PDA

View Full Version : Tas: Anyone Keen on a game over Xmas/New Year

Collis
12th December 2012, 10:13 AM
Just thought it was worth a try seeing more and more Tassie people popping up.

Anyone interested?

BenM
12th December 2012, 01:56 PM
Yes - but where?

You'd have to come up to the better half of the state :)

I could also potentially come down south for a game at some point during the break. I've got reciprocals at Kingston Beach, Tasmania and Royal Hobart if that helps - never played any of them so it'd be a nice change.

Collis
12th December 2012, 02:30 PM
Or we could meet half was, all 3 you mentioned are nice.
Im easy also. Wouldnt mind a change of location.

I played oatlands in the State B grade champs, nice course for what it is.

kingslayer33
12th December 2012, 02:59 PM
I'm back in the state from the 25th on so may be available for a game some time, pending family commitments and the removalists turning up with our gear. Would be good to finally get a game Collis.

Collis
12th December 2012, 03:14 PM
That would be good, i think im free most of the break.

Trying to keep plans to a low - more time for golf lol...

BenM
12th December 2012, 03:40 PM
Yeah I think I'm off for the 2 weeks from the 24th onwards - don't have any plans aside from the usual family stuff on Christmas/Boxing Day..

There was talk of a mate going to Barnbougle at some stage so may head up there for a hit with him.... that wouldn't be a bad place to play either. Then again I lost enough balls at Lost Farm the other week that my taste for links golf might be sated for a while!

kingslayer33
12th December 2012, 04:15 PM
Fair enough Ben. If you venture to the good end of the isle we should play at Kingston since you have recips and I'm a member (but haven't been there for 12 months) easy to get Collis on also. My FIL said it is in good nick at the moment too.

Collis
12th December 2012, 04:28 PM
Kingston would be ok, havent played there in ages.
Like the course, saying that i never play well there.

Be good for comedy value

BenM
12th December 2012, 05:42 PM
Alrighty, I'll see how the cheese and kisses feels about a day trip (so I can sleep all the way home haha) - maybe in the week after Christmas.

Hopefully I can find something for her to do for 4 or 5 hours!

Edit: Actually the suggestion is maybe the 28th/29th/30th...

Collis
12th December 2012, 08:19 PM
Sunday the 30th be good for me?

BenM
12th December 2012, 08:33 PM
Haha... damn, sorry. I just realised we were looking at January this year's calendar and I posted the wrong dates. Damn using ye olde paper based calendars!

I actually meant to post the Thurs/Fri of that week which would be the 27th/28th - Sunday is a bit awkward, as the better half won't be able to go shopping etc and doesn't want to come! I could probably still make it though if that suits you guys better.

Otherwise the Mon/Tues/Wed the following week is probably good too (being NYE/NYD though, might not work, especially the Tuesday).

Collis
12th December 2012, 08:38 PM
I'd be good the 27th which is the Thursday, not sure about getting on the course down there though.

BenM
12th December 2012, 08:43 PM
No dramas... well I guess we'll have to see when kingslayer's available and give 'em a ring. I'm happy to play either day really but Thursday would probably keep SWMBO a bit happier :)

kingslayer33
12th December 2012, 09:21 PM
I'll find out whether anything is on and be in touch then.

BenM
16th December 2012, 09:40 PM
I have another player interested in coming down for this if we play on the 27th or the 28th so that should make 4.

kingslayer33
16th December 2012, 09:46 PM
Looks like nothing in particular is on so we should be fine. I'll sort it with the club for whichever day is best for you guys and then let the mrs know I'm booked in too.

Let me know what sort of time is good for you three.

BenM
16th December 2012, 09:58 PM
Cool bananas - the only thing about time is not too early (say not before about 9:30 or so) since I'll be driving down that morning and may have to drop the missus off somewhere in Hobart on the way through.

Collis
17th December 2012, 05:26 PM
I can do the 27th no worries, 28 I may struggle-I would have to have my phone on me is the only thing.

BenM
20th December 2012, 10:36 PM
What are our chances of getting on on the 27th? I've booked a couple of errands on the 28th now (up here). Nothing I can't shuffle around though.

kingslayer33
23rd December 2012, 10:19 PM
Either day is fine with me. Let me know which you want to go with.