PDA

View Full Version : Callaway RAZR Fit 3 Woods

mrbluu
27th November 2012, 11:59 PM
Guys anyone gaming these....thoughts?

Golfnut
28th November 2012, 12:05 AM
Shadesy's is a CANON!
I really liked it, easy to hit for such a compact head....stock shaft is not much chop even in an S flex and I normally play reg-firm reg flex.

virge666
28th November 2012, 05:07 PM
It was my favourite out of the kit I won.

RBZ is better though.

Shadesy
28th November 2012, 06:01 PM
Best 3 Wood Ever.*

Great from the tee or Fairway. Never tried the Stock, whacked a Voodoo SVS6 in straight away and never looked back.

Favourite Club by a mile.

*not played every 3 wood ever made.

Ashes
28th November 2012, 06:26 PM
Best 3 Wood Ever.*

Great from the tee or Fairway. Never tried the Stock, whacked a Voodoo SVS6 in straight away and never looked back.

Sounds almost as good as a Baffler F!

mrbluu
30th November 2012, 08:44 AM
Shadesy's is a CANON!
I really liked it, easy to hit for such a compact head....stock shaft is not much chop even in an S flex and I normally play reg-firm reg flex.

Yeah I picked it up in Drummonds the other day and the stiff didn't feel very stiff at all.

It was my favourite out of the kit I won. RBZ is better though.

Virge, I'm not a a fan of the RBZ but in your opinion how is better than the fit? Easier to hit, shape or longer....etc??

Do you know if the FIT Drivers and 3 Woods use the same sleeves?

Best 3 Wood Ever.*

What other 3 Woods have you used??

Johnny Canuck
30th November 2012, 09:03 AM
The stock shaft is a noodle. Stiff plays senior flex.

Same sleeve, although the 3w might be .350.

I am liking mine, but am experimenting with it set to open. It does like to draw set on square.

I do like the feel and the way it plays though. Undecided on if I will keep it or go back to the razr hawk, but leaning towards keeping it.

virge666
30th November 2012, 09:16 AM
Virge, I'm not a a fan of the RBZ but in your opinion how is better than the fit? Easier to hit, shape or longer....etc??

Do you know if the FIT Drivers and 3 Woods use the same sleeves?

Yes to same sleeves.

Fit is harder to hit in my opinion. Also the RBZ does not work with heavy shafts where the fit does ... I have tried all the way up to 85 grams with the RBZ and I keep going back to 60 grams.

The fit has a lower flight but it is easy to hit a higher shot off the deck due to the shape.

Captain Nemo
30th November 2012, 10:46 AM
Take it for what ist worth....
http://www.mygolfspy.com/ultimate-fairway-wood-test/

Shadesy
30th November 2012, 10:51 AM
I have always hit a good 3 wood.

I used the Cleveland Launcher, Taylormade R9 and now the Callaway Razr Fit.

I was thinking the other day how good i hit the RAZR Fit, there is no need to even bother trying anything else.

Edit: Damn - Interested in trying RBZ now.

meh
30th November 2012, 10:58 AM
RBZ 14.5 = best fairway ever.

Captain Nemo
30th November 2012, 11:03 AM
Well, i must say im liking my 17* RBZ.......COULD BE THE SHAFT THOUGH?:roll:

mrbluu
30th November 2012, 12:17 PM
Yes to same sleeves.

Fit is harder to hit in my opinion. Also the RBZ does not work with heavy shafts where the fit does ... I have tried all the way up to 85 grams with the RBZ and I keep going back to 60 grams.

The fit has a lower flight but it is easy to hit a higher shot off the deck due to the shape.

I find it's interesting that the FIT is harder to hit, cos for me the RBZ was easy at all.

Take it for what ist worth....
http://www.mygolfspy.com/ultimate-fairway-wood-test/

nice review

I have always hit a good 3 wood.

I used the Cleveland Launcher, Taylormade R9 and now the Callaway Razr Fit.

I was thinking the other day how good i hit the RAZR Fit, there is no need to even bother trying anything else.

Edit: Damn - Interested in trying RBZ now.

nice group of 3 woods.

RBZ 14.5 = best fairway ever.

is that the more compact head??

Well, i must say im liking my 17* RBZ.......COULD BE THE SHAFT THOUGH?:roll:

That doesn't count cos it's a 4 wood.... ;-)

BayBum
30th November 2012, 12:45 PM
RBZ 14.5 = best fairway ever. +1Close to being the best club I have ever owned.

Mububban
30th November 2012, 12:52 PM
MGS ranked the Razr Fit 3rd (just) in their 2012 fairway wood test. RBZ second and Mizuno first.

http://www.mygolfspy.com/mgs-2012-ultimate-fairway-wood-test-day-3/

While our testers performed better overall with the MP-650 and the RocketBallz, if you’re for the most popular club in the test, you just found it. Almost to a man, the RAZR Fit was a favorite.
Testers loved the compact shape, the outstanding (dare I say Titleist-like sound and feel). Forgiveness was undeniable, and when all was said and done, our testers wanted to take the RAZR Fit home with them.