PDA

View Full Version : The Scotty Experience...

Lagerlover
12th December 2012, 07:10 PM
After my recent lifestyle choice.... going from the common redwood piper to the Scooty Gloo, I thought I'd keep a journal post investment, so on reflection, I can see if it has made me a better person....

day 1. No apparent changes to my persona...
Actually quite like knowing that the old bloke watching me on the practice green at Nudgee, was not laughing at the constant three putts... instead happy to see the Scotty getting put to work... RESPECT

Daves
12th December 2012, 07:47 PM
So did the Golo come with details about the secret handshake?

http://mcbean.hubpages.com/hub/Urine-Dribble

Lagerlover
12th December 2012, 07:55 PM
So did the Golo come with details about the secret handshake?

http://mcbean.hubpages.com/hub/Urine-Dribble

1. What's a Golo?
2. Contacted seller

Captain Nemo
12th December 2012, 08:40 PM
:lol:

popper81
12th December 2012, 10:47 PM
I hope you treat this better than you treat your mates on here ;)

Hux
13th December 2012, 08:40 AM
Lager I heard that Scotty Cameron was going to pay you not to use one of their putters? Bit like Gray Nicholls and Gladstone Small with cricket bats.

Monsta
13th December 2012, 09:02 AM
Guys,

I realise a thread started by LL is no place to ask a serious question, but, are the scotty's worth the hype and money?
Putting has always been the weakness of my game..........

Dotty
13th December 2012, 09:10 AM
Guys,

I realise a thread started by LL is no place to ask a serious question, but, are the scotty's worth the hype and money?
Yes. Right up until the honeymoon period ends. :)

They are the Lexus of the putter world. Expensive, well designed and well built. I had one for 12 months, but the magic wore off and now go for cheap Ping putters (base models or 2nd hand).

Lagerlover
13th December 2012, 09:43 AM
Lager I heard that Scotty Cameron was going to pay you not to use one of their putters? Bit like Gray Nicholls and Gladstone Small with cricket bats.

No comment.

Daves
13th December 2012, 09:50 AM
Guys,

Yes. Right up until the honeymoon period ends. :)

They are the Lexus of the putter world. Expensive, well designed and well built. I had one for 12 months, but the magic wore off and now go for cheap Ping putters (base models or 2nd hand).

As dotty said, though so are Bettinardi, Lajosi and a few other top line makers. Probably the greatest attraction though, beyond the quality, is the ability to customise your putter in so many ways. Headcovers, grips, weight, balance & finish can all be changed to suit your tastes/preferences, but at a cost of course. I own a couple of Scotty's and to me the balanced feel of the putter is what I like most.

Lagerlover
13th December 2012, 09:52 AM
Day 2.
Must keep this post brief. Woke up feeling the need to compile a list of those who rent, and those who are home owners in our street.... no idea why.

PeteyD
13th December 2012, 09:54 AM
Bwahahahaha!

If you like the Scotty I have a Guage you might be interested in ;)

Lagerlover
13th December 2012, 09:56 AM
Bwahahahaha!

If you like the Scotty I have a Guage you might be interested in ;)

Is that a Gauge rip off?

Daves
13th December 2012, 09:57 AM
Day 2.
Must keep this post brief. Woke up feeling the need to compile a list of those who rent, and those who are home owners in our street.... no idea why.

You need to go into more detail, it is the ones with the 3rd mortgage that will be Scotty owners.

Hux
13th December 2012, 10:04 AM
Guys,

You can't buy a swing. I know I have spent bucket loads trying to.

PeteyD
13th December 2012, 10:31 AM
Is that a Gauge rip off?

??

No Genwhine Guage with headcover etc. When I sort my proshop thread out it will be in there. Is very pretty.

popper81
13th December 2012, 10:31 AM
Day 2.

Thank god you are in YOUR street today..... :lol:

Serious question? How do you see resale value on this going? It is going to be getting plenty of work... It will be like buying ex governement car - Thrashed.

Lagerlover
13th December 2012, 10:38 AM
Serious question? How do you see resale value on this going? .

Looking around, apparently having the name Scotty on it is all the insurance I need.

pingmanjas
13th December 2012, 10:43 PM
Guys,

Putting has always been the weakness of my game.......... The quality of the putter is 2nd to none and like all putters they seem to work well at the start. I used various scottys for 6 years, then bought an Anser on a whim and all the scottys but one have now been show the door.

Captain Nemo
14th December 2012, 08:33 AM
Each to their own i suppose.
Scotty is now not just a Putter maker, but his brand has grown into more collecting/art and accessories.
He makes some incredible/expensive covers that really look great in any bag.
Its all the other stuff he's now doing, polo's, hats, sweaters, bags etc that seperates him from all other putter makers.
We can debate it for hours, but he is what he is, a great business/salesman..
;)

Hux
14th December 2012, 09:41 AM
Scotty is up there with taylormade for mass marketing. Or I guess 99% of golf companies. Release minor alterations on an existing theme every 12 months and the punters believe it is better than last years.
Sc putters are however well made and well designed but so are the other main stream putters. Sc look better IMHO which is market engineering.
The few genuine tour sc I have tried do feel better. Psychosomatic or actual?? Immaterial as I can't justify the cost

Lagerlover
14th December 2012, 09:04 PM
Day 3.
Just got home from my day job, quick wipe, then change into my streetwalker clothes. Second night in and so far so good.
Woke up this morning and not as sore as I was expecting.
Should only have to do this for another three weeks, and the scotty will be P.A.I.D. baby!

Lagerlover
15th December 2012, 03:38 PM
Day 4.
Judgement day... just the SEVEN three putts, but as everyone knows, the honeymoon period always starts well.
The greens were a bit slow... I was a bit slower.

Thank god I didn't give the piper to the Salvos...

Daves
16th December 2012, 09:42 AM
Day 5. Realises he has bought the wrong version...........;

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Scotty-Cameron-Tour-Silver-Mist-GoLo-KNUCKLE-HEAD-Deep-Milled-Circle-T-Putter-/181045829951?pt=Golf_Clubs&hash=item2a272c213f

Captain Nemo
16th December 2012, 09:47 AM
Hahaha, well he can always go see Nudgee and ask to roll his....;)

Lagerlover
16th December 2012, 09:48 AM
Day 5. Realises he has bought the wrong version...........;

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Scotty-Cameron-Tour-Silver-Mist-GoLo-KNUCKLE-HEAD-Deep-Milled-Circle-T-Putter-/181045829951?pt=Golf_Clubs&hash=item2a272c213f

Yeah mate that's the one I've got.

( when I say I've, I mean Nudgee )

GSP
16th December 2012, 08:04 PM
It's a lot of money for a circle T stamp

PeteyD
16th December 2012, 10:12 PM
Nek Minute

jaybam
17th December 2012, 09:44 PM
Updates ????

Lagerlover
17th December 2012, 09:47 PM
Reshafting...

jaybam
17th December 2012, 09:50 PM
No I mean with the putter ?

timah!
17th December 2012, 10:54 PM
Reshafting...

Don't you dare...

PeteyD
18th December 2012, 07:18 AM
Obviously a failure, move onto exotic JDM gear, far better ;)