PDA

View Full Version : Broke 80 (Finally!)

Ronny
8th December 2012, 01:44 PM
Well it finally happened. The starts aligned, the driving was great, chipping good and putting good.

I hit 79 off the stick today (39/40) Par 70. the comp was a 4BBB stableford. I know it cant be handicapped but even still for me its an achievement Completed every hole and had no wipes! Partner and I had 53 points. he had 83 off the stick (21 H'Cap). we worked out I had 42 points on my own!

For those interested in went like this:

Par, Par, Bird, Double, Double, Par, Par, Bogey, Par, Par, Double, Bogey, Par, Par, Bogey, Par, Bogey, Par.

Bring on Next weekend!!

matty
8th December 2012, 02:02 PM
Well done Ronny. Hopefully it starts to happen more often.

timah!
8th December 2012, 02:05 PM
Nice work Ronny!

Jarro
8th December 2012, 02:07 PM
Nice work Ronny!

+1 :cool:

BayBum
8th December 2012, 02:07 PM
With 3 doubles to boot ! Well done Ron,onward & upward's :)

sms316
8th December 2012, 02:11 PM
Doesn't count in a best ball, but well done anyway.

Ronny
8th December 2012, 02:16 PM
Thanks boys! I was waiting for the doesn't count call!!

Now for some rums and replay the round in my head while watching real golfers on telly!

sms316
8th December 2012, 02:20 PM
Thanks boys! I was waiting for the doesn't count call!! Because deep down you know it's true?

hocko
8th December 2012, 02:23 PM
Geez you're harsh Shorn!

Julie
8th December 2012, 02:24 PM
4bbb should and can be handicapped. Your handicapper should be going through all cards that scored 42 and better. There is a special formula that they use for the holes that have no score against them.

Well done, good on you.:)

sms316
8th December 2012, 02:28 PM
Geez you're harsh Shorn! Not really. You can get advice in a best ball and strategy can change significantly.

Ronny
8th December 2012, 02:28 PM
Thanks Julie. I asked the club captain if it was handicapped and he said no. Will check golflink later though and see if anything is put up. I thought it was you had to be on the card 13 times or more and over a specific score.

Not phased about the counts/doesn't count argument. All I know is I hit a golf ball 79 times in 18 holes of golf! I'll take that and enjoy it until next round!

hocko
8th December 2012, 02:36 PM
I hit a golf ball at least 79 times a round too. :)

Hatchman
8th December 2012, 02:51 PM
Well done Ronny on reaching one of the big personal milestones. If you played out every hole it counts.
I know where I play the 4BBB events are played as individual stableford and a third card with the best scores is submitted for the four ball. All players are handicapped on their cards.
I know some will say the game can be played differently with strategy as a team. Well yes and you can do it as an individual in par and stableford comps as well by going for broke when you've only got one shot to make a score. Some times it comes off and some times it doesn't. Truth is any thing but stroke makes you play differently so no foul IMHO.

Now it's happened, the lids off and you may be surprised at how quick you repeat it.

Julie
8th December 2012, 02:54 PM
Not sure exactly how many times on the card etc, it has been quite a few years since I have been a handicapper, but I can ask Russell tonight, otherwise NK will know.

Webster
8th December 2012, 03:17 PM
Did you putt out on every hole, including the double bogies?

Ronny
8th December 2012, 03:20 PM
Sure did Jack! On every hole the ball ended in the bottom of the cup!

Lobsta
8th December 2012, 03:21 PM
I hit a golf ball at least 79 times a round too. :)

I heard that dc once hit the hosel 79 times in a round.

Lobsta
8th December 2012, 03:21 PM
And was still favourite to win.

Webster
8th December 2012, 03:24 PM
Sure did Jack! On every hole the ball ended in the bottom of the cup!

What did your partner have on those holes you doubled?

Ronny
8th December 2012, 03:26 PM
From memory, he had the same on a couple of the holes and got par on one of them.

Webster
8th December 2012, 03:28 PM
How many 5 pointers did you blokes have?

Ronny
8th December 2012, 03:32 PM
I can think of one, maybe two

Hatchman
8th December 2012, 03:37 PM
5 pointer, what's that? Can't remember the last time I had one of them on my card.

mrbluu
8th December 2012, 07:13 PM
Well it finally happened. The starts aligned, the driving was great, chipping good and putting good.

I hit 79 off the stick today (39/40) Par 70. the comp was a 4BBB stableford. I know it cant be handicapped but even still for me its an achievement Completed every hole and had no wipes! Partner and I had 53 points. he had 83 off the stick (21 H'Cap). we worked out I had 42 points on my own!

Par, Par, Bird, Double, Double, Par, Par, Bogey, Par, Par, Double, Bogey, Par, Par, Bogey, Par, Bogey, Par.

Bring on Next weekend!!

Great work!!!

Captain Nemo
9th December 2012, 10:12 AM
Well don Ronny, I can't remember the last time I broke 80....:(

Steve57
9th December 2012, 10:37 AM
Anyone on the card 9 times and with a team score of 42 or greater should be handicapped in a 4BBB unless other conditions of play prohibit it.

LeftyHoges
9th December 2012, 12:06 PM
Anyone on the card 9 times and with a team score of 42 or greater should be handicapped in a 4BBB unless other conditions of play prohibit it.

This.

Peter
9th December 2012, 12:35 PM
Congratulations on conquering the game.

Flavzz
9th December 2012, 01:05 PM
Great work mate! Breaking 80 is a cool feeling. I remember making a breaking 6 footer for my first 79 and now i dont play much im lucky to break 90. Keep it up!

Ronny
9th December 2012, 01:32 PM
Thanks guys! Yes awesome feeling, now I know I can do it, the plan is to try for more.

From all accounts we took out the comp by one shot! can't tell cause the clubsite hasn't been updated and nothing in the paper today!

catch22
9th December 2012, 02:05 PM
Nice work Ronny!

Was an awesome feeling when I broke 90, so must be great to break 80!

As for scoring, I did a 4BBB the other week and it didnt count even though I had a nett 70 :( No ones scores counted that day apparently

Hatchman
9th December 2012, 07:51 PM
Nice work Ronny!

Was an awesome feeling when I broke 90, so must be great to break 80!

As for scoring, I did a 4BBB the other week and it didnt count even though I had a nett 70 :( No ones scores counted that day apparently

You've been ripped off catch22.

Why are so many clubs not following the rules for handicapping as per Golf Australia. They're fairly easy to find and not that difficult to follow?
Do we have too many old fuddy duddy's running clubs by what was done in the past or by what they think is right according to them???

GSP
9th December 2012, 08:16 PM
It' doesn't count if the par is 70

sms316
9th December 2012, 08:26 PM
You've been ripped off catch22.Why are so many clubs not following the rules for handicapping as per Golf Australia. They're fairly easy to find and not that difficult to follow?Do we have too many old fuddy duddy's running clubs by what was done in the past or by what they think is right according to them??? Probably because they are a pain in the arse to administer. The simple solution is to rid the game of best-balls altogether.

Webster
9th December 2012, 08:32 PM
No SMS, it's simpler than that. They should just record the 4bbb score against both players for handicapping purposes, ie 54 points counts as a played to 0 for both players.

Hatchman
9th December 2012, 09:59 PM
Probably because they are a pain in the arse to administer. The simple solution is to rid the game of best-balls altogether.

It's not hard to administer if they bothered to learn what to do.
The easy way to handicap the whole field on the round is, everyone plays the round keeping individual scores and a 3rd card is submitted with the better ball scores for the pairing and the comp. The 3rd card can be done during the round or after.

catch22
9th December 2012, 10:42 PM
It's not hard to administer if they bothered to learn what to do.
The easy way to handicap the whole field on the round is, everyone plays the round keeping individual scores and a 3rd card is submitted with the better ball scores for the pairing and the comp. The 3rd card can be done during the round or after.

I actually thought it would count as it was 4BBB stroke, everyone just filled out their normal stroke card (and played like a normal stroke round) and onegolf (computer system) did the rest....
But oh well, not the end of the world

razaar
10th December 2012, 09:18 AM
Well done Ronny, breaking 80 for the first time gets the adrenaline pumping. It pumps even faster when it happens in a single stroke event.

Slicer23
10th December 2012, 11:02 AM
Awesome stuff Ronny, I remember when I 1st broke 80! Man it was a weight off the shoulders. You know you can do it now and expect it every time. Well done

WeekendHacker
10th December 2012, 11:22 AM
Well done Ronny!!!! Nice to finally break that hoodoo and now I am sure you will be able to do this more often.

Very simple process for this. Have done this on many an occasion. From the Golf Australia handiap docs:

(v) Four-ball scores (including mixed events) MUST be used for handicapping an individual player but only if the following requirements are met:
The pair has a score of at least 42 Stableford points (6 up in Par or net 6 under in Stroke events).
The individual player's score appears at least 9 times on the four-ball score card.
The adjusted score (after the below method has been followed to create an individual score card) produces a handicap differential which is equal to or better than the individual player’s handicap.
Note i: WHERE AN INDIVIDUAL PLAYER’S SCORE IS TO BE HANDICAPPED (irrespective of whether the competition is played as Par, Stroke, or Stableford), IT MUST BE PROCESSED AS A STABLEFORD SCORE in
accordance with the procedures contained within this regulation.
Note ii: If two identical net scores are recorded by partners on a hole, both scores are eligible to be used on an adjusted individual score card. However, if the first player to hole out can be
readily identified, the second player is deemed to have not recorded a score for that hole.
Note iii: When both players have 0 Stableford points on a hole, for the purposes of creating an adjusted individual score card, each player will have 0 points listed on the individual card for
this hole.
PROCEDURE FOR CREATING INDIVIDUAL SCORE CARD FROM FOUR-BALL SCORE CARD FOR HANDICAPPING PURPOSES:
~ When a player has no handicap stroke on a hole and their score is not recorded on the four-ball card, they are given 1 Stableford point.
~ On holes where a player receives 1, 2, or 3 handicap strokes and their score is not recorded on the four-ball card, they are given 1½ Stableford points.
~ When a player’s score counts on the four-ball card for a hole, they are given the appropriate number of Stableford points for that hole.
~ When all the gaps in the card have been filled in, the points are totalled, and where a half appears in the total, the points total is rounded to the next lower whole number.
The score obtained is recorded in the player’s handicap record and treated in the same way as all singles scores for handicap purposes.

Monsta
10th December 2012, 12:31 PM
Well done Ronny, yet to crack the magic 80 at my club, have come close but still not under.

BenM
10th December 2012, 12:55 PM
Well done Ronny - must be a great feeling! I'll know for sure when I get there... haha.

popper81
10th December 2012, 02:31 PM
Ronny, can you give Marto any tips?

Marto65
10th December 2012, 02:39 PM

Nice threadjack mate ... cant you just give the guy some kudos and move on?

popper81
10th December 2012, 02:42 PM

Nice threadjack mate ... cant you just give the guy some kudos and move on?

I have previously... Just trying to help you out, mate..

Sorry Ronny ;)

Mububban
12th December 2012, 03:26 PM

Bring on Next weekend!!

Great stuff, I hope to get there myself one day :)

Ronny
12th December 2012, 03:51 PM
Thanks guys, another couple of days until a single stab event to try it all again!

No worries for the threadjack popper, I checked Martos golflink and and can see why you are wanting to help!!!!!!! :lol:

Shadesy
12th December 2012, 04:46 PM
Our club never handicaps 4bbb.

I was on the card 16 times for 39 points and nothing, when queried they said its not a rule.

Well done Ronny. Great feeling.

Next challenge par 72!

LeftyHoges
12th December 2012, 05:01 PM

I was on the card 16 times for 39 points and nothing, when queried they said its not a rule.

That would be because it fails the "needs to be at or above the equivalent of 6 under par nett" criteria. :lol:

Daves
12th December 2012, 06:46 PM

Well done Ronny. Great feeling.

Next challenge par 72!

And they would be wrong, it is a requirement of the handicap system.

Your club handicapper colludes with you on the Sandbagging then Shadesy?

Shadesy
12th December 2012, 06:47 PM
And they would be wrong, it is a requirement of the handicap system.

Your club handicapper colludes with you on the Sandbagging then Shadesy?

4bbb is my speciality ;-)