PDA

View Full Version : 1st TEST SQUAD.

raidrboy
27th October 2005, 11:54 AM
With the announcement of the Australian side for the 1st Test against the WI, I suggest that if Brad Hodge ever wants to play a test match for Australia he should immediately transfer to New South Wales.

SQUAD.

Hayden.
Langer.
Ponting.
Clarke.
Katich.
Watson.
Gilchrist.
Warne.
Lee.
Bracken. :?:
McGrath.
MacGill.

drunken
27th October 2005, 12:00 PM
Only 6 from NSW.... :lol:

AndyP
27th October 2005, 12:08 PM
Bracken bowled very well in the recent domestic one-dayer at the Gabba (4 for bugger-all), but I don't really want to see him wearing the baggy green.

So much for the speculating news reports about Hodge playing. :roll: :x

Matt 3 Jab
27th October 2005, 12:20 PM
Yea, NSW have alot of players, but Braken deserves the baggy green IMO

3oneday
27th October 2005, 01:03 PM
I really thought they should have dropped Hayden for Phil Jaques....

:wink:

Grunt
27th October 2005, 02:51 PM
Todays paper has a bit about Hohns going to pick Watson to play and MacGill wont play in the test. 3 Seamers + Warne. Hohns is a QLDer isn't he? Watson is a Pie Chucker [-X , I don't care where MacGill or anyone for that matter comes from he has to play in all the tests this year except Perth Maybe The main reson we lost the Ashes was he was twiddling his thumbs while he should have been bowling poms out.

Jarro
27th October 2005, 06:48 PM
i like the side. I think we'll do well.

terryand
27th October 2005, 07:47 PM
Mee too,I think bracken is a good choice....if he's on his game.
Terry.

Jarro
27th October 2005, 08:46 PM
no way MacGill will get a run at the 'Gabba [-(

McMw
27th October 2005, 09:48 PM
damn...if the WIndies batsmen can't play spin for crap...why not bowl both... :?

3oneday
28th October 2005, 04:12 AM
I think 4 of the Windies batsmen are lefties, which sorta negates legspin a little. I thought I read Warne and MacGill bowl better, or prefer to bowl, at righties !!!

Pete

Jarro
28th October 2005, 04:48 AM
Warne's got awesome figures at the 'Gabba, but it's not really a spinners wicket .... more a seamers. With the weather the way it's been lately, you'd be surprised if they didn't play 4 quicks.

Fishman Dan
28th October 2005, 06:47 AM
Warne's got awesome figures at the 'Gabba, but it's not really a spinners wicket .... more a seamers. With the weather the way it's been lately, you'd be surprised if they didn't play 4 quicks.

It's his most productive ground. Get some figures to back up your statement. Warne is unplayable there because of the extra bounce he gets.

Hard to see MacGill playing, Bracken is in for sure.

AndyP
28th October 2005, 07:29 AM
Hard to see MacGill playing, Bracken is in for sure.
Especially with the current humid weather conditions.  Should be swinging quite a bit.

Warney's best bowling figures are at the Gabba, when he had 8 wickets against the Poms.  I went to that test. :D
Did he say it was his favourite Aussie pitch to bowl on once, because of the bounce?

Just looked at his record.  Overall average, 25.03, Gabba average, 20.05, best 8/71.

Courty
28th October 2005, 08:23 AM
Any of you Brisneylanders going to this test match?

AndyP
28th October 2005, 08:27 AM
Any of you Brisneylanders going to this test match?
I'll be there on the Saturday.
I hope I get to see Warney bowl, it's been a while. [-o<

markTHEblake
30th October 2005, 03:14 PM
The Windies are giving Qld a hammering. For a very long time Qld has had first crack at touring sides, and the normally win comfortably, which certainly helps demoralise tourists for the first test.

Hopefully this is a sign we are in for a good summer of cricket.

Jarro
1st November 2005, 06:20 PM
shame Langer is out .... i think he might've scored well at the 'Gabba, but on the other hand, i'm really glad that Hussey got the job .... he's been a standout in the domestic comp for ages + he did really well in the one-dayers in england 8)

can't see MacGill getting a run up here :wink:

BrisWesty
1st November 2005, 07:40 PM
Hope he gets to roll the arm over. Looking forward to Gilly being able to yell down the pitch, "Bowled Hussey". :lol:

AndyP
1st November 2005, 08:52 PM
Hodge has been well and truly rogered. :evil:

Bruce
1st November 2005, 09:21 PM
Hodge has been well and truly rogered. :evil:

Short of multiple injuries to bats in the current side that was probably the last shot for Brad Hodge. He can sit next to Jamie Siddons and think on what might have been.

I am big wraps for Hussey though. He has taken the spot that Bevan used to play and showed us the future. Bevan was all about the boring Bobby Simpson model from overs 20-35 but Hussey keeps on attacking. Will he be able to temper that under test conditions when it is time for holding on rather than attacking? Time will tell. That was our key failing in the Ashes and I hope the lesson has been learned.