PDA

View Full Version : Anytime Fitness

timah!
30th November 2012, 05:22 PM
Are there any AF members on here?
Am starting to consider whether I join a gym for once I start travelling again in the new year, or just try and convince myself to use the TRX better.

For the locations that I will travel to in a year, Anytime has the most gyms to suit.

So really after some customer experience feedback - how are the gyms set out? Do they have a good range of equipment? Pricing? etc...

Cheers,

Tim

Grunt
30th November 2012, 10:32 PM
Yeah am a member, My gym is brand new and it fills all the boxes. All equipment is new.

timah!
30th November 2012, 10:44 PM
What sort of gear though? Is there a decent weights area or all pin/plate loaded machines?

Grunt
30th November 2012, 10:46 PM
Mainly Pin plated with heaps of Dumbells, No benches with bar bells though. Warm up & Stretching Area is good.

dhills2
3rd December 2012, 09:51 AM
My local AF didn't get my business recently because of poor customer service and average facilities. My gf is a member there so I thought I'd join but they would only give me the price they first offered if I signed up for 18 months. I explained that I was happy to pay up front until the same time as my gf's membership expires mid next year or that I'd possibly sign up for 12 months but they said 18 months was the only way I'd get the rate offered. The equipment except for the cardio machines all looked a bit outdated as well and the atmosphere wasn't as impressive as the gym that I ended up joining.

For what it's worth I looked at almost every gym on the Central Coast and ended up choosing Genesis Fitness & thus far I'm extremely happy with my decision. However, I think frachise gyms really depend on the individual owners & you just need to consider what is important to you in a gym. For example, I couldn't care less about 24/7 because I'm never going to go to the gym in the middle of the night! However, I did want the newest cardio machines with TVs built in so I could watch the cricket over the summer while burning some calories. I also wanted free classes & a variety of equipment so I can vary my workouts and keep it interesting.

dhills2
3rd December 2012, 09:52 AM
...and look out for direct debit fees & having to give written notice to terminate your contract at the end of the term (otherwise they keep debiting from your account)

Grunt
3rd December 2012, 11:11 AM
I was a member of a Genesis gym down here in Sydney. Saw a change of management completely destroy the place in a matter of weeks. Sacked almost all staff, went from 6 PT's and other gym staff to a girl behind the counter and that was that.
Anytime suits me as I build my own programs and it also gives me the chance to use other ones around the country.

timah!
3rd December 2012, 11:39 AM
Looks like showing the TRX some more live is winning...