PDA

View Full Version : Manny Pacquiao vs Juan Manuel Marquez.

TheNuclearOne
9th December 2012, 05:00 PM
Wow, just wow. Who could have expected such a dramatic conclusion. Glad i made the time to catch such a great little battle.

TheAwesom1
9th December 2012, 05:53 PM
No chance of Floyd v Manny now.

Jarro
9th December 2012, 05:57 PM
How did Manny not see that right bomb coming !?!

TheNuclearOne
9th December 2012, 07:59 PM
How did Manny not see that right bomb coming !?!

It was utter perfection. Manny had no hope, the timing was extraordinary. He came into it throwing his own jab and by the time the right lands JMM's head is actually behind Manny's right shoulder as he got everything on it. The punch is actually quite short. I was worried for Manny, he was out for a long time before he moved at all.

IamViva
9th December 2012, 08:02 PM
i feel for manny but it was bound to happen at some point. freddie roach has been voicing his opinion on how much time manny dedicates to his training since marquez III. its a shame, i thought the manny that destroyed the golden boy would have really tested floyd if not beat him...

TheNuclearOne
9th December 2012, 08:18 PM
It would have been a sensational matchup. I liked Floyd's speed and skill to sneak by Manny but anything could have happened. What we have with JMM is a guy whose natural style matches up crazily well vs Manny. Not many happy with the decision to Manny last bout, and it was supported by punchstat among other things.

LoveGolf2012
9th December 2012, 09:00 PM
No chance of Floyd v Manny now.

Floyd would cave his head in !

Captain Nemo
9th December 2012, 09:58 PM
Saw the highlights on Fox, wow!
Would love to see a replay of the whole fight...

TheAwesom1
9th December 2012, 10:16 PM
Floyd would cave his head in !
Yep. Manny has lost it. 3 bad fights in a row. Some People did suggest in the last fight between Manny and Marquez that Marquez should've won. This is bad for Boxing. What is the big fight that everyone wants to see now?

TourFit
9th December 2012, 10:24 PM
Best footage I could find...commentary in Spanish though.

One helluva punch!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_v4UYWnT0lI

JADO75
9th December 2012, 10:24 PM
Manny has been looking old for awhile now in my opinion. I don't like seeing someone get hurt but what a super shot from Marquez, short & sharp on the button equals sleepy time.

IamViva
10th December 2012, 12:12 AM
Manny has been looking old for awhile now in my opinion. I don't like seeing someone get hurt but what a super shot from Marquez, short & sharp on the button equals sleepy time.

i dont think manny has lost any ability or speed as such, he just doesnt look like the drive and dedication is there anymore. roach discussed that exact punch/setup on 24/7 for fight 3 as a danger when both camps analyzed each other. but still, he was knocked into next week by one hell of a punch. pacman by KO for number 5 ;)

Johnny Canuck
10th December 2012, 02:10 AM
Yep. Manny has lost it. 3 bad fights in a row. Some People did suggest in the last fight between Manny and Marquez that Marquez should've won. This is bad for Boxing. What is the big fight that everyone wants to see now?

You are obviously clueless about boxing and only read headlines.

Pacquiao was ahead on the scorecards and had already broken Marquez's nose in this fight. He got hit by a bomb that he didn't see coming.

The Bradley fight wasn't great, but it is by far one of the worst decisions in the history of boxing. How anyone can say Manny lost that fight is beyond me.

The fight before that was fight 3 against Marquez. You can't tell me that was a bad fight for him. These two are about as evenly matched as you can get.

LoveGolf2012
10th December 2012, 08:51 AM
I would not be surprised at all now if PACMAN hangs up the gloves.The Mayweather fight will never happen,so whats he got to prove? Nothing i feel,great career...

Johnny Canuck
10th December 2012, 09:49 AM
I would not be surprised at all now if PACMAN hangs up the gloves.The Mayweather fight will never happen,so whats he got to prove? Nothing i feel,great career...

I am a fan of his, but have to agree. Nothing left to prove and not worth risking another vicious knockout.

TourFit
10th December 2012, 11:19 AM
Manny was sayin' that it would be the last fight betwenn the two of them, and since has been saying there is a good chance of #5.

Hopefully he will retire now, as one of the all time greats surely. 9 World titles... It is natural that every great Champ gets beaten, Manny defeated Oscar De La Hoya to end that great fighters career (although Oscar did hang around a little too long IMO)

TheNuclearOne
10th December 2012, 04:37 PM
Manny was talking about doing it again just minuted after he regained consciousness. Can't see him retiring tho it'd be a fair call.

TheTrueReview
10th December 2012, 06:09 PM
http://1.cdn.tapcdn.com/images/thumbs/taps/2012/12/original-28-9acec9f1-original.gif

popper81
10th December 2012, 06:18 PM
http://1.cdn.tapcdn.com/images/thumbs/taps/2012/12/original-28-9acec9f1-original.gif Awesome

Johnny Canuck
10th December 2012, 06:23 PM
I wish the ko didn't have the steroid cloud hanging over it.

TheNuclearOne
10th December 2012, 07:11 PM
Nobodies been more suss than Manny the last few years tho. Here's a decent read

http://bymorgancampbell.wordpress.com/2012/12/08/manny-pacquiao-and-juan-manuel-marquez-mountain-of-muscle/

sms316
10th December 2012, 07:29 PM
The whole sport is a farce.