PDA

View Full Version : NSW: Camden Lakeside Friday 28/12/12 10.58am

jimandr
12th December 2012, 10:20 PM
Room for two more at this stage. Time booked for 10.58.

My invitation is on an Expression of Interest basis at this stage.

I'll be out of town for the next week and a bit, so I won't be able to make any bookings until the 23rd, so there is no iron-clad guarantee I'll be able to get a desirable tee-time, particularly if we are able to get more than one group.

1. Jimandr

Jono
12th December 2012, 10:40 PM
1. Jimandr
2. Jono

WBennett
13th December 2012, 08:30 AM
Bugger - if it was the Saturday I'd be there for sure...

Anyone in Sydney available to host me on Saturday 29th?

mudrat
13th December 2012, 08:55 AM
Unfortunately not Benno, looks like ill be down the coast from Boxing Day.

WBennett
13th December 2012, 09:04 AM
Muddie - I should just do a day trip anyway. I have Recips at NB and Glenmore, how hard is it to get into a comp at either place?

Dotty
13th December 2012, 09:14 AM
Bugger - if it was the Saturday I'd be there for sure...

Anyone in Sydney available to host me on Saturday 29th?
Yes. We can now have a few vistor spots in comps.

Will it be a speedway night?

Monsta
13th December 2012, 10:36 AM
Benno says yes, it will be a speedway night.

Benno, get the f*&k out of my account

Dotty
13th December 2012, 11:34 AM
Benno says yes, it will be a speedway night.

Benno, get the f*&k out of my account
We'll take it to PM, and can discuss details at the ACT day.

Sorry for the threadjack, Jim.

Grunt
13th December 2012, 09:00 PM
Might be able to make another game, will have to see if I can get a baby sitter for Tayla. Should know by the weekend.

mrbluu
13th December 2012, 10:56 PM
if it's early then count me in.....

Jono
13th December 2012, 11:01 PM

With Jim organising the game, very unlikely ... ;)

Grunt
14th December 2012, 06:57 AM
With Jim organising the game, very unlikely ... ;)

:)

jimandr
21st December 2012, 10:46 PM

Sorry Bluu. I never show interest in your Cabra games because they are usually too early for me.

Not much other interest in this game however, so it looks like just Jono and me. I'm back in Sydney, and I'll go to the course and make a booking tomorrow afternoon.

So if anybody else wants to play, post before about midday Saturday please.

Grunt
22nd December 2012, 04:50 AM
Sorry Jim, cant get anyone for Tayla. Now that I have weekends off once more I should be able to get a game in more regularly.

jimandr
22nd December 2012, 05:17 PM
Title and opening post have been changed to show a confirmed tee time of 10.58 that currently has two vacant spaces with Jono and myself.

If anybody wants to play, you'll need to ring the Camden Lakeside Proshop yourself and put your name down.

KristianJ
23rd December 2012, 08:31 AM
Only thing stopping me from joining in is a mid arvo wedding...otherwise I'd have been very keen.

Grunt
30th December 2012, 09:36 AM
How'd you guys go?

jimandr
30th December 2012, 12:24 PM
The game didn't happen. We have rescheduled for Tuesday (New Years Day), but the forecast is for 36 degrees so I'm not very enthusiastic.

Grunt
30th December 2012, 03:22 PM
Ooh, I could do New Years day, if there is a spot?

jimandr
30th December 2012, 06:30 PM
possibly. The event is an invitation, which means I can only invite one player. But the sheet has a lot of gaps including one vacancy at our 10.42 tee time, so if I ring the club in the morning I can't see them saying no.

After all, since Wests took over management of the club and course, money appears to be the primary interest of the managers.

Grunt
30th December 2012, 08:21 PM
Ok, I am in if allowed.

Jono
30th December 2012, 10:23 PM
Jim, I'll shout the cost of the cart if you are interested.

I came down with the f'ing flu Friday night but I'll be there rain, hail or shine.

jimandr
1st January 2013, 05:57 PM
Here is that rarest of things, a NSW Ozgolf game report.

Jono, Grunt and I fronted up on a day advertised for a 37 degree maximum, and that is exactly what we got. Hot, sunny, not much breeze. The course was a bit dry but not too bad.

Scores: Jono 42, Jimandr 31, Grunt 21.

The scores were an accurate reflection of our games. Jono played the way he used to play. Long off the tee, and mostly fairly accurate, a dodgy short game, but enough good shots to make his current 17 handicap look very generous. Essentially he didn't hit many really bad ones, and when he did, we found the ball. I played my usual rubbish, but slightly better than recently. I stayed out of trouble, then threw away shots around the greens. Grunt had a bad day for the most part, and when he hit his wild ones we didn't find the ball.

A hot day, but still good fun.

Grunt
1st January 2013, 06:23 PM
You were too nice in your write up Jim. I was CRAP!

Jono will be down to hte numbers we saw him play to a few years back very soon.

Thanks for the game guys, sorry I was so crap. I almost played good ambrose golf with some of my irregular good shots.

Jono
1st January 2013, 08:24 PM
Thanks for the game today guys. Jim, I heard it reached 39 degrees in camden today. It felt like it too.

I hit the ball well today but too many 3 putts put a bit of a dampener on the round. The worst 3 putt was on the par 5 13th. It's about 440 from the tee we played from and I hit a good drive to about 100m from the flag. Hit the lobby to about 4 meters, right of the pin. Decelerated big time through the putt and left it a meter short. missed the birdie putt as well.

Jim played OK but hearing his expletives, you would have thought he played really crap. ;)

Grunt did play crap though. Playing 3 rounds a year doesn't help. Too busy with his kayaking, I suppose.

Anyway, it was good fun. Thanks again for the invite, Jim.

hocko
1st January 2013, 08:28 PM
Thanks for the game today guys. Jim, I heard it reached 39 degrees in camden today. It felt like it too.

I hit the ball well today but too many 3 putts put a bit of a dampener on the round. The worst 3 putt was on the par 5 13th. It's about 440 from the tee we played from and I hit a good drive to about 100m from the flag. Hit the lobby to about 4 meters, right of the pin. Decelerated big time through the putt and left it a meter short. missed the birdie putt as well.

Jim played OK but hearing his expletives, you would have thought he played really crap. ;)

Grunt did play crap though. Playing 3 rounds a year doesn't help. Too busy with his kayaking, I suppose.

Anyway, it was good fun. Thanks again for the invite, Jim.

You hit a 340mt drive???
That is a monster!

Jono
1st January 2013, 10:12 PM
You hit a 340mt drive???
That is a monster!

The fairway was dry and firm with a bit of downslope. Probably got 40-50m run. ;)

Just as an aside, I went back to the Superfast 2.0 8.5 deg tour head/House of Forged Patriot shaft combo after using the G20 for a bit. Aussie Longdriver made up the Superfast combo for me and I love it. Straight, boring and long.

Grunt
2nd January 2013, 07:44 AM
Just realised of all my crap golf yesterday one thing was that I parred the index one 4th hole! Why is it hte hard holes I play ok and the easy ones I just F(*& up? Perfect example was the 18th yesterday, Great drive, 100 out, 4 craps shots later to the green to 2 putt for a wipe.:roll:

matty
2nd January 2013, 08:36 AM
Just realised of all my crap golf yesterday one thing was that I parred the index one 4th hole! Why is it hte hard holes I play ok and the easy ones I just F(*& up?

Expectations? Anyway, good to hear you're back into it.

matty
2nd January 2013, 08:38 AM
Well done Jono. Always great to beat 36, let alone pass the big 40. Getting some form back.

Jono
2nd January 2013, 09:56 AM
Well done Jono. Always great to beat 36, let alone pass the big 40. Getting some form back.

Thanks Matty. Certainly good to start hitting fairways and greens again. :)

mrbluu
2nd January 2013, 10:31 AM
You hit a 340mt drive???
That is a monster!

I haven't met Jono yet, but from what I heard, 340m would only be a little 3wood......