PDA

View Full Version : NSW OzGolf Stroke Championships 7th January 2006

Grunt
27th October 2005, 06:57 AM
Hey NSW OzGolfers we should get off our butts and have more NSW Events. How abouts once every 3 months we have a OzGolf Medal day?

The winner of the nett score gets to organise the next event unless the same person wins more than once then the runner up gets the honour.

At the end of the year (Championship time) we could then have a NSW Scratch Champ and Nett Champ. After some thinking about it all I feel the nett winner should be the major prize as we are golfers covered by heaps of levels of ability?

How does that sound guys?

1st Round 7th January 2006 Course TBA

Fishman Dan
27th October 2005, 07:42 AM
Sounds great......

..... if someone else organises it 8)

3oneday
27th October 2005, 07:43 AM
Sounds great......

..... if someone else organises it 8)I'm with Dan....

100%

8)

Andrew
27th October 2005, 07:45 AM
100%
8)

I'm more 73.673%

Jono
27th October 2005, 07:46 AM
Sounds good to me too ...

Why don't you organise the first one, Grant, and then we can get the winner to organise the following event. 8)

Grunt
27th October 2005, 07:58 AM
Hey I have tried heaps, I think the best showing for me has been 6 players.
Is it playing at Mac Grange?

I can get us all on Mac Grange on any Saturday in the comp. Only thing is that the only comp that is scratch is the monthly medal, last saturday of the month. Every other Saturday is normally Individual + 2B teams event. Everyone with AGU would be eligible for $50 Voucher Visitors Prize + NTP & Long Drive. The thing with playing in the comp is that instead of having to pay $39 for the round + cart hire, it would be $20 + cart hire.

Let me know a weekend where the most of you are free and if I am off too I will book it.

Grunt
27th October 2005, 08:04 AM
I have added a poll with the dates that I can organise a game.

3oneday
27th October 2005, 08:04 AM
Is it playing at Mac Grange?.can we get Pinglauncher to drive us ????

:lol: :lol:

Pinglauncher
27th October 2005, 10:20 AM
Is it playing at Mac Grange?.can we get Pinglauncher to drive us ????

:lol:  :lol:

Cheap Shot

:smt038 :smt005 :smt082 :smt038 :smt005 :smt082

Jarro
27th October 2005, 10:46 AM
i went with the 10th December.

just seems like a good date to me.

Grunt
27th October 2005, 11:37 AM
So I can count you in Jarro, there is a no show penalty for this event. :D

Virgal_Tracy
27th October 2005, 11:53 AM
I think we fine Jarro $157,000 for sticking his cane toad nose into Blues business. At the very least it will move us all up 1 spot in the POTY money list.

Some would say justice for all the tyre kicking and thread jacking.

Now I just have to come up with suitable fines for another 37 people and I could be leading the money list.

In the immortal words of Tim Mander "Woo Hoo"

3oneday
27th October 2005, 12:06 PM
I think we fine Jarro $157,000 for sticking his cane toad nose into Blues business. At the very least it will move us all up 1 spot in the POTY money list.

Some would say justice for all the tyre kicking and thread jacking. :-#

Matt 3 Jab
27th October 2005, 12:10 PM
I'd be in for it, i havent played with any of you so id like that oppotunity!

3oneday
27th October 2005, 12:14 PM
I'd be in for it, i havent played with any of you so id like that oppotunity!yeah, I wouldn't count Trung either 8)

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Pinglauncher
27th October 2005, 12:36 PM
I'd be in for it, i havent played with any of you so id like that oppotunity!

Be careful what you wish for Matt :wink:

amanda
27th October 2005, 03:13 PM
Excellent idea Grant! One question - what if we can't play a stroke event? We just play stroke but score stableford for the comp of the day we are playing at?

Dates after the new year are best for me as the 10th is going to be our early Xmas party (since we won't be in town)

Grunt
27th October 2005, 03:33 PM
Yeah playing stroke on a Stableford event day should not be a problem just might mean a later tee off time (9am or so) so we are out of everyones way.

3oneday
27th October 2005, 04:17 PM
Why would we want to play stroke anyway ??? if that wasn't the event of the day ?? I'm lost sorry !!!

:? :?

marcel
27th October 2005, 04:35 PM
I'm lost sorry !!!

When you can take the stone from my hand grasshopper you will be on the way to self discovery

Why would we want to play stroke anyway ??? if that wasn't the event of the day

Grant's original post mentions ozgolf medal day

Grunt
27th October 2005, 04:39 PM
For the NSW Stroke Title Pete, it would just be that we dont pick up and get a stroke score to carry forward to the next round. If it every 3 months that an event is a dedicated NSW Strokeplay event then that would add to the other 3 to give the final NSW Strokeplay Champ.

3oneday
27th October 2005, 05:06 PM
I'm lost sorry !!!

When you can take the stone from my hand grasshopper you will be on the way to self discoverybloody hell, that'll just confuse me more !!! oh grasshopper !!!

Why would we want to play stroke anyway ??? if that wasn't the event of the day

Grant's original post mentions ozgolf medal dayahhh, waste of time if stroke, we have 25 or so down to whatever Speirsy feels like playing off for the month !!!! :wink: :lol: :lol:

IMHO of course....

Pete

Pinglauncher
27th October 2005, 05:19 PM
Now I am in trouble. Not only will I have the massive issue of trying to follow a street directory :shock: , but to top it off I need to count every shot.

I will make sure I have a GPS and calculator for the day :wink:

Either of the January days are probably okay.

Grunt
27th October 2005, 05:21 PM
There will be a nett winner of course Pete, why would I try to organise something for someone else to win the prize. I may be a C grade player but the thinking bit ain't C grade. [-(

Also to add to the things we are tossing in the air about how to go about this. I think it should be 3 out of 4 rounds count for those of us who work shift work or just can't make it to one game.

Matt 3 Jab
31st October 2005, 08:52 AM
Sorry Trung, Amanda and Jim!!!! What i meant to say was i havent played with many of you :D Any day is good for me now.

Grunt
31st October 2005, 09:19 AM
So would me getting the ball rolling with organising a game at Macarthur Grange on Saturday 7th January 2006 be good for most of you. Also with this much notice almost everyone should have no excuse to not turn up. How many would be a good figure to get the ball rolling? 3 or 4 groups? Should not be a problem with a tee off time of about 9am.
Price would be $39 for people with an AGU Handicap. I may even be able to book it this week if it sounds like a good idea to you guys & girls.

Andrew
31st October 2005, 03:20 PM
I'll even try to make this one .........

......... or is that going to turn more people off #-o

miro
31st October 2005, 04:04 PM
The wife and I are keen any saturday -afterall she is the reigning champ from last event (the Springs or whatever its called).

We are also not perturbed by the amount a round costs and accordingly would suggest we aim for more rounds at Riverside Oaks and Camden Lakeside -both are good courses and readily available on a Saturday.

I would even suggest a once a year trip to the Vintage or similar.

Andrew
31st October 2005, 06:35 PM
We are also not perturbed by the amount a round costs and accordingly would suggest we aim for more rounds at Riverside Oaks and Camden Lakeside -both are good courses and readily available on a Saturday.

I would even suggest a once a year trip to the Vintage or similar.

The costs aren't too worrying for me either, so I'd be happy to play CL, RO or Vin.

jimandr
31st October 2005, 10:28 PM
I voted for the 14th before I read Grunt's post suggesting the 7th. I'm probably available for either, so I'll be there.

My one suggestion is that we make it a proper 4 round event, with a 'reserve day' available for those who make three of the four rounds, but miss one due to unavoidable circumstances. Ideally, the 'reserve day' would be played before the last round so that all players would play the last round knowing the leader board situation.

The last round would have to be seeded, with the two gross score leaders and the two nett score leaders paired.

I like the idea of the 'winner' organising the next round. Brings up all sorts of possibilities if the third round 'winner' is in contention for the total score. They could pick and choose the fourth round venue depending on the perceived weaknesses of the opposition.

My financial criteria depends on value for money and ease of availability. In my view both Camden Lakeside and Riverside Oaks are too expensive for what you get, but I'll still turn up if they become the venue.

Jono
1st November 2005, 03:28 AM
Sounds good to me. I wouldn't mind another go at Riverside Oaks (when the greens are actually playable) and another go at Lakeside (when the winds aren't blowing 50 mph) ... :lol:

I can't play on the 14th, but I can do 7th. So a vote for the 7th for me.

Grunt
6th November 2005, 05:18 PM
Well it looks af if the 7th January 2006 is going to be the date for the 1st round of the NSW OzGolfers Stroke Championships. I will organise the 1st round with the winner of each round responsible for organising the next. Trying to have it all decided before the 2006 OzGolf Championship would be a good idea.

Now is the time to set some basic rules, I like Jim's suggestion for 3 out of 4 rounds to count. This will enable those who can't make all 4 rounds a chance at taking out the event. For those who do play in all 4 rounds they will just drop their worst round off.
As we have a wide variety of golf ability in our group I think to give everyone a chance of winning the main prize should be the nett winner. I know this is against most golfers ideals but having a scratch winner would mean only 3 or 4 of us can win and the rest of us are just making up the numbers. We will still have a scratch winner. Also would a $5 entry fee per round be too much enable the purchase of prizes?

How does that all sound to you guys/girls?

Grunt
6th November 2005, 05:20 PM
We lost the poll in the site downtime but the 7th was the most popular time.

AndyP
6th November 2005, 05:24 PM
We lost the poll in the site downtime but the 7th was the most popular time.
I noticed the poll was missing, but checked a few others and they were intact. Either you had an expiry date on the poll, or losing Matt 3 Jab as a user stuffed the poll up. :smt102

Good work on organising some OZgolf days for the NSW guys.

Grunt
6th November 2005, 05:30 PM
no problem the general gist of when people could and could not play was evident before the site went down .

Grunt
4th December 2005, 07:49 PM
The 7th January 2005 will be the date for the 1st Rnd of the NSW OzGolf Stroke Champs. It will be held @ Macarthur Grange Country Club. I will get us a time but it will more than likely be around 9am. More details in the 1st tee section of the Forum.

AndyP
4th December 2005, 07:51 PM
Any protests from the other members about home course advantage?

Grunt
4th December 2005, 08:16 PM
The way it works Andy is that the winner of each round will have to organise the next. I did not even think of home course advantage. If anyone has problem I guess I could change it, it was just easier for me to organise.

AndyP
4th December 2005, 10:17 PM
The way it works Andy is that the winner of each round will have to organise the next. I did not even think of home course advantage. If anyone has problem I guess I could change it, it was just easier for me to organise.
Just screwing with your mind, Grunt.

Grunt
6th December 2005, 09:49 AM
Just a reminder the winner on the 9th has to organise the next round.

The reason for the first round being so early is that if we dont start early the 5 rounds may not get played in a year, just look at how long the matchplay went for :shock:

Proposed Calendar

January 1st round
2nd round to be played by end of March
3rd round to be played by the end of June
4th round to be played by end of August
5th round to be played by Sunday November 13

The reasons for the games to be finished by Sunday November 13 is so we will have a NSW stroke champ by the time the OZGolf Champs are on in late November.

Also if the possibility of somebody winning 2 rounds happens what do you think we should do. Should he/she still have to organise the next round or should we pass on the reponsibilty to the person coming second so as not to have someone have to organise 2 rounds?

AndyP
6th December 2005, 10:46 AM
The reasons for the games to be finished by Sunday November 13 is so we will have a NSW stroke champ by the time the OZGolf Champs are on in late November.
The date for the Champs hasn't been determined yet, so don't base too much around it, although it should be in the November area.

Perhaps the Champs could be a 6th round for the NSW stroke champ?

Grunt
7th January 2006, 04:43 PM
OK
For all the guys and girls that played today, after the prizes for the day were paid for I have $24 left over to pay for the overall prizes/Trophies. If we keep that up for the future rounds we should be able to get some good prizes for overall. :) Did $10 per player on top of the comp fees work out ok for everyone?

amanda
7th January 2006, 04:51 PM
Grant - $10 was cool with me.

Grunt
8th January 2006, 07:12 PM
Hey what do you guys think of having more rounds in the Champs?
If we hav it Bi-monthly we will get 6 rounds in. How does this sound?
Jan Round 1
March Round 2
May Round 3
July Round 4
September Round 5
November Round 6

That way we could have 2 dropped rounds to cover people not being able to get to events and if something pops up ie. holidays, work etc. they won't be out of the event.

Fishman Dan
8th January 2006, 07:44 PM
If you build it, they will come.

Get going on another round now i reckon. You organised the last one so well, why don't you do Round 2 as well? ;)

I'm out mid-late Feb :?

Grunt
8th January 2006, 07:59 PM
Dan

I actually enjoyed organising the round, it was a little stressful getting it off the ground but everyone turned up on time and behaved themselves. I hope everyone was happy with the prizes, I should have posted what everyone won I will do in a second. It was hard getting prizes that everyone would be happy with.
I think the format of the winner organising the next round helps things out and shares the workload of getting this series off the ground. Miro & Mrs Miro mentioned that they will be away for 2 months yesterday so Jono may have the responsibility of organising the next round.

Grunt
8th January 2006, 08:21 PM
Macarthur Grange Country Club

Saturday Competition

7/1/2006

CCR - 70

Event: Individual Stableford + 2 BBB Stableford

Div 1: G. Ceissman (12) 37 Points Voucher

Div 2: N. Ussia (26) 43 Points Voucher

2BBB Winners: G. Mason (27) + M. Murray (17) 46 Points c/b Voucher

Ladies: A. Mirams (11 - Ryde Parramatta) 35 Points Voucher

Visitor: A Zachariou (11 - The Grange) 39 Points Voucher

Nearest The Pins

2nd Hole: S. Murgatroyd 2 Balls

15th Hole: S. Dolan 2 Balls

Longest Drive

10th Hole: A. Dodwell 2 Balls

Ball Rundown

T. Lawson 39 Points 1 Ball

S. Park 39 Points 1 Ball

R. Awadallah 38 Points 1 Ball

M. Zipevski 37 Points 1 Ball

Congrats Alison

Grunt
8th January 2006, 09:25 PM
AndyP

Can the OzGolf Nsw Champs leaderboard thread be a sticky to keep it near the top?

Jono
8th January 2006, 10:24 PM
Miro & Mrs Miro mentioned that they will be away for 2 months yesterday so Jono may have the responsibility of organising the next round.

Miro said they would be away for 5 weeks. So the timing for the next game would be perfect when they return.

I think they were saying either Riverside Oaks or Camden Lakeside. If I were to organize, I'd probably opt for one of those as well.

AndyP
8th January 2006, 11:19 PM
AndyP

Can the OzGolf Nsw Champs leaderboard thread be a sticky to keep it near the top?
I suppose. Don't want the sticky area getting too cluttered though.