PDA

View Full Version : Scotty Cameron Experts....Please Help

Godscountry
9th December 2012, 11:23 AM
Hi Guys

I am looking at getting a new Newport 2 (the black one) and have to order it to my specs.
Ive been told by the shop im buying from that there is a Newport 2 and a Newport 2 SL.
I didnt know there was 2 different types (if in fact there is).
After looking at the Cameron website I am none the wiser.
Can anybody enlighten me as to what the 'SL' is. I am assuming sight line but want to be sure.

Thanks

Captain Nemo
9th December 2012, 11:55 AM
Newport has rounded bumpers and NO Sight Line
Newport 2 has Squarish bumpers with Sightline

timah!
9th December 2012, 12:38 PM
Have never heard of a SL variant though...

Godscountry
9th December 2012, 12:59 PM
Yeah neither had I.
I think it was just listed that way on his computer for some reason.
Thanks for the reassurance guys.

AlexMc
9th December 2012, 03:44 PM
It isn't SL for slant (mid-slant) is it?

Foburger
9th December 2012, 08:57 PM
Mid slant in usually referred to as midslant.
The only other newport 2 heads are the notchback and the cs.
SL is not a term I've heard from Scotty.

Captain Nemo
9th December 2012, 08:59 PM
I seriously think the pro has no idea and might have seen pics and said something like do you want a Newport with or without a sight line?

wazandnic
9th December 2012, 10:19 PM
I would agree with Alex and lean towards the sl meaning slant in their computer system. Seems logical to me. Doesn't mean it is a Newport SL just that's how they have it coded.

razaar
10th December 2012, 02:16 AM
Sl refers to Select line models. The putter is tweaked to the customers wishes - finish, different colour sight line etc. Golf WRX did an article on it in July this year.

wazandnic
10th December 2012, 12:58 PM
Sl refers to Select line models. The putter is tweaked to the customers wishes - finish, different colour sight line etc. Golf WRX did an article on it in July this year.

I thought the only customer changes you could order through Titleist would be length, lie, weight.

Finish, colour, site line, etc. would need to be done through the Scotty Custom Shop, I believe??? And from my understanding you can't even send the putter to the Custom Shop direct from Titleist?

timah!
10th December 2012, 01:50 PM
I thought the only customer changes you could order through Titleist would be length, lie, weight.

Finish, colour, site line, etc. would need to be done through the Scotty Custom Shop, I believe??? And from my understanding you can't even send the putter to the Custom Shop direct from Titleist?

Ding ding. This.
The Select line is the black finished models from earlier this year.
And finish changes are CS only.

Godscountry
10th December 2012, 02:55 PM
Ive ordered it now so we will see what comes through. I had to order a 34 inch shaft and my best guess is that it was just listed as sl on their computer system. Its a Newport 2 so I will let you know if there is any difference when it comes in.
Doesnt matter really because im in no hurry and if its not the exact putter im after they will just send it back.
Thanks for the help guys.

Captain Nemo
10th December 2012, 03:00 PM
:smt017
Cant beleive you've ordered a $300 Ping Anser Copy and not know exactly what your getting?
:mrgreen:

Godscountry
10th December 2012, 03:40 PM
Maybe I didnt explain myself clearly.
I have tested the putter, I am happy with the putter as long as I get what I have ordered.
If there is any chance that the putter isnt what I want or to my specs, the onus is on the shop to get me what I ordered.
I havent paid a cent so far and will not until the putter is in my hands and I am satisfied.
No risk to me.
I wasnt aware that ping ansers (of which I have one) came with adjustable weights in the bottom?
I also like the look of the putter I ordered which is important.

Captain Nemo
10th December 2012, 04:06 PM
I'm taking the piss bro....;)

Godscountry
10th December 2012, 04:18 PM
Sweet, didnt want to get narky.
After looking at whats in your bag, I gather that you dont have a real problem with SC putters.
I dont think my first will get the pimping treatment that yours seem to get :)

Captain Nemo
10th December 2012, 04:22 PM
Hahaha, all good mate, enjoy!
Let us know how it goes....
What are the actual specs?

Lagerlover
10th December 2012, 04:57 PM
I have a question.

As I am now a Scotty collector, and have been for just under 5 hours.

WHY VELCRO?

IanO
12th December 2012, 12:31 PM
I have a question.

As I am now a Scotty collector, and have been for just under 5 hours.

WHY VELCRO?

^^^^ This! I 100% agree, why don't they go to magnetic closure?

Dotty
12th December 2012, 12:46 PM
Velcro covers are supposed to get tatty quicker than magnetic covers, so you can be tempted by their limited edition covers sooner.

IanO
12th December 2012, 12:58 PM
Velcro covers are supposed to get tatty quicker than magnetic covers, so you can be tempted by their limited edition covers sooner.
DOH! I should have realised. Although I never actually use my Scotty Headcovers because the velcro gets tatty and now I have this great OzGolf headcover with my name on it :mrgreen: