PDA

View Full Version : Golf shoes

Shortylook
30th November 2012, 12:49 AM
Guy's I'm sorry if there has already been a post for this but I couldn't find it.
So my 2 month old golf shoes are starting to give me blisters,can anyone recommend some golf shoes that they have had tried and would recommend please
Cheers

simmsy
30th November 2012, 01:00 AM
FJ Sports
Ecco Biom Hybrid
Adidas Puremotions

Shortylook
30th November 2012, 01:15 AM
Cheers

Dotty
30th November 2012, 06:20 AM
Footjoy Contour with Boa (wire) lacing.
Footjoy Contour with standard lacing.
Daylight third.

Leon Phelps
30th November 2012, 06:55 AM
Foot joy XPS-1
Best golf shoe I've had

Golfnut
30th November 2012, 07:18 AM
Adidas Adipure Z
Adidas Tour 360 ATV
Basically anything that's current Adidas.
FJ Contours with BOA.

KristianJ
30th November 2012, 07:33 AM
What type of shoes are causing the blisters?

FWIW I'm a happy Contour wearer as well.

Monsta
30th November 2012, 08:13 AM
Ecco

I have a bad back and they are great, comfy from the 1st time I put them on. A bit pricey but worth the money..

Veefore
30th November 2012, 05:20 PM
I was trained in shoe fitting many years ago, mainly children's shoes.

It completely depends on the shape of your feet. Ecco, Footjoy and Oakley fit me well. Nike are mostly like torture.

The only way to decide is to go to an experienced fitter or learn what makes a good fit. Suggestions from strangers might be nice but won't really be a lot of help unfortunately.

idgolfguy
30th November 2012, 06:30 PM
I was trained in shoe fitting many years ago, mainly children's shoes.

It completely depends on the shape of your feet. Ecco, Footjoy and Oakley fit me well. Nike are mostly like torture.

The only way to decide is to go to an experienced fitter or learn what makes a good fit. Suggestions from strangers might be nice but won't really be a lot of help unfortunately.

Rubbish V4. Throw some more brand names in there. Beats good sense!

Veefore
30th November 2012, 06:33 PM
Sorry. You're right I'D.

I'm not sure what came over me. ;)

Shortylook
30th November 2012, 06:42 PM
Ok thanks guys, I just wanted a bit of a point in the right direction,, Kristian I have a pair of Nike leather golf shoes, the were lovely when I got them fitted snug and comfy as, now they kill my feet and leave blisters, I will go to local golf shops and try a heap on, I think I'm going to run the sneaker type if I can find a nice wide pair. Cheers everyone

graham_w
30th November 2012, 06:45 PM
I got myself a pair of Asics golf shoes from the US and they are exactly like Asics running shoes for sizing & fit and are very comfortable.

Dotty
30th November 2012, 06:47 PM
Unfortunately, trained shoe fitters are scarce in shops staffed by club pros, trainees and single figure 20 year olds. So we rely on what people use for 100+ games a year.

I wonder whether Shortylook's problem shoes were Adidas 360 Version 2 (?), which got a lot of bad press on OzGolf about 3 years ago.

I keep going back to FJ Contour over other shoes, due to the padded heel doesn't cut into the back of my heel, good arch support and 'steep lace profile', so my feet don't slide forward and squash my toes, when walking down steep hills.

Shortylook
30th November 2012, 08:39 PM
No they were Nike's

matty
30th November 2012, 09:17 PM
Just bought a pair of spikeless FJ's. May be the Causal model. Have only worn them on the range once. Felt strange for two hits and then forgot about them. Very, very comfortable.

Shortylook
30th November 2012, 11:00 PM
Yea, that's just what I want something comfy and to drop take 10 shots off my game lol

markTHEblake
1st December 2012, 10:05 AM
So my 2 month old golf shoes are starting to give me blisters,can anyone recommend some golf shoes that they have had tried and would recommend pleaseCheersIf your shoes give you blisters it means they don't fit. I recommend you buy shoes that fit. It's got nothing to do with the brand whatsoever. If that is difficult for whatever reason buy full leather shoes. Fill them with boiling water and let it soak in for about one hour. Then put them on tie the laces up tight and wear them all day. Then they will fit. P.s. tip the water out first before putting on.

markTHEblake
1st December 2012, 10:11 AM
Uh oh. That may be bad advice. Warm water and only a few mins. :-)
http://www.ehow.com/how_8796209_soak-work-boots-water-break.html

I know the AJ's prefer hot water but maybe army boots are not stuck together with glue.

Golfnut
1st December 2012, 11:43 AM
Thank God you added the PS bit.

pingmanjas
1st December 2012, 02:11 PM
Adidas powerband 3.0s very comfortable

nadg63
1st December 2012, 04:55 PM
Puma.

Anfield
1st December 2012, 07:31 PM
To all the footjoy contour wearers, how is the sizing? I'm thinking of buying from TGW but wanna get the right size obviously.
I've found before that footjoy are a wider shoe than say adidas, its this still the case?
Thanks

spanner039
1st December 2012, 08:02 PM
To all the footjoy contour wearers, how is the sizing? I'm thinking of buying from TGW but wanna get the right size obviously.
I've found before that footjoy are a wider shoe than say adidas, its this still the case?
Thanks

Yep, just got some still wider, a lot better fit (room) than the Adidas.

US13 in Adidas unwearable - US13 in footjoy nice firm not tight.

In fact nearly all the stores I went to all steered me away from the bigger adidas shoes way too narrow.

Mububban
20th November 2013, 04:38 PM
Catch of the Day has Adipure Motion in black for $79

http://www.catchoftheday.com.au/event/31649/product/adidas-adipure-motion-golf-shoe-black-231106

Icestorm959
20th November 2013, 06:36 PM
I tried out a fair few and found adizeros to be sensationally comfortable, much better than footjoys that were twice the price.

goughy
20th November 2013, 06:41 PM
I have 4 pairs of adipure running shoes, they don't look anything like the golf shoes.

madboarder
20th November 2013, 10:14 PM
Footjoy's work well for many.

madboarder
20th November 2013, 10:23 PM
Whats going on with all these runner looking shoes that have appeared in market over the last 10 years. Call me old fashioned but the average age of golf members in Oz has increased so who is wearing thses shoes? Bring back FJ Classics

Yossarian
21st November 2013, 12:31 AM
You are old fashioned. Half the old boys at my club are wearing them.

madboarder
22nd November 2013, 07:48 PM
Not old fashioned its called "Retro". If they work then go fir it. Do members at your golf club look like Matt Kuchar? He wears funny shoes. I want to see Payne Stewart fashion returned to the course??

Yossarian
22nd November 2013, 08:50 PM
I don't think you know what retro means. Not many of the members at my club look like Matt Kuchar cause they are not Matt Kuchar. Do many members at your club look like Adam Scott?

simmsy
22nd November 2013, 09:09 PM
First u say runner style then u say what Matt kuchar wears. His Ashworth are nothing like runner style.

simmsy
22nd November 2013, 09:10 PM
And plenty of players are still wearing your FJ xps or icon styles so I don't think u need to worry too much

madboarder
22nd November 2013, 09:11 PM
Yeah they all start on the 10th tee. They love the back holes? They all want to play with me. Matt Kuchar is not very good looking!
Get on fire at RP the all the cardigan wearing, runner shoe style wearing, comb over members will not know what to do? Say hi to "Jim the bandit" from me if you see him?

I don't think you know what retro means. Not many of the members at my club look like Matt Kuchar cause they are not Matt Kuchar. Do many members at your club look like Adam Scott?

madboarder
22nd November 2013, 09:15 PM
Funny you mention that. I do have 3 pairs of FJ classics and I dig my red, white and blue FJ broges that I used to take the spikes out and wear to the disco!

And plenty of players are still wearing your FJ xps or icon styles so I don't think u need to worry too much

madboarder
22nd November 2013, 09:20 PM
Matt Kuchar wears Ashworth? It has been 10 years since last playing golf!!! He needs some fashion tips? Back in my day he wouldnt be allowed to play wearing shoes like he wore today. And to do it at RM?

mrbluu
22nd November 2013, 09:22 PM
Ok thanks guys, I just wanted a bit of a point in the right direction,, Kristian I have a pair of Nike leather golf shoes, the were lovely when I got them fitted snug and comfy as, now they kill my feet and leave blisters, I will go to local golf shops and try a heap on, I think I'm going to run the sneaker type if I can find a nice wide pair. Cheers everyone

Did u hit puberty? ;-)

If u have wide feet try some from the adidas or puma ranges. I think I have a pair of FJ sports that are pretty wide as well.

Johnny Canuck
22nd November 2013, 09:50 PM
Did u hit puberty? ;-)

If u have wide feet try some from the adidas or puma ranges. I think I have a pair of FJ sports that are pretty wide as well.

I disagree. I haven't found a pair of Adidas that were wide enough in the toe yet. Simmsy has had the same issue.

Yossarian
22nd November 2013, 09:53 PM
Adidas is terrible for width IMO.

Madboarder Jim says to say hi. Heaf has his putter. RIP.

mrbluu
22nd November 2013, 09:56 PM
I disagree. I haven't found a pair of Adidas that were wide enough in the toe yet. Simmsy has had the same issue. I havent found that issue and my feet are pretty wide, but I have normal size toes...

simmsy
22nd November 2013, 09:56 PM
adidas are narrow shoes no doubt.

Ashes
22nd November 2013, 10:06 PM
I was fitted at the Asics fitting studio in London and was put in a 12E, which I think is the wider version. Used to have a tough time finding footy boots wide enough.

Wear Adidas golf shoes size 12 and 13 and find both plenty wide.

Yossarian
22nd November 2013, 10:07 PM
You played footy?

Ashes
22nd November 2013, 10:08 PM
You played footy?

I wandered around aimlessly on a footy field, yes.

Daves
22nd November 2013, 10:11 PM
I disagree. I haven't found a pair of Adidas that were wide enough in the toe yet. Simmsy has had the same issue.

Adidas is terrible for width IMO.

Madboarder Jim says to say hi. Heaf has his putter. RIP.

adidas are narrow shoes no doubt.

Times pi R squared. I have tried plenty of Adidas and Pumas, Adidas I find quite narrow, and Pumas aren't a lot better. Both are blister fests for me. Whereas I haven't had any issues with Footjoys, nor more recently Callaway Del Mars or Oakleys.

Yossarian
22nd November 2013, 10:11 PM
I am trying to think of an AFL strikerate joke.

Ashes
22nd November 2013, 10:40 PM
I am trying to think of an AFL strikerate joke.

I knew you were before you even said it.

I am the worst sportsman my family has ever produced.

Johnny Canuck
22nd November 2013, 10:41 PM
Times pi R squared. I have tried plenty of Adidas and Pumas, Adidas I find quite narrow, and Pumas aren't a lot better. Both are blister fests for me. Whereas I haven't had any issues with Footjoys, nor more recently Callaway Del Mars or Oakleys.

Footjoy Dry Joy or Ecco Bioms are my utopia.

Johnny Canuck
22nd November 2013, 10:42 PM

With your complexion and height, you could be an effective goal post.

simmsy
23rd November 2013, 09:23 AM

Can't be sure about that but you are without doubt the worst golfer I have ever seen that comes from a cricketing background. Usually cricketers and hockey players are good ball strikers, your hand/eye suggests you were perhaps the 12th man on a few occasions.
:)

LeftyHoges
24th November 2013, 04:56 AM
Can't be sure about that but you are without doubt the worst golfer I have ever seen that comes from a cricketing background. Usually cricketers and hockey players are good ball strikers, your hand/eye suggests you were perhaps the 12th man on a few occasions.

Why the hell doesn't it work the other way then!?

I was that bad of a batsmen that the guys in the club quite often asked me "Are you sure you're not meant to be Left Handed?"

I faced one ball like that and they said "OK, never mind".

Pricks.

simmsy
24th November 2013, 09:10 AM
Really?
Man I thought you were like Garfield Sobers.

Ferrins
24th November 2013, 09:18 AM
Are Adicross any good?

Ferrins
24th November 2013, 09:19 AM
Thinking that trail shoes are the best option for golf.

Ashes
24th November 2013, 10:14 AM

You don't think you'd need awesome hand eye coordination to make any sort of contact with the ball with my swing??

LeftyHoges
24th November 2013, 11:22 AM
Really?
Man I thought you were like Garfield Sobers.

I'm like Garfield Sobers at golf. Nothing else. :lol:

robwa
26th November 2013, 11:28 PM
Ive been a big fan of full leather lined shoes. Bought a pair of FJ Icons on sale and after 1 round they were fine. THe leather has softened more as Ive worn them. Sports shoes with the padded rear mesh in the heal is a good idea but I find that it tears well before the shoe is past its use by date. Ive had the same problem with tennis shoes. I had a pair of Ecco golf shoes last 8 years of part time golf.