PDA

View Full Version : Nak HTec Prototype

ben
26th October 2005, 08:35 AM
Hi guys,

Got this come through on the email this morning. This is going to be the best driver to fit. You'll be able to swap out shafts all by yourself!! I can't tell you how excited I am in terms of fitting. The driver will also have 10 different customised weight screws that go into the hosel of the driver (from the bottom). Which gives enormous power to getting the feel right.

I am proud to introduce the revolutionary new Nakashima Htec Driver with Interchangeable Hosel Technology!

There are products that make it possible to quick fit heads and shafts together for "testing". This is a good idea, but it has drawbacks. We all know that variables in the head or shaft change when you go to make the "actual" club.

With the Nakashima Htec Driver your customer will be able to try any head and shaft combination with ease and then...
Buy the actual club tested!
This eliminates all variables between the demo and the actual club made!

The Nakashima Htec Driver features the same shape as the NP1 460cc with a slightly shallower face. The low and deep center of gravity produces more dynamic loft for a higher initial launch angle. Our testing has shown that this could be the longest, easiest to control, best feeling driver we have ever made!

Matt 3 Jab
26th October 2005, 09:13 AM
Sounds good, thats why i always buy my stuff second hand cause then i get the club im hitting, not an order!
Ben, Trung told me that you can get the nak 3 wood heads, same as him, any other recommendations? has to sit neutral, fly well and not break my poor uni account :cry:

jaster
26th October 2005, 09:28 AM
Sounds good Ben, my local pro shop had a deal like that with Snake Eyes, they use to be able to screw the shaft into any head. Great concept.

3oneday
26th October 2005, 10:03 AM
Sounds good Ben, my local pro shop had a deal like that with Snake Eyes, they use to be able to screw the shaft into any head. Great concept.I think this has taken that a step or two further, imagine having 2 or 3 shafts with the attachments on already, one starts misbehaving and you just unscrew the sucker and replace it with the backup.

No more backup driver, just backup shafts !!!!!!!!!! now, what to spend the driver money on????

:roll: :lol: :lol:

jaster
26th October 2005, 10:10 AM
That is exactly what the snakeyes had to my knowledge, 10 different shafts all with a thread and 5 different driver heads all with the ability to be screwed into each other in 10 seconds....or am I not reading it correctly?? :?

ben
26th October 2005, 10:23 AM
Jaster,

I don't know the snakeeyes one, but in the past there's only been "connectors". These connectors add head weight (about 6 swingweight points) and also the shaft has to be trimmed and isn't actually put inside the head so the feeling is never the same.

Again, don't know the snakeeyes one, but Nak have taken out a global patent on this system.

jaster
26th October 2005, 10:28 AM
Yeah I never really looked into it as they had no lefty options :x But it is great to see Nak getting serious with this type of stuff...certainly would make club making a heap easier!! 8)

Toolish
26th October 2005, 11:29 AM
Ben

Any details on the pricing, or when it will be available to you? As you know I am looking at drivers, and you have nearly convinced me that Nak is the way to go...this has probably pushed me over the edge...although there is a nice NP-1 i am checking out on ebay!!

Jarro
26th October 2005, 11:45 AM
only problem being you wouldn't be able to change the club MID ROUND would you :roll:

sound slike a great idea though :smt023

3oneday
26th October 2005, 11:48 AM
only problem being you wouldn't be able to change the club MID ROUND would you  :roll:

sound slike a great idea though  :smt023now there is a question, could you sacrifice a club and just carry a spare shaft and change the shaft whilst maintaining the same head ???

Probably not, I guess it is covered off in the rules somewhere, hmmmm

McMw
26th October 2005, 01:43 PM
only problem being you wouldn't be able to change the club MID ROUND would you :roll:

sound slike a great idea though :smt023

can't change the characteristics of any club during a comp round....

so go nuts in a social game...don't think ur other playing partners are gonna be too happy tho... :lol:

andylo
26th October 2005, 01:57 PM
don't think ur other playing partners are gonna be too happy tho... :lol:

I know it will be ok if it goes between me, jarro and nudgee :lol:

Jarro
26th October 2005, 02:08 PM
don't think ur other playing partners are gonna be too happy tho... :lol:

I know it will be ok if it goes between me, jarro and nudgee :lol:

no probs mate :wink: :lol:

Trung
26th October 2005, 02:49 PM
Sounds good, thats why i always buy my stuff second hand cause then i get the club im hitting, not an order!
Ben, Trung told me that you can get the nak 3 wood heads, same as him, any other recommendations? has to sit neutral, fly well and not break my poor uni account :cry:

3 Jab.... Ben is the Australian distributor for Nakashima  :wink:

ben
26th October 2005, 03:19 PM
Toolish,

Hoping to have pricing tomorow or soon anyway. They will be a bit more than the current NP1 tho.

andylo
26th October 2005, 04:12 PM
ben, would be nice if you got photos and specs pls ;)