PDA

View Full Version : Ray Cook Wedges

idgolfguy
11th December 2012, 01:20 PM
Anyone uses or used them?
Seemed very cheap for a set and the shape looks appealing.

Never seen one in captivity.

Sasquatch
11th December 2012, 02:30 PM
I had a gap & sand wedge & liked them. Mine had a nice heavy swingweight & very similar to the TM RAC wedges I use now for a lot less $$$. I foolishly included them in a iron set package deal for a friend.

idgolfguy
11th December 2012, 03:25 PM
Squizzys have them for $89 with delivery for 52, 56 and 60.

markTHEblake
11th December 2012, 03:48 PM
I am quite certain they are a plain head branded by them and at least one other does the same maybe more. So I think nothing special about them. Google would tell you more.

idgolfguy
11th December 2012, 03:53 PM
I did a cursory search and not much came up in terms of bounce configuration. The usual review sites came up. Thought I might check on any real users out there before i pulled the pin on them.

LarryLong
11th December 2012, 03:54 PM
As far as I can tell from some reading I did ages ago, Ray Cook putters used to be popular with the pros back in the day, and then the company went bust and somebody bought them up for the name. RockBottomGolf now sell them as a house brand, I think.

I think all clubs are the same, so I'm sure they're fine.

BenM
11th December 2012, 03:57 PM
I have a 3 wedge set, was pretty happy with them - great value at the price.

They're not in the bag any more though as 3 was too many to choose from!

BayBum
11th December 2012, 04:02 PM
Ray Cook putters were popular indeed but as for the wedges,at that price im sure you would find one of them works out of the 3.

They are probably similar to the golden bear wedge set from a few years back. Heavy heads with plenty of bounce. I found the 56 to my liking so kept it & gave the other 2 to someone who would get some use out of them.

PeteyD
11th December 2012, 05:39 PM
Rockbottom have em for $20 at the moment.

I got the Solus 7.1 off Rockbottom. They work pretty well.

markTHEblake
11th December 2012, 11:10 PM
ah, I remember now,. the bloke who founded/invented/runs Eidolon wedges used to be the bossman of Ray Cook.