PDA

View Full Version : Gold Coast game....either 24, 25, 29th November

Flowergirl
26th October 2005, 07:26 AM
John and I would like to get a couple of other games of golf in - but not day before or after Ozgolf Champs.........too old for that!!

If anyone is interested let me know. :D

We are staying in Coolangatta and will have a hire car.

BrisVegas
26th October 2005, 07:28 AM
are you sure you couldn't manage 18 at Lakelands on the Saturday??? Lovely course in super condition, IN CARTS... shavey's knocked 75% off the price too.... :shock:

Jarro
26th October 2005, 07:29 AM
i'll have to check my roster a little closer to time Flowergirl, but if i'm not working i'd be up for a hit on the monday or Tuesday down the coast somewhere 8)

I think Jono might be keen for a game on the Monday also :?

Flowergirl
26th October 2005, 07:33 AM
are you sure you couldn't manage 18 at Lakelands on the Saturday???  Lovely course in super condition, IN CARTS...  shavey's knocked 75% off the price too.... :shock:

I'll talk to John.........it does sound good. But I think he'll find it too much. He suffers a lot with his back - he aint as flexible as you younger guys. ( no sexual reference intened OR implied!!)

Jarro.I included the MOnday in those dates didn't I. Ignore the Monday. :shock:

TS
26th October 2005, 03:20 PM
FG. Jono and I will be around for a game on 28.I am happy to play anywhere.

Flowergirl
27th October 2005, 07:05 AM
Sorry Ts.........I didn't mean the 28th----the day after will be too soon for Johna nd I to play again after 36 holes on the Sunday.
Are you around on the Tuesday?

AndyP
27th October 2005, 07:35 AM
I didn't mean the 28th
Topic title amended. :razz:

TS
27th October 2005, 08:23 AM
Sorry Ts.........I didn't mean the 28th----the day after will be too soon for Johna nd I to play again after 36 holes on the Sunday.
Are you around on the Tuesday?

No, we are going back to Sydney on Monday afternoon.

Onewood
29th October 2005, 05:42 AM
how many are playing Lakelands

shavey
29th October 2005, 10:17 AM
Lakelands round is up to 11 at this point in time Kev

markTHEblake
31st October 2005, 01:08 PM
Flowergirl - I suggest Murwillumbah. Great golf course, and only $17 on friday for the Open comp, and close to Tweed Heads.

Only exception is that they may have one hole out of play becuase they are rebulding it. but it might be finished by now.

I might even join you.

Flowergirl
31st October 2005, 02:11 PM
Flowergirl - I suggest Murwillumbah.  Great golf course, and only $17 on friday for the Open comp, and close to Tweed Heads.

Only exception is that they may have one hole out of play becuase they are rebulding it. but it might be finished by now.

I might even join you.

Mark.......Friday sounds great to us. Are you able to organise times etc? Just let us know. And any tee off time suits us. We'll be on holiday :D

markTHEblake
31st October 2005, 02:59 PM
Just remembered, i can only play at 10am (qld), cos i'll have to drop the kids at school, then golf and get back in time to pick them up.  

Problem is that there is a corprate day that afternoon.
so they will have a shotgun starting at 8am.

you could play in that if you want, or look at other options.

Flowergirl
31st October 2005, 09:41 PM
Any options are fine.

markTHEblake
31st October 2005, 10:29 PM
doesnt look like there are any Open days on Thur or Friday around the gold coast.

So tell me, do you wanna play somewhere flash, somewhere cheap, or something interesting and different.

If you like wine, there is a 18 hole par 3 in the mountains thats built in a wineyard. 360 degree views, its somewhere around tweed heads

http://www.traveldownunder.com.au/New_South_Wales/Northern_Rivers/Penny_Ridge_Winery_Resort.asp

Flowergirl
1st November 2005, 07:50 AM
I think I'd rather play at a "good course". Now that doesn't have to mean expensive - hey - we aren't snobs.
And we don't care that it's not a comp. Honestly - if you're happy to organise a game - we're happy to go along with your choice. :D
Come on Blakey - you're always having a dig at these guys not beong able to make a decision - you can do it!!!!!

markTHEblake
1st November 2005, 10:14 AM
I think I'd rather play at a "good course". Now that doesn't have to mean expensive -

The cheapest golf here is around $40,  i consider that expensive.  So if you let me decide we will be playing at Merrimac for $8

I was looking at open days in comps becuase there is no green fee.  Thats the smart way :-)

How about wwe try Riverlakes,  it will take just as long for ytou to get there as i would have taken to get to Murwillumbah.  And Keza can knock down the green fee.

Or there is Banora near you for $30. of course there is good old emerald lakes for $30

Flowergirl
1st November 2005, 09:04 PM
YOU DECIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! $40 OR $8 OR $48 OR $84 It don't matter....we're on holidays.
I really and truely don't mind Mark :D