegas
(02) AndyP
(03) gazgolf
(04) Eags
(05) Jarro
(06) 990Bluva
(07) TerryAnd
(08) Iain
(09) theBlake
(10) AndyLo
(11) Damoocow
(12) Onewood
(13) Shavey
(14) golfer69
(15) Nudgee
(16) Peter_RS_644
(17) DaveMason
(18) Macleod
(19) Choppa
(20) Kee
(21) CobraSSS
(22) Shazza_Rs_644
(23) Drunken
(24) Cazandpaul(P)
(25) Jaster
(26) DavidP
(27) Stoney
(28) senecio
(29) Griz
(30) ScottG (Keri)
(31) Keza_G
(32) Brooky17
(33) TwoWood
(34) reg320
(35) Oscar
(36) Numbnuts
(37) Roc
(38) Cazandpaul(C)
(39) goughy
(40) Threewood
(41) Sominc
(42) Wavemaker
(43) Moe Norman
(44) Briswesty

markTHEblake
5th January 2006, 07:46 PM
The NSW Field.  Please let me know ASAP if you cant play,  or think you know someone who cant play.  Then i will do the draw.

There will be a Pre-qualifying round of matches to get it back to 16 players.  eg if there are 20 starters, top 12 go through to next round,  the bottom 8 playoff for the remaining 4 spots.

(01) Trung N
(02) Jono N
(03) JimandR N
(04) TS N
(05) Amanda N
(06) Spiersy N
(07) VirgilTracy N
(08) FishmanDan N
(09) CoffsHacker N
(10) Grunt N
(11) BradW N
(12) 30neday N
(13) Burger N
(14) Zipptopp N
(15) DannyS N
(16) aussielongdriver N
(17) Customclubmaker N
(18) PingLauncher N
(19) ALD N
(20) Fishhead N
(21) Matt 3 Jab

markTHEblake
5th January 2006, 07:47 PM
The Vic Field. Sod it you lot can look after yourself :D

AndyP
5th January 2006, 07:53 PM
(29) Griz
(32) Brooky17
(33) TwoWood
(34) reg320
(35) Oscar
(36) Numbnuts
(37) Roc
(40) Threewood

Have we heard from any of these guys on the forum in the last few months?
Unless they confirm that they are in, you could probably drop them out of the draw.

Grunt
5th January 2006, 07:54 PM
I'm in Mark, I was one of the fools who responded before reading your initial post. I dont think Speirsy will be in though he has/is moved/moving to WA.

markTHEblake
5th January 2006, 08:02 PM
(29) Griz
(32) Brooky17
(33) TwoWood
(34) Gazgolf
(35) Oscar
(36) Numbnuts
(37) Roc
(40) Threewood

Have we heard from any of these guys on the forum in the last few months?

I am not inclined to kick anyone out. Most of those blokes are someones mate so on yer bikes and get in touch with them. Otherwise i tend to agree. common sense suggests some of those fellas wont be playing.

BrisVegas
5th January 2006, 08:09 PM
Brooky17 won't be playing. He's pretty much only playing Brookwater on weekends now (to get some value from his memebrship!).

CobraSS
5th January 2006, 08:24 PM
numbnuts (my brother) won't be playing

Moe Norman
5th January 2006, 09:04 PM
i will be, but I'm seeded over 40!

AndyP
5th January 2006, 09:33 PM
i will be, but I'm seeded over 40!
Do you think you deserve better?

Moe Norman
5th January 2006, 09:39 PM
nope, I'm only a newbie around here.

but an active one!

jimandr
5th January 2006, 09:45 PM
Can I suggest to the NSW players that we discuss some aspects relating to availability at Macarthur Grange on Saturday.

My rough calculations might give us a nice even 16 of relatively dependable starters if Miro and Mrs Miro are playing. The opportunity might exist for people of uncertain status (such as Golfgirl, who seems to have been forgotten so far) to be 1st round reserves.

If we reach agreement we can send the list to Blakey to make it official.

I'll also bring the highly prestigious golden box of Penn golf balls if anyone wants to touch the 2005 trophy before I have it bronzed and framed for display (see my avatar). Eventually I'll make photo's (a limited edition of 1500) and get Tony Greig to spruik it as a collectors item during the cricket for $1595 plus postage and handling. The 2006 trophy will need to be good to match this one.

AndyP
5th January 2006, 09:49 PM
nope, I'm only a newbie around here.
Good. At least you know your place in the scheme of things.

goughy
5th January 2006, 09:55 PM
The beauty or hc matchplay. Anyone on their day can win a match. 'cept me, cause I'm not playing.

Moe Norman
5th January 2006, 10:03 PM
I'm sensing that I won't be getting a game in the matchplay, oh well thanks for making us newbiews feel welcome andyp.

goughy
5th January 2006, 10:06 PM
I'm sure you'll get a shot. One thing you noticed with the champs is that while many want to play, not all can, no matter how much they try to get there. That's just the way it falls. Just remember to bring your poker face :wink: :D

3oneday
5th January 2006, 10:09 PM
I'll also bring the highly prestigious golden box of Penn golf balls if anyone wants to touch the 2005 trophy before I have it bronzed and framed for display (see my avatar).  I for one WILL NOT be touching your balls, but thanks anyway :shock: :roll:

:lol: :lol:

AndyP
5th January 2006, 10:14 PM
I'm sensing that I won't be getting a game in the matchplay, oh well thanks for making us newbiews feel welcome andyp.
:mrgreen:
Actually, I think you are almost guaranteed to get a game, Moe.

Blakey, I just noticed who you put in at 34 when you quoted my post. Nice work, we can only hope he doesn't make it, or he can pay for the trophies himself.

BrisWesty
5th January 2006, 10:35 PM
Given how well the Swiss Miss is going ranked 9999 in the tennis, Moe would have to be a shoe in ranked 43 to win the match play!

Jarro
6th January 2006, 12:43 AM
perci should be a starter for this 8)

Pinglauncher
6th January 2006, 07:30 AM
Can I suggest to the NSW players that we discuss some aspects relating to availability at Macarthur Grange on Saturday.

My rough calculations might give us a nice even 16 of relatively dependable starters if Miro and Mrs Miro are playing.  The opportunity might exist for people of uncertain status (such as Golfgirl, who seems to have been forgotten so far) to be 1st round reserves.

If we reach agreement we can send the list to Blakey to make it official.

Good idea Jim 8)

Bruce
6th January 2006, 08:58 AM
The Vic Field.  Sod it you lot can look after yourself  :D

Thanks for that :roll: .

1. Flowergirl
2. Bruce
3. Deflowerman
4. Ona ?
5. Toolish ?
6. Jack ?
7. Jim ?
8. JJJ ?

If we could get 8 that would be fantastic. Come on fellas - lets see some confirmations. Perhaps I will start a thread for that.

Virgal_Tracy
6th January 2006, 09:49 AM
I won't be there on Saturday but count me in for the Matchplay.

I must have some chance at gaining revenge.

And again objections to Jono being ranked so high. If Trung makes the move across the pacific then the man beaten 6/5 in the 1st round becomes the No.1 seed.

His last OzGolf round saw him come last (admittedly with 35 pts)

re Seed or put me on the same side of the draw as I think a little mental disintegration will see him tied up like a late night movie.

Keza_G
6th January 2006, 11:50 AM
I'll have a chat with Roc, he played last year and would be keen to hve another go I reckon. For myself and Scotty, we are definately in.... but I don't wanna play that Jarro man again, I'll be too scared.... but seeing how I am not really seated in the POTY list I may have to play off against someone, just not my Scott please.... :wink:

Cheers

Keza

Jono
6th January 2006, 12:06 PM
Tony and Vince,

I see that Trung has trained you guys well ... :roll: Now you just have to learn to back it up on the golf course ... :twisted:

MTB, please ignore my rankings and put me down to play Vince in the first round. It would be nice to play Tony in the second if he makes it that far.

BTW, I'm sure you guys are prepared to put money where your mouths are and won't object to a little side bet. :wink:

3oneday
6th January 2006, 12:19 PM
MTB, please ignore my rankings and put me down to play Vince in the first round.  It would be nice to play Tony in the second if he makes it that far.don't want another rematch then Jono ?? i'd like to see if I can improve on the 6/5. If only I didn't 3 putts three times :roll: :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

TS
6th January 2006, 12:21 PM
Tony and Vince,

I see that Trung has trained you guys well ... :roll: Now you just have to learn to back it up on the golf course ... :twisted:

MTB, please ignore my rankings and put me down to play Vince in the first round. It would be nice to play Tony in the second if he makes it that far.

BTW, I'm sure you guys are prepared to put money where your mouths are and won't object to a little side bet. :wink:

At least I wasn't knock out badly in the first round.

Moe Norman
6th January 2006, 12:27 PM
I've een Tiger get beaten in Matchplay several times, doesn't make him seeded any lower next time he fronts up.

alot of talk here, not much action!

Virgal_Tracy
6th January 2006, 12:40 PM
Trung must have someone remaining to maintain the rage in terms of his sledging of you Jono. You know that it will always be good natured.

More than happy to place a side bet but with the current rankins we couldn't meet until rd 2 and then only if some shuffling was done and placed us on the same side of the draw.

Wimbledon seeds based upon ability on the surface, not current ranking.

Allowances must be given to those that don't play as often and consideration to those that inflate their earnings based upon playing in the champs as that can inflate a players earnings due to the large number playing.

Moe, NSW is getting organised with a meeting of the minds tomorrow, where's QLD at?

markTHEblake
6th January 2006, 11:40 PM
You NSW blokes can organise your own thing - makes me happy cos I am busy enough. You have the list according to the POTY, my jobs done.

Jarro
7th January 2006, 08:07 AM
 but I don't wanna play that Jarro man again, I'll be too scared....  

:lol: yeah right :roll:

IF i am drawn against you again this time, we'll make sure you're fully fit before we play our match :wink:

drunken
7th January 2006, 10:49 AM
WOOPS i didn't mean to click the button. Damn erattic mouse

Jarro
7th January 2006, 12:19 PM
WOOPS i didn't mean to click the button. Damn erattic mouse

too late now mate, you're locked in :twisted:

jimandr
7th January 2006, 05:29 PM
You NSW blokes can organise your own thing - makes me happy cos I am busy enough.  You have the list according to the POTY, my jobs done.

As Blakey has given us permission, I'll start a new thread for the NSW Matchplay. Following from discussions today, we should get a nice even sixteen, and eventually have a successful and enjoyable event.

AndyP
7th January 2006, 05:32 PM
Has Trung got Big Al in the first round?

markTHEblake
8th January 2006, 11:49 AM
Now that we have got rid of the pretenders with the rebel event we can get on with organising the real Ozgolf Matchplay.

I have gone through the qualifiers list. I removed anybody that;
- appears obvious that they wont be playing.
- was an ozgolf member last year and didnt play.
- or have pulled out.

and left people in that played last year even though they havent been around much.
and ended up with exactly 32 players!

Here is the potential final 32 . I'll finalise this on Wednesday - please let anyone know that you think needs to know.

(01) Brisvegas *
(02) AndyP
(03) gazgolf
(04) Eags
(05) Jarro
(06) 990Bluva *
(07) TerryAnd
(08) Iain
(09) theBlake
(10) AndyLo
(11) Damoocow
(13) Shavey
(14) golfer69 *
(15) Nudgee
(16) Peter_RS_644
(17) DaveMason
(18) Macleod
(19) Choppa
(20) Kee
(22) Shazza_Rs_644
(23) Drunken
(25) Jaster
(26) DavidP
(29) Griz
(28) senecio
(30) ScottG
(31) Keza_G
(37) Roc
(41) Sominc
(43) Briswesty
(44) Moe_Norman
(45) Perci

(* denotes special handicap to be applied)

Following is the people who have missed out (any objections speak now or forever hold your peace)

(12) Onewood
(21) CobraSSS
(24) Cazandpaul(P)
(27) Stoney
(32) Brooky17
(33) TwoWood
(34) reg320
(35) Oscar
(36) Numbnuts
(38) Cazandpaul(C)
(39) goughy
(40) Threewood
(42) Wavemaker
(99) Courty

markTHEblake
8th January 2006, 11:53 AM
Potential line up for round 1 - definitely some brutal matchups here,

Brisvegas v Perci
AndyP v Moe_Norman
gazgolf v Briswesty
Eags v Sominc
Jarro v Roc
990Bluva v Keza_G
TerryAnd v ScottG
Iain v senecio
theBlake v Griz
AndyLo v DavidP
Damoocow v Jaster
Shavey v Drunken
golfer69 v Shazza_Rs_644
Nudgee v Kee
Peter_RS_644 v Choppa
DaveMason v Macleod

Moe Norman
8th January 2006, 01:03 PM
oh shit, AndyP will kill me looking at his golf-link record !

at least Stoney didn't get a guernsey :P

Jarro
8th January 2006, 03:34 PM
R.I.P Briswesty :smt100

BrisWesty
8th January 2006, 08:43 PM
Jarro, you've got to be kidding.
He gives me 7 holes at the moment :wink:
This'll be a walk in the park (for gazgolf)!

Hey Moe, after we've knocked over our guys and opened up our side of the draw ... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Moe Norman
8th January 2006, 10:18 PM
i'd prefer to play someone erratic, from what I've seen of AndyP, his bad days may only be a few over handicap. I play off 6 and either play to 4-6 or play to 18+ Neither guarantees victory!

terryand
8th January 2006, 11:09 PM
i'd prefer to play someone erratic, from what I've seen of AndyP, his bad days may only be a few over handicap.  I play off 6 and either play to 4-6 or play to 18+  Neither guarantees victory!

Don't worry Moe,AP struggles with the pressure of matchplay :wink:

Terry.

Courty
9th January 2006, 10:24 AM
(99)    Courty

:?

What happened to 46 through 98? :roll:

:wink:

macleod
9th January 2006, 11:49 AM
oooh, it'll be a cleveland vs taylormade battle for me and dave :lol:

i'd better go get a cleveland hat! post haste!

Moe Norman
9th January 2006, 11:51 AM
why do people have special ozgolf handicaps?

if thats his handicap thats his handicap, golf link does it for us.

peter_rs
9th January 2006, 12:05 PM
Special handicaps are for sharks or very good players. :wink:

Thanks MTB you can drop the _644 for me and shazza.

davidp
10th January 2006, 08:05 PM
Sorry guys. Going to have to bail on this one as I've pulled an overseas project for work. (Not my choice of location though...) It will be too hard trying to organise golf around times when I'm in town. :oops:

Good luck everyone. Andy, you've got yourself a 1st round bye... :wink:

AndyP
10th January 2006, 08:20 PM
I thought that might be the case, davidp.
Which is why I thought that Moe probably wouldn't be my opponent as the bottom end of the rankings shuffles up now with your 'withdrawal'.

Good luck with everything.
Do you know the person in your avatar? They look a bit like you....

Moe Norman
10th January 2006, 08:33 PM
thank god for that

markTHEblake
10th January 2006, 08:52 PM
Tis a shame, i was looking forward to AndyHo playing DavidHo.

anyway both would probaly get disqualified for fonding each others equipment.

AndyP
10th January 2006, 08:54 PM
thank god for that
You think so?

As the draw stands without future changes, you will be up against Gaz. :lol:

Moe Norman
10th January 2006, 09:33 PM
oh well, hope we can get a good 9 hole rate then !

Courty
10th January 2006, 10:02 PM
Not sure about the logistics, but I'm in. Maybe we could have a NQ event between myself, Mike & Onewood.  :roll:

OK. So I was kidding myself. I'll humbly withdraw from this one. Maybe Mike & I can have a best of 21 or something and then I (being the winner) can play the winner of the South Queensland Matchplay v NSW Matchplay playoff. :?

Seriously though, I've withdrawn just to keep things tidy.

davidp
10th January 2006, 10:04 PM
Which is why I thought that Moe probably wouldn't be my opponent as the bottom end of the rankings shuffles up now with your 'withdrawal'.

Do you know the person in your avatar?  They look a bit like you....

That's my beautiful little boy, Archie, now 3.5 mths old and built like a brick outhouse.

I don't think I which end of a club to hold anyway, as it's been 7 months since I've even swung a club. :cry:

Jarro
11th January 2006, 04:00 AM

That's my beautiful little boy, Archie, now 3.5 mths old and built like a brick outhouse.

I don't think I which end of a club to hold anyway, as it's been 7 months since I've even swung a club.  :cry:

Hey that's great David =D> is Archie your first :?:

Try and pop in now and then if you can and let us know what you're up to .. it'd be good to catch up with you again.

When does the overseas gig start :?:

macleod
11th January 2006, 05:45 AM
thank god for that

don't worry moe, i got what you meant...

thassa pretty darn funnny :lol:

macleod
11th January 2006, 05:48 AM
Sorry guys. Going to have to bail on this one as I've pulled an overseas project for work. (Not my choice of location though...) It will be too hard trying to organise golf around times when I'm in town. :oops:

Good luck everyone. Andy, you've got yourself a 1st round bye... :wink:

keepp sending over that cheap alcohol to us during the stays :lol:

ps. you're cute-as baby;s image wasn't quite right...i adjusted for you:
http://home.teegee.com.au/scottliddle/davetp.jpg
:D :D :D - hey as faithless say "i can't get no sleep" at the moment...

BrisVegas
11th January 2006, 07:24 AM
i'd prefer to play someone erratic, from what I've seen of AndyP, his bad days may only be a few over handicap.  I play off 6 and either play to 4-6 or play to 18+  Neither guarantees victory!

You can play me if you'd prefer. I'm one of the most erratic out there.... :(

But I get a special ozgolf handicap of 12, so you gotta spot me 3 per side. :wink:

Moe Norman
11th January 2006, 07:34 AM
hang on, you get a higher handicap?!?

when he said 'special ozgolf hndicap to be applied' I assumed that meant it would be lower!

BrisVegas
11th January 2006, 07:40 AM
hang on, you get a higher handicap?!?

when he said 'special ozgolf hndicap to be applied' I assumed that meant it would be lower!

sure, why not? I think my golflink history speaks for itself....

(vs par) 13,15,29,14,16,22,7,15,7,13,12,10,10,11,14....

I need a MUCH higher handicap! 12 is not enough. :lol:

mike
11th January 2006, 08:13 AM
Count me in if there's a spot.
I've got a brother in Noosa who's well overdue for a visit. I can play my match while I'm down there.

AndyP
11th January 2006, 08:27 AM
I've got a brother in Noosa who's well overdue for a visit. I can play my match while I'm down there.
What if you win? (and that's a big if)
Another visit?
It would be good if you could play though.

Moe Norman
11th January 2006, 08:51 AM
sure, why not? I think my golflink history speaks for itself....

(vs par) 13,15,29,14,16,22,7,15,7,13,12,10,10,11,14....

I need a MUCH higher handicap! 12 is not enough

as does mine.

vs Par last 6 months

21,19,22,7,12,22,4,10,15,11,11,11,19,6,2,8,15,23,1 9,3

I think 10 will do me nicely, is that ok MTB?

BrisVegas
11th January 2006, 09:01 AM
Moe - before this gets out of hand.... :lol: There are no "ozgolf handicaps".... Blakey was just talking out of his 4rse, and I decided to run with it, but took it in a different direction.

Blake seems to think I should be off lower than 8 (and also doesn't agree with peter_rs & golfer69's hcaps), which is plainly ridiculous as the numbers show. So, I figure if he wants to give me an "ozgolf handicap", then I want something more appropriate..... like 12!

davidp
11th January 2006, 10:20 AM

I don't think I which end of a club to hold anyway, as it's been 7 months since I've even swung a club.  :cry:

Hey that's great David  =D>  is Archie your first  :?:

Try and pop in now and then if you can and let us know what you're up to .. it'd be good to catch up with you again.

When does the overseas gig start  :?:

No, Archie is our 2nd. He has a sister, Eliza, who is 3 1/2 yrs old. I'll try and get along to an OGD sometime soon, but life is very hectic right now. The ovreseas gig started the week before Christmas, and I'm off again next week for two weeks.

Thanks Macca for the graphics update. Why didn't you just draw horns on the little guy, make him breath fire with a trident in his hands. It would have looked a little less evil then. :lol:

andylo
11th January 2006, 10:35 AM
davidp nice to meet you (online) again. Hows everything :)

AndyP
11th January 2006, 10:37 AM
Just having another look at the current list of players:

(01) Brisvegas *
(02) AndyP
(03) gazgolf
(04) Eags
(05) Jarro
(06) 990Bluva *
(07) TerryAnd
(08) Iain
(09) theBlake
(10) AndyLo
(11) Damoocow
(13) Shavey
(14) golfer69 *
(15) Nudgee
(16) Peter_RS_644
(17) DaveMason
(18) Macleod
(19) Choppa
(20) Kee
(22) Shazza_Rs_644
(23) Drunken
(25) Jaster
(26) DavidP - out
(29) Griz
(28) senecio
(30) ScottG
(31) Keza_G
(37) Roc
(41) Sominc
(43) Briswesty
(44) Moe_Norman
(45) Perci
Mike is in now too.

Hopefully those in bold receive the global email and reply one way or the other, as they are generally quiet on the forum, and it wouldn't be safe to assume that they are definitely playing.
Otherwise, we'll have to try and find a couple of others to avoid byes (in case they ignored the global email). A few members come to mind (KelvinC, FreddyA, Vas).

mike
11th January 2006, 12:07 PM
[quote=AndyP]What if you win? (and that's a big if).
I'm planning to win. I hate losing :wink:

Another visit?.
Sure. Another victim.

It would be good if you could play though.
Thanks.

How long do we have to play each round?

AndyP
11th January 2006, 12:12 PM
How long do we have to play each round?
5 matches before Champs (whenever they are), so it would probably be one every two months.

Moe Norman
11th January 2006, 12:19 PM
Vas will be in if required, but I'm pretty sure his handicap has lapsed.

Jarro
11th January 2006, 01:57 PM
isn't Griz one of Onewoods mates from Logan :?

i'm pretty sure he doesn't frequent these forums at all, so it's extremely doubtful he'll register his interest in this.

markTHEblake
11th January 2006, 10:21 PM
Blake seems to think I should be off lower than 8 (and also doesn't agree with peter_rs & golfer69's hcaps), which is plainly ridiculous as the numbers show.  

whats that flashy picture thingy in your signature mean?

to put the record straight, Brisvegas should be on about 5, 990bLuva about 10, and golfer69 gets the offset, so about 19.

i cant find a smilie for 4rse by the way.

Moe Norman
11th January 2006, 11:11 PM
i had a glance at 990bLuva's golf link record and it looks to me like he's about right where he is. Doesn't shoot low hardly ever.

BV on 5 is true though!

AndyP
12th January 2006, 08:23 AM
i had a glance at 990bLuva's golf link record and it looks to me like he's about right where he is.  Doesn't shoot low hardly ever.
990Burglar has a habit of blitzing the field in big OZgolf days, and plays very little comps.

Choppa
12th January 2006, 08:51 AM
Surely we are not going to start applying dodgy handicaps :?

AndyP
12th January 2006, 09:05 AM
Anyone that finished runner-up in an OZgolf Championship is immediately docked at least 5 shots from their handicap.....

Choppa
12th January 2006, 10:05 AM
Anyone that finished runner-up in  an OZgolf Championship is immediately docked at least 5 shots from their handicap.....

Only 5? I think 10 would be far more appropriate :wink:

990B Luva
12th January 2006, 08:30 PM
i had a glance at 990bLuva's golf link record and it looks to me like he's about right where he is.  Doesn't shoot low hardly ever.
990Burglar has a habit of blitzing the field in big OZgolf days, and plays very little comps.
Hell yea..... i had 10 over at Riverlakes..... i used Keza_G's irons most of the time :D watch out Windaroo :lol:

peter_rs
13th January 2006, 08:12 AM
Keza_G's irons are easy to hit-

The grips
the shafts
the blade heads

I can even hit them (well) :lol:

Jarro
13th January 2006, 03:07 PM
perci should be a starter for this  8)

are you in or what perci :?: :?: :?:

AndyP
17th January 2006, 09:45 AM
*bump*
:?:

markTHEblake
17th January 2006, 11:23 AM
Final Draw.

1 Brisvegas
32 Vacant
16 DaveMason
17 Macleod
8 Iain
25 Keza_G
9 theBlake
24 ScottG

4 Eags
29 Moe_Norman
13 golfer69
20 Shazza_Rs
5 Jarro
28 Briswesty
12 Shavey
21 Drunken

2 AndyP
31 Vacant
15 Peter_RS
18 Choppa
7 TerryAnd
26 Roc
10 AndyLo
23 senecio

3 gazgolf
30 Perci
14 Nudgee
19 Kee
6 990Bluva
27 Sominc
11 Damoocow
22 Jaster

There is two vacant spots.  I haved PM'd Stoney, Vas, and Oscar to see if they are interested.

if someone like Dave Mason or Jaster would like to volunteer a local opponent, like prmeir and goughty i am sure we could make that special dispensation in the 1st round draw. C'mon goughy :-)

To be played before;
Round 1 31st April
Round 2 31st June
Qtr        31st  Aug
Semi      31st Sept
Final       Champs

Vas
17th January 2006, 11:46 AM
i'll play, no worries.

Vas
17th January 2006, 11:47 AM
i don't actually understand that draw though, who am I playing?

Jarro
17th January 2006, 11:51 AM

good question :wink:

AndyP
17th January 2006, 11:51 AM
You're not in the draw yet, because you hadn't confirmed, but you would probably take the first vacant spot, that is, spot 31.

Looks like you've practically got a free ride through to the second round....

Then again, I've just noticed that mike's name is not in the draw after he confirmed he is playing. Blakey?

And's what's the point of jaster playing goughy? If goughy wins, he wouldn't play the second round, because he couldn't play in the first place.

Vas
17th January 2006, 11:59 AM
I'm happy to not play, but if you need people I'll play.

I'm easy either way, but at this stage I'm in as MTB sent me a PM asking me if I was interested and my answer is yes!

oscar
17th January 2006, 01:00 PM
I'll play, slot me in where ever you like.

We have our first born due in early March so first match will have to fit in around the timing of arrival. :D

BrisVegas
17th January 2006, 01:03 PM
I'll play, slot me in where ever you like.

We have our first born due in early March so first match will have to fit in around the timing of arrival. :D

g'day oscar, long time no post! Good to hear from you. Hope everything goes well in the lead up to the birth.

Our little princess is 8 months old now and life just gets better and better. :)

oscar
17th January 2006, 01:05 PM
First round opponent either BV or AP??

:shock:

Jarro
17th January 2006, 01:07 PM
Hi oscar ... we thought you'd left us :lol:

Good luck with the impending arrival 8)

BrisVegas
17th January 2006, 01:08 PM

I'm sure AndyP won't mind me speaking on his behalf when I say.....

"We got nuthin!"

:wink:

AndyP
17th January 2006, 03:44 PM

I'm sure AndyP won't mind me speaking on his behalf when I say.....

"We got nuthin!"

:wink:Nope, that's fine. I've already talked myself down in this thread.

I'm just waiting for my game to click into gear again.

Moe Norman
17th January 2006, 03:48 PM
i'm not sure I understand the draw either, am I playing Eags?

AndyP
17th January 2006, 03:50 PM
i'm not sure I understand the draw either, am I playing Eags?
Yep.

Stoney
17th January 2006, 04:21 PM
Oh well I guess I have missed the boat.

If anyone pulls the pin let me know.

Would have been nice to take "The Player of the Year" out in the first round.

Thanks for the offer

AndyP
17th January 2006, 04:25 PM
If we got more than the 32, I think we were going to have a couple of qualification matches. So you could still participate, I guess.

Jarro
17th January 2006, 04:34 PM
so i get BrisWesty first up 'eh :-k

where do you wanna play our match mate :?:

Moe Norman
17th January 2006, 04:55 PM
Stoney if you want in, I saw Vas tis arvo and he said for me to let him know if they had the numbers because he is often OS and would be hard to accommodate him in such an event, so he's happy for someone to take his spot if they're keen to play.

heh, good luck whoever gets him :P

senecio
17th January 2006, 05:51 PM
Just having another look at the current list of players:

(28 ) senecio

Hopefully those in bold receive the global email and reply one way or the other, as they are generally quiet on the forum, and it wouldn't be safe to assume that they are definitely playing.

I'm in AndyP.

Hopefully I can find a little more time to spend in these pages.

Ryan

Stoney
17th January 2006, 06:29 PM
Stoney if you want in, I saw Vas tis arvo and he said for me to let him know if they had the numbers because he is often OS and would be hard to accommodate him in such an event, so he's happy for someone to take his spot if they're keen to play.

heh, good luck whoever gets him :P

Mate I am keen, your call Vas

Moe Norman
17th January 2006, 06:56 PM
i'll let him post, but I'm pretty sure he's happy for you to take his spot.

BrisWesty
17th January 2006, 08:18 PM
so i get BrisWesty first up 'eh  :-k

where do you wanna play our match mate  :?:

Hi Jarro,
If I can use all of that goodwill I'm working up, maybe we can set this up as part of Redcliffe on the 29th.
Just spoke with Mrs BW, and that's now a goer.

Jarro
17th January 2006, 08:33 PM
sounds good BrisWesty .... lets do it 8)

BrisVegas
17th January 2006, 09:10 PM

Bring it on bitch. :wink:

Stoney
17th January 2006, 09:59 PM

Bring it on bitch.  :wink:

You know you can't take me, you just know it !!!!! :lol:

mike
17th January 2006, 11:38 PM
Seems I missed out.

markTHEblake
18th January 2006, 12:54 AM
Stoney qualified in his own right through the POTY, so he has been slotted in there in his rightfull spot, as did Briswesty and Oscar (which i didnt realise before)
Vas and Perci seeded according to joining date.

I removed Sominc.  He only played one ozgolf event not the matchplay and hasnt visited for 3 months despite the email.

Here is the final draw, sperated in little groups, like Group A, Group B, so you lot can understand it.     No amendments.  Andyp please do up the nice sheet on your template before i change my mind or some boofhead pulls a hamstring, gets pregnant, married or worse.   Rules same as last year.

The Intellectuals

1 Brisvegas
32 Perci
16 DaveMason
17 Macleod

The Handsomes

8 Iain
25 ScottG
9 theBlake
24 Senecio

Roses amongst the thorn

4 Eags
29 Oscar
13 golfer69
20 Shazza_Rs_644

The Four Stooges

5 Jarro
28 MoeNorman
12 Shavey
21 Drunken

Pornstars

2 AndyP
31 Vas
15 Peter_RS_644
18 Choppa

Lancasters -1

7 TerryAnd
26 KezaG
10 AndyLo
23 Stoney

Fantastic Four in Leotards

3 gazgolf
30 Roc
14 Nudgee
19 Kee

The Sandbaggers

6 990Bluva
27 Briswesty
11 Damoocow
22 Jaster

Round 1 31st April
Round 2 31st June
Qtr        31st  Aug
Semi      31st Sept
Final       Champs

Jarro
18th January 2006, 06:41 AM
i thought i was playing BrisWesty :smt017

oh well, i'll be happy to kick Moe's 4rse first up anyway :twisted:

BrisVegas
18th January 2006, 07:15 AM

Bring it on bitch.  :wink:

You know you can't take me, you just know it !!!!!   :lol:

Granted, you beat me 99 times out of a 100, but I always rate myself a chance. :lol: :lol:

AndyP
18th January 2006, 08:49 AM

What if you win? (and that's a big if).
I'm planning to win. I hate losing :wink:

Another visit?.
Sure. Another victim.
Then again, I've just noticed that mike's name is not in the draw after he confirmed he is playing.   Blakey?

Seems I missed out.
Any particular reason that mike is not being placed in the draw?  Oversight or intentional?
Surely someone who has said they are prepared to make the effort and travel down from the Far North to play, deserves to go in the draw...
I'll play him, if that's what it takes.

Stoney
18th January 2006, 09:45 AM
Granted, you beat me 99 times out of a 100, but I always rate myself a chance.    :lol:  :lol:

MMM, I like those odds :lol:

With the way the draw looks I won't meet you until the final. That gives you 10 months to improve the odds a little.

Good Luck "Player of the Year" :lol: :lol:

Vas
18th January 2006, 10:02 AM
AndyP - mike can have my spot, considering I'm listed to play you that should work out pretty easy.

markTHEblake
18th January 2006, 10:16 AM
Is Mike 100% committed to coming to Brisbane to play 5 times throughtout the year, inlcuding the Ozgolf champs?

Mike only committed to playing one round and thats not enough.

Whazzup Mike, speak now or forever hold ya peace.

BrisVegas
18th January 2006, 10:31 AM
With the way the draw looks I won't meet you until the final. That gives you 10 months to improve the odds a little.

hmmm 10 months x once a month (0.1).  I'm only gonna be off 9 for the champs...

Good Luck "Player of the Year"  :lol:  :lol:
hey steady on.  You're new here.  Get some time up before slagging a title you haven't held.  :P  

I never claimed to be the best golfer.  :roll:  I'll let you do that.  POTY is purely about consistency in ozgolf games and has little to do with scoring.

AndyP
18th January 2006, 10:56 AM
Scans obviously confirmed your feeling. Sorry to hear that.

Stoney
18th January 2006, 11:07 AM
Good Luck "Player of the Year"  :lol:  :lol:
hey steady on.  You're new here.  Get some time up before slagging a title you haven't held.  :P  

I never claimed to be the best golfer.  :roll:  I'll let you do that.  POTY is purely about consistency in ozgolf games and has little to do with scoring.[/quote]

Just giving you the respect you deserve by calling you "Player of the Year"

Your consistency was never in question. If I was slagging you off you would know about it.

AndyP
18th January 2006, 11:30 AM
Here's a draft draw, which hopefully is the final time it is amended (assuming I didn't stuff up somewhere and mike is playing).  I think I got it right, so let me know if one of the 'seedings' is wrong. Blakey, can you cast your eyes over it please.

http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/4223/matchplay5nf.jpg

Shaz vs Pete in the first round.
:lol:  :smt044  :smt044  :smt043  :lol:

BrisVegas
18th January 2006, 11:53 AM
stoney - tough luck drawing damo in the first round. :shock:

Jarro
18th January 2006, 12:22 PM
i thought i was playing BrisWesty  :smt017

oh well, i'll be happy to kick Moe's 4rse first up anyway  :twisted:

umm, .... ok, now it seems i'm up against oscar first up :lol:

Stoney
18th January 2006, 02:24 PM
stoney - tough luck drawing damo in the first round.   :shock:

Should I be worried? He not one of those guys with an over inflated handicap is he? :)

With my new AGU approved handicap of 8, it might make it a closer match : :wink: :lol:

Moe Norman
18th January 2006, 02:40 PM
if Stoney gets 8 'm playing off 27.

BrisVegas
18th January 2006, 02:42 PM

heheh. No offence Thommo, but I'd still put my $5 on Pete. :oops:

Stoney
18th January 2006, 02:43 PM

I was just dreaming, would take me ten years to get there it think.

Moe Norman
18th January 2006, 02:54 PM
last start I'd have won every hole on the back 9 at brooky had he been on 8 and me on 27.

so my par on 2 would seal it!

BrisVegas
18th January 2006, 02:59 PM
last start I'd have won every hole on the back 9 at brooky had he been on 8 and me on 27.

:lol: :lol: looking forward to the rematch at Wynnum then! I wanna be on your team when you take him down.... :wink: My last head to head game against Pete at Wynnum, he got me 60 nett to 62.... Just when you think you got a chance... :roll: :lol: Still, I'm due for a win! :)

Stoney
18th January 2006, 03:16 PM

Yeah but I was 9 up on the front nine :lol: :lol:

shazza_rs
18th January 2006, 03:22 PM
:lol: :smt044 :smt044 :smt043 :lol:

**** off!

like thats fair!

AndyP
18th January 2006, 03:24 PM
Can I watch?

Jarro
18th January 2006, 03:28 PM

**** off!

like thats fair!

luck of the draw my dear :lol:

peter_rs
18th January 2006, 03:31 PM

**** off!

like thats fair!

Ditto!

By the way its matchplay, with my record (0 and 4) i think she is safe. :wink:

Moe Norman
18th January 2006, 04:18 PM
i don't understad whats UNfair abou it?

peter_rs
18th January 2006, 06:30 PM
Moe, its unfair because we eat,sleep and play most of our golf together, its nice to play other people every now and then :wink:

CobraSS
18th January 2006, 07:07 PM
Moe, because we eat,sleep and play most of our golf together, its nice to play other people every now and then :wink:

true, but that doesn't make it UNFAIR :?

mike
18th January 2006, 10:12 PM
Seems I'm back in.

:?

Round 1 31st April
Round 2 31st June
Qtr        31st  Aug
Semi      31st Sept
Final       Champs

Where I come from, April , June and September don't have that many days.

Looking foreward to this.

AndyP
19th January 2006, 03:09 PM
Blakey has given the last draft the thumbs up, so here is the final release of the draw:
http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/3444/matchplay8va.jpg

Have fun!

Jarro
19th January 2006, 03:24 PM
OK oscar, we'd better get our match sorted before your bub arrives :wink:

What Ozgolf days you got lined up in the near future :?:

AndyP
19th January 2006, 03:28 PM
OK oscar, we'd better get our match sorted before your bub arrives  :wink:

What Ozgolf days you got lined up in the near future  :?:
When's that OZgolf day happening at Arundel Hills? jarro, you don't mind giving oscar a home advantage to get the opportunity to play on a quality course do you?........

Jarro
19th January 2006, 03:29 PM
OK oscar, we'd better get our match sorted before your bub arrives  :wink:

What Ozgolf days you got lined up in the near future  :?:
When's that OZgolf day happening at Arundel Hills?  jarro, you don't mind giving oscar a home advantage to get the opportunity to play on a quality course do you?........

well, if that's what it takes to get our match happening ... i suppose it'll have to do :roll:

I'd just like to get it done sooner rather than later .... seeing as my opponent has a life-changing event about to occur :shock:

oscar
19th January 2006, 08:13 PM
Funny you should bring up a hit at Arundel AP.

I heard a whisper that the knob who owns and manages Arundel has jacked up membership by about $450.00 p/a.

So my time left as a member of this fine course may be limited.

I will inquire into a Sunday group session, they host a Visitors comp one Sunday a month, I think its $75 clams with shared buggy and bbq lunch.

I'll find out details and confirm.

Could be a chance to get a few first round clashes played.

Choppa
19th January 2006, 09:10 PM
Ok Macca it's either you or me who will be beaten by Vegas in round 2. Maybe we should just toss a coin for our match :lol:

BrisVegas
19th January 2006, 09:26 PM
Ok Macca it's either you or me who will be beaten by Vegas in round 2. Maybe we should just toss a coin for our match :lol:

oooh nice "anti-sledge". clever. :wink:

I just hope i make it to the 2nd round! :lol:

macleod
19th January 2006, 10:47 PM

mmmm tough choice////can we play rock-paper-scissors on this one?

:D

nah, once my shoulder has healed i am ready to blitz through to the finals.

excelsior!!!!! (in the words of stan lee the man) ;)

macleod
19th January 2006, 10:49 PM

i am going to the specialist tomorrow again for more shoulder treatment.

they have done all the filming of my freak shoulders...more to come.

so i will see when i can expect full recovery.

been riding 12K+ morning from 5-6 then pool hydro work from 6-7 each morning.

down to 94 kilos now from my back injury peak of 110...mmmmmm i can see my bits again! :lol:

Keza_G
24th January 2006, 06:57 AM
Did I read this right........

Shaz v Pete...... and a posibility of Keza v Scotty..... :shock: :shock:

Partner aggression could be on the increase very soon.....

Can someone clarify the rules ..........
Full handicap difference given on the appropriate match play index (ie Mens & Ladies index on the respective card)

OK UNIT....... you and me baby...... gimme a day and a time and I'll work some magic at work....

MTB...... Scotty said name a place and a time..... he'll be there....

Cheers

Keza

BrisVegas
25th January 2006, 10:03 AM
Looking forward to meeting you Dion & checking out your new gear when we meet in the firt round of the matchplay.

Perci - Are you playing the Wynnum cup? We could have our game there if you want. Gazgolf gave me a hiding there last start, so you know i got nuthin... :wink:

BrisVegas
25th January 2006, 10:06 AM
I will inquire into a Sunday group session, they host a Visitors comp one Sunday a month, I think its $75 clams with shared buggy and bbq lunch.
I'll find out details and confirm.

Could be a chance to get a few first round clashes played.

hey Oscar - I'm very keen to check out Arundel, while you're still a member there. Count me in for whatever ozgolf day you organise. :)

Book it and they will come..... oh yes...

Iain
26th January 2006, 02:08 AM
OK UNIT....... you and me baby...... gimme a day and a time and I'll work some magic at work....

Bring it on biatch..... 8) 8) :wink: :wink:

Keza_G
26th January 2006, 08:36 AM
OK UNIT....... you and me baby......  gimme a day and a time and I'll work some magic at work....

Bring it on biatch..... 8)  8)  :wink:  :wink:

That's MRS BIATCH boy :D :twisted:

cheers

Keza

Jarro
26th January 2006, 06:30 PM
don't stir him up too much Keza ..... he'll throw hair-gel at you :roll: :smt061

AndyP
26th January 2006, 07:02 PM
The PC term is product, jarro, not hair gel.

goughy
26th January 2006, 07:47 PM
Jarro thought he was being pc. He still uses brill cream (at least it's in his cupboard even if not used :shock: )

markTHEblake
26th January 2006, 07:56 PM
Jarro thought he was being pc. He still uses brill cream (at least it's in his cupboard even if not used :shock: )

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

what the hell has he been using the Brill cream on ?

dont tell me - dont wanna know.

Jarro
26th January 2006, 08:18 PM
what the hell is brill cream :?

is that something you rub on your 4rse :shock:

markTHEblake
26th January 2006, 08:26 PM
what the hell is brill cream :?

is that something you rub on your 4rse :shock:

I told you I DONT WANT TO KNOW
:smt078

drunken
29th January 2006, 02:22 PM
So is this draw confirmed now??

AndyP
29th January 2006, 09:49 PM
So is this draw confirmed now??
Just in case you missed it.

... so here is the final release of the draw:
http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/3444/matchplay8va.jpg

AndyP
8th February 2006, 12:53 PM
as discussed Andy, yours will be a walkover unless you play the new steve bloke.

Vas is in india.
Guys, looks like there is now a place available in the matchplay draw. I had a bye through the first round last year, and would rather not have a walkover this time.

We've had a few new members in the Brissy area join up since the entries 'closed'. If you newbies are interested, then now is the time to say so.

If more than one of you want to play, then you may have to play a qualification match beforehand.
Do you want in?

steverawlo
8th February 2006, 12:58 PM
All too keen Andy. You can put me in for sure.

BrisVegas
8th February 2006, 01:30 PM
All too keen Andy. You can put me in for sure.

Go Steve! You can take him! :smt002

AndyP
8th February 2006, 01:42 PM
Go Steve! You can take him! :smt002
You buy a putter off him, and now you're all chummy.
Or is it tall poppy syndrome at work?

I sent Steve a PM to notify him of the opening as I remembered that he had expressed interest in the 2007 matchplay, but it still depends on whether one of the other newbies nominates too.

My OZgolf matchplay record stands at 1-1 (dft Iain in City/Country matchplay at Middle Ridge, lost to Terryand in 2005 Matchplay at Bribie, and I don't count those against A-Lo coz that's easy pickings). So it's hardly an impressive record.

I'd really like to play more than one match before exiting this year, and looking at Steve's golflink record, I'm not too scared......

Possibility that I could play my matchplay at Northlakes if I have an opponent by then.

steverawlo
8th February 2006, 04:02 PM
It would be a good match up Andy - close handicaps and I don't consider your own golflink record to be particularly imposing :P

AndyP
9th February 2006, 10:19 AM
Guys, looks like there is now a place available in the matchplay draw. I had a bye through the first round last year, and would rather not have a walkover this time.

We've had a few new members in the Brissy area join up since the entries 'closed'. If you newbies are interested, then now is the time to say so.

If more than one of you want to play, then you may have to play a qualification match beforehand.
Do you want in?
steverawlo has thrown his name in.

I think until Monday is a long enough deadline for any other nominations.

(I think Steve is taking it pretty seriously. I just noticed that he is checking out what clubs I use in the WITB forum.)

BrisVegas
9th February 2006, 10:28 AM
(I think Steve is taking it pretty seriously. I just noticed that he is checking out what clubs I use in the WITB forum.)

Well that should offer him no clues whatsoever about your golfing ability!!! :mrgreen:

Lemme see.... component irons, LDA driver, Sweet 3 wood with a ladies shaft, couple of knockoff Rescue Mids, 3 great wedges and a mallet putter..... There's no theme there.... :?

AndyP
9th February 2006, 10:35 AM
Well that should offer him no clues whatsoever about your golfing ability!!! :mrgreen:

Lemme see.... component irons, LDA driver, Sweet 3 wood with a ladies shaft, couple of knockoff Rescue Mids, 3 great wedges and a mallet putter..... There's no theme there.... :?
Is this what we now call a mixed bag??

Please explain the shaft comment, I don't understand?

BrisVegas
9th February 2006, 12:09 PM
Is this what we now call a mixed bag??

Please explain the shaft comment, I don't understand?

yes, it's a mixed bag! you've got a driver that's renowned for it's success on the LD tour shafted up with a strong EI70(?), sitting next to a 3 wood with the whippiest shaft I've ever seen. steve won't know whether to expect a big-hitting LD brute or a smooth swinger when you guys play, that's all...

BrisVegas
9th February 2006, 12:27 PM
ok, "ladies shaft" might have gone a bit far..... sorry P.... :smt058

AndyP
9th February 2006, 12:29 PM
I didn't realise the shaft was super-whippy, that's why I didn't get the comment. I don't take notice of these things.
I guess a club-fitting session would sort this stuff out...

steverawlo
9th February 2006, 04:51 PM

It's OK AndyP. I also have a pretty mixed bag. Crappy old Lincoln blades, old King Cobra driver - I'm stuck in the 90's.:smt022

AndyP
9th February 2006, 04:56 PM
It's OK AndyP. I also have a pretty mixed bag. Crappy old Lincoln blades, old King Cobra driver - I'm stuck in the 90's.:smt022
Hanging around this site will change that.

steverawlo
9th February 2006, 05:02 PM
Already looking at the budget to find out where I can cut back to finance a new set.

Moe Norman
9th February 2006, 05:19 PM
i have some nice forged srixons you can have for $380 ;)

steverawlo
9th February 2006, 05:25 PM
Are you going to be at North Lakes? I am a possible but not a probable for that one.

AndyP
13th February 2006, 11:59 AM

As there have been no other nominations, steve is now in the draw. His opponent will be me.

Moe Norman
13th February 2006, 12:17 PM
steve if you really are interested in the srixons send me a PM and you can come grab them and give them a hit for a few weeks. I live in graceville.

just sitting in the garage at the moment - they are in mint condition. I bought them from another ozgolfer only a month ago for $380 and used them about 5 times.

BrisVegas
13th February 2006, 02:17 PM
As there have been no other nominations, steve is now in the draw. His opponent will be me.

steverawlo v AndyP - both of you are off 12 at the moment too.

steverawlo
13th February 2006, 02:26 PM
Very ugly at Bribie on the weekend. You've got nothing to worry about Andy.

AndyP
13th February 2006, 02:27 PM
Very ugly at Bribie on the weekend. You've got nothing to worry about Andy.
Don't try that reverse psychology crap on me. :lol:

BTW any closer to a decision on whether you are playing at Northlakes or not?