PDA

View Full Version : Fair trading/Consumer protection law

IamViva
29th November 2012, 04:10 PM
Hi all, just curious to know if anyone has a decent knowledge of fair trading/consumer protection as its not really something I have experience with. I am having a few issues with some gear I purchased from JB hifi and just looking for some advice. If you may be able to offer some advice I will PM you with my question/issue.

Thanks

Lagerlover
29th November 2012, 04:49 PM
thank christ....

I thought this was about the stand bag!

sms316
29th November 2012, 04:52 PM
OT - Lagerlover - who is that fem looking bloke in your avatar?

IamViva
29th November 2012, 04:56 PM
my mother.. call me jr.

Lagerlover
29th November 2012, 05:06 PM
OT - Lagerlover - who is that fem looking bloke in your avatar?

george peterson, nephew of the founder of "peterson potato sticks put in hot animal fat for a few minutes then covered in salt and wrapped in old newspaper until so soggy you can't pick it up so then need to reorder" went broke apparently... damn richard simmons

MegaWatty
29th November 2012, 05:51 PM
PM me. I have a fairly extensive knowledge of the current and previous consumer law.

markTHEblake
29th November 2012, 06:42 PM
Hi all, just curious to know if anyone has a decent knowledge of fair trading/consumer protection as its not really something I have experience with. I am having a few issues with some gear I purchased from JB hifi and just looking for some advice. If you may be able to offer some advice I will PM you with my question/issue.

Thanks

the fair trading website, has a lot of info on consumer rights. It would not be wise to ask anyone, as they might not know all the info. You probably need to find the section where it refers to "goods must be fit for the purchase intended" and references to a statutory warranty. Ie you have a right to get replacement or refund from the retailer if something does not last as long as it should.
http://www.accc.gov.au/content/index.phtml/tag/ForConsumers/
http://www.fairtrading.qld.gov.au/consumer-rights-responsibilities.htm

I saw on current affair or something that JBHIFI have been very proactive in supporting this consumers right, so if the staff are giving you grief just follow the guidlelines at these links. there will be a form letter somewhere to get you going.

IamViva
29th November 2012, 09:26 PM
thanks to everyone for their help, i got it sorted

Lagerlover
29th November 2012, 09:29 PM
no worries, glad to help

PeteyD
1st December 2012, 10:34 PM
Anytime. :D