PDA

View Full Version : Aus Open

dhills2
26th November 2012, 11:16 PM
Who's attending? Who's everyone tipping? Who will the course suit? Etc. I think I'm tipping J Rose but prefer Chalmers at slightly longer odds. However, I'll be cheering for Bowdo if he can move into contention for the weekend!

On a side note, I saw that there were consecutive aces on the 125m 9th in the midweek club comp at the Lakes recently from a 9 and 11 marker or similar. Amazing stuff.

Also found out today that my gf's old man will be playing in the pro-am on Wednesday... I wonder if I'd be allowed to carry his bag :) What's the usual g-o with caddies in pro-ams. Never watched one let alone play in one.

mike
27th November 2012, 12:09 AM
What's the usual g-o with caddies in pro-ams. Never watched one let alone play in one.I'm caddying for Bowdo at the Oz PGA Pro am and Zigwah caddied for Scott Laycock a few years back so yeah it does happen.

markTHEblake
27th November 2012, 01:19 AM

mike
27th November 2012, 01:26 AM
Last edited by markTHEblake; Today at 12:23 AM. Reason: removed offending imageNo you didn't.

Captain Nemo
27th November 2012, 08:00 AM
Ill be going thurs or fri, depending on ticket access.....:wink:

dhills2
27th November 2012, 08:21 AM
I'm caddying for Bowdo at the Oz PGA Pro am and Zigwah caddied for Scott Laycock a few years back so yeah it does happen.

Sounds good but I'm looking at caddying for an amateur chopper that is more likely to hit a spectator than a GIR :)

mackie
27th November 2012, 12:40 PM
mate you can caddy no problems at all, whoever you are caddying for, just tell them to tell the organisers for it.

Titty, access is fine, ive got one spare for thurs and Fri

Captain Nemo
27th November 2012, 02:50 PM
mate you can caddy no problems at all, whoever you are caddying for, just tell them to tell the organisers for it.

Titty, access is fine, ive got one spare for thurs and Fri

Sweet, i'll be in touch, sent you a text....

pt73
4th December 2012, 04:13 PM
Went today and watched Adam Scott and Tom Watson play the front nine.

Scott had a new putter, see the post and photos on Golfwrx:

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/758361-adam-scott-at-the-australian-open-with-a-new-putter/

matty
4th December 2012, 07:57 PM
I'll be going on Thursday. Want to follow Watson. Probably the last time the legend will play in Oz. my money would be on Scotty or Chalmers.

dhills2
4th December 2012, 08:55 PM
Will be interesting to see how he rolls them on Thursday.

hocko
6th December 2012, 11:02 AM
Gowie is not off to a great start!

hocko
6th December 2012, 12:04 PM
Quality golf from one of WA's young fellas!
http://www.golfaustralia.org.au/default.aspx?s=mao_individual_scores&pid=271659&tid=1134
I reckon he would have been shitting tacks on the first tee.

backintheswing
6th December 2012, 12:10 PM
That's unbelievable. Is he a pro or amateur?

mackie
6th December 2012, 12:10 PM
sad thing is he made par on the 10th (1st hole), then gone to shit
Nice birdie on 15 though, very tough hole.

hocko
6th December 2012, 12:13 PM
That's unbelievable. Is he a pro or amateur?
Just turned Pro earlier this year.
He had a top ten finish in the New Zealand Open last week.

matty
6th December 2012, 12:16 PM
Tom hit his drive on the 1st 10m over the drink and got back spin on driver back into it. He asked his caddy twice if it was in the water!

Funky_Cliff
6th December 2012, 12:24 PM
Really? Blown his chances after 10 holes?

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/golf/adam-scott-suffers-a-terrible-start-in-the-opening-round-of-the-australian-open/story-fndee39r-1226531084398

matty
6th December 2012, 12:27 PM
Yeah. Saw him go for some odd shots. Very aggressive.

matty
6th December 2012, 01:02 PM
The 14yo is 3 over after 3 and looks like he has no place playing at Augusta. It will murder him. A lot of encouragement from the crowd though.

sms316
6th December 2012, 01:04 PM
The 14yo is 3 over after 3 and looks like he has no place playing at Augusta. It will murder him. A lot of encouragement from the crowd though. They should heckle him.

dc68
6th December 2012, 01:06 PM
Jackass!!!

Peppas
6th December 2012, 01:14 PM
I got a spare ticket to this as posted in the pay it forward thread if anyone wants it :)

dhills2
6th December 2012, 01:17 PM
Watson's tee shot on the 1st just looked like it caught the side of the hill on TV & the mowed down rough didn't help to stop it rolling in. He looks like he is hitting it OK though, hopefully he can get in the red in the tough afternoon conditions.

AS really struggled considering he had the best of the conditions. Not out of it but will need to go low tomorrow to get in contention for the weekend.

Bit harsh on the young Chinese fella saying he has no place at Augusta considering he has qualified like anyone else. It will murder him but it tends to murder half the field year in year out :)

Rose looking good for the win.

Eldrick
6th December 2012, 01:51 PM

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/golf/adam-scott-suffers-a-terrible-start-in-the-opening-round-of-the-australian-open/story-fndee39r-1226531084398

looks like Paul Kent is as big a hack golf reporter as he is a league journo

dhills2
6th December 2012, 01:58 PM
I enjoy reading Ben Everill's articles as a sports journo. Also very glad that IBF is commentating on 7.

matty
6th December 2012, 02:45 PM
Watson 6 over after 9. The kid 7 over. Wind is really up on some holes.

solarman
6th December 2012, 02:49 PM
Just noticed Peter Lonard in the field. Been a while since he's been around.
Richard Green too.

matty
6th December 2012, 03:15 PM
Was just talking to Lonards caddie. He said don't be surprised to see him around on Sunday. He hit 16/18 greens but felt they were slow for how firm they are. Couldn't get the speed right. He just did a fair session on the practice green. Said he has struggled through the season with his chipping but feels its come good and is feeling confident. Not that u need to chip that much when you're hitting 16 greens.

Daves
6th December 2012, 03:17 PM
So Golf Australia got around to getting an iPhone app for this, but not an Android one!!??. Says it all really about why golf is going backward in this country, bunch of ******* amateurs.

matty
6th December 2012, 03:18 PM
Lonards also back to using the short putter.

matty
6th December 2012, 03:21 PM
Says it all really about why golf is going backward in this country, bunch of ******* amateurs.
Yep. Have to say I haven't been to impressed with the set up here. No equipment tents, no promotion. Compared to Melbourne it's embarrassing.

KristianJ
6th December 2012, 03:43 PM
Yep. Have to say I haven't been to impressed with the set up here. No equipment tents, no promotion. Compared to Melbourne it's embarrassing. I read somewhere that TM were doing a big promo thing over the week with part of the range and putting green open to the public. Set of Rocketbladez up for grabs or something like that...

Yossarian
6th December 2012, 03:49 PM
Just saw RA miss a 3 footer. Gold.

sms316
6th December 2012, 03:51 PM
Quality golf from one of WA's young fellas!
http://www.golfaustralia.org.au/default.aspx?s=mao_individual_scores&pid=271659&tid=1134
I reckon he would have been shitting tacks on the first tee.
Better than this guy.

http://i46.tinypic.com/xfx9y.jpg

matty
6th December 2012, 04:00 PM
I read somewhere that TM were doing a big promo thing over the week with part of the range and putting green open to the public. Set of Rocketbladez up for grabs or something like that...

Yes. TM have a selection of putters to try. That's it. Other than that it's a few gimmicky chip and long drive stuff on monitors.

Monsta
6th December 2012, 04:01 PM
Better than this guy.

http://i46.tinypic.com/xfx9y.jpg

Looks like my scorecard from yesterday...... Maybe Im playing at the wrong lakes..........:lol:

Steve57
6th December 2012, 04:07 PM
Just saw RA miss a 3 footer. Gold.

Nothing new about that!!

sms316
6th December 2012, 04:07 PM
Looks like my scorecard from yesterday...... Maybe Im playing at the wrong lakes..........:lol:
Don't all of you tosspots at Gungahlin refer to it as "The Lakes" anyway?

Monsta
6th December 2012, 04:15 PM
Don't all of you tosspots at Gungahlin refer to it as "The Lakes" anyway?

Yep easier to say "Lakes" than "Gungahlin Lakes" with a skin full......

muldude
6th December 2012, 04:36 PM
So Golf Australia got around to getting an iPhone app for this, but not an Android one!!??. Says it all really about why golf is going backward in this country, bunch of ******* amateurs.

Daves, there is a basic one. I got it off golf aus page20999

LeftyHoges
6th December 2012, 04:47 PM

Not good for our Bowdo with that screenshot. :-(

BGH
6th December 2012, 04:54 PM
I know how much we all love Robert Allenby, I can see this getting quite a bit of airplay on the various golf forums

Allenby on TV after his 3rd at 11. "U can put this course on the top of the list as the worst course I've played".

Daves
6th December 2012, 05:05 PM

Thanks, do you have a link? I have crawled all over the GA site and haven't found it yet?

muldude
6th December 2012, 05:10 PM
http://www.golfaustralia.org.au/default.aspx?s=mao_live_scores&tid=1134

Daves I just used this link and it is on the right with black background

mrbluu
6th December 2012, 05:12 PM
I wished I saved the article but type shit journalism from the daily telegraph, they wrote Adam Scott off after 9 holes as he was 1 over par....does anyone know how he finished?

Daves
6th December 2012, 05:14 PM
Daves I just used this link and it is on the right with black background

Thanks, that sounds like the link to the iPhone app. I am on that page and I can't see anything for an Android App though??

Jarro
6th December 2012, 05:14 PM
I wished I saved the article but type shit journalism from the daily telegraph, they wrote Adam Scott off after 9 holes as he was 1 over par....does anyone know how he finished?

Paul Kent wrote the piece.

He's well known as a golf hater.... so don't read too much into it.

Daves
6th December 2012, 05:15 PM

Scott finished with an even par 72.

mrbluu
6th December 2012, 05:16 PM

OIC. I only like half the stuff that he writes. Better that the other idjit they got, that Slothfield!!!

Daves
6th December 2012, 05:17 PM

Plus it was the Daily Telegraph, I mean seriously, not even good enough for the Cocky Cage.

mrbluu
6th December 2012, 05:19 PM
Plus it was the Daily Telegraph, I mean seriously, not even good enough for the Cocky Cage.

Agreed. I'm already at the point were I don't read any of the "articles" "written" by Slothfield, might have to just give the whole paper the brush!!!

Jarro
6th December 2012, 05:19 PM
Daves .... The Golf Channel has an up to date leaderboard on their app.

sms316
6th December 2012, 05:21 PM
Any good pics of Holly Sonders on there?

Daves
6th December 2012, 05:22 PM

Ta Jarro, hadn't thought to look there. Already have it on my S2.8)

Jarro
6th December 2012, 05:26 PM
Any good pics of Holly Sonders on there?

I haven't looked.

There could very well be.

sms316
6th December 2012, 05:28 PM
I haven't looked.

There could very well be.
There is usually some half decent video from Morning Drive on there with her. Tidy piece. Looks like she would be strong in the doggy.

sol381
6th December 2012, 06:16 PM
yeah saw that as well.. what a sook..just because the ball wouldnt land soft on the green and rolled into the bunker...try hitting it straight and the you wont be hitting from the fairway bunker.

I know how much we all love Robert Allenby, I can see this getting quite a bit of airplay on the various golf forums

Allenby on TV after his 3rd at 11. "U can put this course on the top of the list as the worst course I've played".

hocko
6th December 2012, 07:30 PM
yeah saw that as well.. what a sook..just because the ball wouldnt land soft on the green and rolled into the bunker...try hitting it straight and the you wont be hitting from the fairway bunker.
Landing soft from a fairway bunker!!!
How good is he?

sol381
6th December 2012, 07:46 PM
greens are pretty hard but you can normally get a hell of a lot of spin from a bunker, but dont carry on and say its the worst course ever just because youre having a bad day. also he knew the mic was close and he would be heard too. "how good is he?" ..not very at the moment it seems.

sms316
6th December 2012, 08:21 PM
He's entitled to say it is a dog track if that is what he thinks. The occasional non-PC thought doesn't go astray once in a while.

Flavzz
6th December 2012, 08:42 PM

Classic. What a rod. So if theoretically I birdie 8 holes and bogey 9 holes(+1 score), I must have played terribly because I made 9 bogeys?

rubin
6th December 2012, 08:59 PM
Classic. What a rod. So if theoretically I birdie 8 holes and bogey 9 holes(+1 score), I must have played terribly because I made 9 bogeys?

No.

You would still be playing as h have only played 17 holes

Flavzz
6th December 2012, 09:01 PM
Nice, but remember I walked off on 17 because I was playing so terribly..

dhills2
6th December 2012, 09:41 PM
It doesn't surprise me that they haven't organised the event well. My gf's old man played in the pro-am and he said they didn't even set up enough tables for all of the participants in the clubhouse for the lunch and presentation. He said that his group didn't even hear the presentation because they had to be seated outside on the balcony. Oh well, at least I got half a dozen leftover Pentas out of it :)

matty
6th December 2012, 09:47 PM
A mate of a mate won a spot in the pro-am and was partnered with Lonard. He was warming up on the range with plenty of gaps and hears someone walk up behind him and say 'Move' in a very loud and aggressive tone. No prizes for guessing who (non-player.).

matty
6th December 2012, 09:50 PM

The 14yo old Asian kid next to Leishman. Gives you an idea of how small he is.

matty
6th December 2012, 09:52 PM

The man himself Tom Watson, meeting Jake Higginbottom and Chalmers on the 1st.

matty
6th December 2012, 09:54 PM

View down the 1st

Captain Nemo
6th December 2012, 09:54 PM
Matty, did you have Oakley gear on today, I thought I may have seen you?
Anyway, I was out there from 8-5pm
Mate of mine had members passes, his mil was scoring for the Appleby group so we followed them for a while.
They played well (Ohern) but left a few putts put there.
Then got on the cans about 11
Clubhouse lunch and a couple more cans
Grabbed a few more each after lunch and followed Bowdo from holes 1-12
Caught up with him from the walk from the 1st to the 2nd he'd a brief chat
He seemed in good spirits after a near birdie miss on the first.
I thought he hit it very well the holes I watched, if he could have made some putts ......
Heard a lot of pros complaining of the greens speed wise?
Great days viewing, pretty pissed when I got hime:wink:

matty
6th December 2012, 09:56 PM
This will be hanging in the pool room as of tomorrow.

matty
6th December 2012, 10:03 PM
I did have the Oakley on. Good on you for saying hello, not!
I started on the Canadian Clubs about 11 too but stopped after realising it was still a long day ahead.
Were they saying the greens were too slow?
Can't believe the muppets who can't find the silent button on their phones. Must of heard 8 or 10 go off during the day.

Courty
6th December 2012, 10:04 PM
This will be hanging in the pool room as of tomorrow.

Would've looked better on an OZgolf bucket hat. ;)

matty
6th December 2012, 10:05 PM
What about future re-sale value?

Captain Nemo
6th December 2012, 10:22 PM
Matty, saw you across a tee box, didn't want to yell out!:wink:
Wind def got up on a few holes, sorted a few guys right out.
I couldn't believe how many short putts guys where missing.....

damoocow
6th December 2012, 10:31 PM
I enjoy reading Ben Everill's articles as a sports journo. Also very glad that IBF is commentating on 7.

Listening to Baker Finch's grating voice and self serving comments makes me want to reach into the TV and punch him in the face - he is almost as bad as Ian Healy as a commentator.

hocko
6th December 2012, 10:52 PM
Listening to Baker Finch's grating voice and self serving comments makes me want to reach into the TV and punch him in the face - he is almost as bad as Ian Healy as a commentator.

I disagree.

mackie
7th December 2012, 07:17 AM
IBF is the best commentator going round

interesting about green speed comments, i think they were a little concerned being day one not to have them too fast.

The problem is they look really fast, they are in 100% better condition this year then last year.

Im sure Sat/Sun they will be running 11.5 - 12

Captain Nemo
7th December 2012, 08:09 AM
J, like the day we played, they looked super but you really had to give them a whack to get them to the hole.
Bowdo said they where ok, but he's been struggling with his putting, which was evident the last round of Q School
Also due to the warm windy weather, I suppose they didn't want to cut and roll them to short so they didn't have another "fiasco" like that tourney wherever it was a few years ago......;)

matty
7th December 2012, 08:17 AM
http://www.smh.com.au/sport/golf/caddies-word-war-gets-nasty-20121206-2aybx.html

Caddy punch up yesterday. Spewing I missed it!

sms316
7th December 2012, 08:19 AM
IBF is a shocking commentator who constantly dumbs his comments down and talks up play rather than be critical. He is far better suited to his role with CBS as single hole commentator.

Australian coverage is always directed at novices for some reason which is odd since the only people who watch golf on tv are golfers.

razaar
7th December 2012, 08:25 AM
IBF is a shocking commentator who constantly dumbs his comments down and talks up play rather than be critical. He is far better suited to his role with CBS as single hole commentator.

Australian coverage is always directed at novices for some reason which is odd since the only people who watch golf on tv are golfers.
Couldn't agree more Shaun. I usually turn the volume down whenever I hear his voice.

Steve57
7th December 2012, 10:52 AM
Looks like Bowdo will be spending the weekend surfing.
3 over after 10 today to go with his 5 over yesterday.

Flavzz
7th December 2012, 12:34 PM
IBF is a reasonable commentator but he talks too much. Just make one point and leave it at that. I think he tries to cram every piece of his knowledge down your throat before they cut him off to go to the next shot.

PushDraw
7th December 2012, 12:53 PM
Nice to see Watson post a good number, should be enough to see him around for the weekend.

Rodent
7th December 2012, 11:45 PM
Tom Watson posts the low round of the day....what a legend.

dhills2
7th December 2012, 11:56 PM
I admit that IBF is much better as a single hole commentator. He has too much freedom and responsibility on an inexperienced commentary team. However, I have no issue with Ch 7 commentators guiding the commentary toward a novice audience as it encourages more people to watch the golf. Us golfers would watch the coverage regardless of who is commentating so it really doesn't make much difference.

matty
8th December 2012, 02:04 PM
Wind making it interesting today.

razaar
8th December 2012, 03:10 PM
Changed my mind about Finchy after getting Cam Smith's home course, Wantima, correct. Cam shot 69 including 8 birdies and 5 bogies, the rest pars. He always plays well when his swing coach is on the bag.

TR66
8th December 2012, 03:10 PM
Just noticed on the leaderboard that Nitties and Leishman are on the same number at the moment, although Leishman still has 4 to play.

It would make for aa interesting pairnig for the last round.

BayBum
8th December 2012, 08:47 PM
Whoever threw down the coin on Senior is in a good spot !

Sendo's putter won't turn up tomorrow so take yer pick lads.

Webster
8th December 2012, 09:17 PM
How did Allenby go?

Dotty
8th December 2012, 09:45 PM
How did Allenby go?
Wah! Wah! Wah!

Followed by 'I'm not appreciated by Australian fans.' and 'Can I exchange this for a Friday night flight?'

Webster
8th December 2012, 10:04 PM
He's just misunderstood Dotty.

Eag's
8th December 2012, 10:32 PM
Whoever threw down the coin on Senior is in a good spot !

Sendo's putter won't turn up tomorrow so take yer pick lads.
Bummer, I was one week to early backing Senior :(

sms316
8th December 2012, 11:01 PM
Could be another good week for the asterisk.

LeftyHoges
8th December 2012, 11:52 PM
Gave a mate 10/1 odds on Scotty winning this arvo, he whacked a lobster on it. Feeling just a little nervous. :-(

Puji
9th December 2012, 06:47 AM
Could be another good week for the asterisk.

Like!

dhills2
9th December 2012, 07:20 AM
Just about to leave the house to attend the final day :)

dan
9th December 2012, 10:18 AM
The problem with finchy is he dumbs down the conversation. I think he forgets that viewers are golfers.

CobraSS
9th December 2012, 10:27 AM
The problem with finchy is he dumbs down the conversation. I think he forgets that viewers are golfers.

Already said twice on this page, perhaps you forgetting the posters on this forum are golfers? :-P

Peter
9th December 2012, 12:09 PM
Sounds like a nice afternoon ahead for the spectators. Wonder if they will have to play tomorrow.

Captain Nemo
9th December 2012, 12:12 PM
Mate just texted me saying play suspended....soft!

Captain Nemo
9th December 2012, 01:16 PM
Careful Dicky, someone might get ansy and post "wrong thread" all the like.....

Peter
9th December 2012, 05:40 PM
I'll be really disappointed if Senior wins with that cheatstick.

Sydney Hacker
9th December 2012, 05:41 PM
Go the anchor!

sms316
9th December 2012, 06:36 PM
Could be another good week for the asterisk. Yep. Couldn't agree with me more.

WBennett
9th December 2012, 06:40 PM
Go Canberra's Brendan Jones! Champion bloke from my drink with him at Canberra Races many years ago.

Broomstick
9th December 2012, 06:44 PM
Bit of luck we might have a Quinella.

sms316
9th December 2012, 06:45 PM
Go Canberra's Brendan Jones! Champion bloke from my drink with him at Canberra Races many years ago. Great fella. I might be having a game with him on Saturday week.

Sydney Hacker
9th December 2012, 06:58 PM
Some nerveless putting going on by senior so far...

davepuppies
9th December 2012, 06:58 PM
So given that sevens telecast has ended is there anywhere else I can watch the finish?

Daves
9th December 2012, 06:59 PM
I am watching it on 7 Two.

Peter
Where are you? 7Two still showing it in Sydney.

mudrat
It's on seven 2

Sydney Hacker
Yep 7 two in Sydney

WBennett
9th December 2012, 07:01 PM
Great fella. I might be having a game with him on Saturday week.

Is that why we are on the Sunday :)

sms316
9th December 2012, 07:18 PM
Is that why we are on the Sunday :) No mate. He's on Saturday because you are Sunday.

Broomstick
9th December 2012, 07:25 PM
Great fella. I might be having a game with him on Saturday week.

So , will you walk off and go back to the clubhouse on the first green when he pulls out his long putter.

sms316
9th December 2012, 07:32 PM
So , will you walk off and go back to the clubhouse on the first green when he pulls out his long putter. No. Never stopped me sledging him before though. I've a round or two with him (he's stupidly good btw).

Jarro
9th December 2012, 07:33 PM
Nice effort from Senior

sms316
9th December 2012, 07:35 PM
Nice effort from Senior Do you reckon he would have made the cut if the cheat stick wasn't permitted?

WBennett
9th December 2012, 07:35 PM
No mate. He's on Saturday because you are Sunday.

We still have a free spot if he wants to join us ;)

Hooker
9th December 2012, 07:36 PM
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Broomstick
9th December 2012, 07:38 PM
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sydney Hacker
9th December 2012, 07:39 PM
A great show of holding his nerves down the stretch.

Lagerlover
9th December 2012, 07:40 PM
How much could you buy Rose's putter for atm?

Broomstick
9th December 2012, 07:40 PM
Bit of luck we might have a Quinella.

Got it . Go the broomy.

Webster
9th December 2012, 07:44 PM
Just shows why anchoring is cheating and should be banned now. So much easier to put in the wind with the putter jammed against your chest.

sms316
9th December 2012, 07:45 PM
Just shows why anchoring is cheating and should be banned now. So much easier to put in the wind with the putter jammed against your chest. Yet the apologists will tell you it is tougher in the wind. Frog shit.

sms316
9th December 2012, 07:46 PM
A great show of holding his nerves down the stretch. Not a yip in sight.

razaar
9th December 2012, 07:46 PM
Peter Senior - amazing golfer.

Jarro
9th December 2012, 07:48 PM
A win for the ages

Sydney Hacker
9th December 2012, 07:50 PM
Yet another one for the record books.

Hooker
9th December 2012, 07:56 PM
Just shows why anchoring is cheating and should be banned now. So much easier to put in the wind with the putter jammed against your chest.

You are just going around in circles again mate , won fair and square , no asterisks , Australian open champion.

Stick that up your whatever you like and accept it.

Eag's
9th December 2012, 08:11 PM
Great to see Senior win, he is a top bloke who just loves to play.

sms316
9th December 2012, 08:15 PM
Great to see Senior win, he is a top bloke who just loves to play. He is a top bloke, but unfortunately his career will always be one that can't be taken seriously.

Webster
9th December 2012, 08:17 PM
This, and any other win until 2016 will carry a double asterix. Cheating in full knowledge that anchoring has been deemed cheating.Making a mockery of our most prestigeous event. Shameful.

Eag's
9th December 2012, 08:18 PM
He is a top bloke, but unfortunately his career will always be one that can't be taken seriously.

Not taken seriously by you, but I don't think he will lose any sleep over it.

sms316
9th December 2012, 08:24 PM
Not taken seriously by you, but I don't think he will lose any sleep over it. Fair point. He should though, given the timing of his career has pretty much been where the game has been brought into disrepute because of the long putter.

dhills2
9th December 2012, 10:13 PM
Ogilvy was not at all keen to resume play today. Spent more time complaining to everyone on the practice green than warming up during the suspension :) Last time I watched him play he was chucking a tantrum. Is his attitude letting him down these days?

I see what everyone was on about when they posted that the Masters is going to eat that 14 yr old kid alive! I watched him practice his putting today and I swear he missed about 10 short putts in a row... we're talking 3-4ft tops from the same spot.

BenM
9th December 2012, 10:17 PM
I was pretty happy to see Senior win, cheat stick or not.

Admittedly I didn't see the whole round but I didn't see him hole too many long putts today. He just kept it in play, and kept on getting up and down, even though he hit some pretty poor approach shots (in tough conditions) almost every chip he hit seemed to finish inside 3 feet. Seems to me that it wasn't the cheat stick that won the day, not today at least.

hocko
9th December 2012, 10:21 PM
Everyone else is allowed to anchor for the next 3 years if they want. It's their call if they do or not whilst it is conforming.

Ashes
9th December 2012, 10:40 PM
Did the 14 year old use a cheat stick?

A kid that age should be switching straight away.

fireblade
9th December 2012, 10:56 PM
brilliant win in those conditions by a brilliant ballstriker.

dhills2
9th December 2012, 11:05 PM

Wasn't using one on the putting green today. Not sure what he used in the tourney.

mrbluu
10th December 2012, 09:12 AM
Ogilvy was not at all keen to resume play today. Spent more time complaining to everyone on the practice green than warming up during the suspension :) Last time I watched him play he was chucking a tantrum. Is his attitude letting him down these days?

I see what everyone was on about when they posted that the Masters is going to eat that 14 yr old kid alive! I watched him practice his putting today and I swear he missed about 10 short putts in a row... we're talking 3-4ft tops from the same spot.

Like a lot of the sports ppl Ogilvy hasn't performed well since doing the Swiss Vitamins ads.......

Daves
10th December 2012, 09:15 AM
Like a lot of the sports ppl Ogilvy hasn't performed well since doing the Swiss Vitamins ads.......

T'was only thinking the same thing yesterday, as they played that ad for the umpteen time.

Monsta
10th December 2012, 09:17 AM

Im not taking those vitamins then, I play bad enough as it is :lol:

mrbluu
10th December 2012, 09:27 AM
Im not taking those vitamins then, I play bad enough as it is :lol:

Well don't start cos you could blow out a couple of more shots!!! :wink:

razaar
10th December 2012, 09:27 AM
What a thrill for Bert and Ronda Senior, they have watched their son Peter win important golf tournaments since he was a teenager. They have obviously passed on great golfing genes to all their four sons who have all been great ball strikers. Their annual family Christmas cricket match may see new equipment this year.

Sydney Hacker
10th December 2012, 10:01 AM
What a thrill for Bert and Ronda Senior, they have watched their son Peter win important golf tournaments since he was a teenager. They have obviously passed on great golfing genes to all their four sons who have all been great ball strikers. Their annual family Christmas cricket match may see new equipment this year.Broomstick cricket bat? Is anchoring allowed in back yard cricket?

matty
10th December 2012, 10:20 AM

He was using a belly in round 1. If he was using a normal putting on the practice green that might explain some of the misses.

dhills2
10th December 2012, 01:11 PM
He was using a belly in round 1. If he was using a normal putting on the practice green that might explain some of the misses.

I was seriously watching him practice from 3-4ft for about 10 minutes and don't recall seeing one drop. It was unbelievable. My mate and I thought he must have been aiming to lip out until he threw his hands in the air in frustration after missing so many in a row. I hope he gets his short putting under control before the Masters... otherwise it could end up being an unpleasant experience for him. He also had three or four guys standing around him all chipping in with advice... I reckon he needs to get rid of the glory hunters & work with one coach.

Ashes
10th December 2012, 01:16 PM
I was seriously watching him practice from 3-4ft for about 10 minutes and don't recall seeing one drop. It was unbelievable. My mate and I thought he must have been aiming to lip out until he threw his hands in the air in frustration after missing so many in a row. I hope he gets his short putting under control before the Masters... otherwise it could end up being an unpleasant experience for him. He also had three or four guys standing around him all chipping in with advice... I reckon he needs to get rid of the glory hunters & work with one coach.

For memory this kid got to where he has on the back of a his putting and chipping?

Webster
10th December 2012, 01:19 PM
He cheats with a belly putter.

dhills2
10th December 2012, 01:20 PM
Ashes - True, but it appears he is trying to make the transition to a normal putter.

Monsta
10th December 2012, 01:21 PM
For memory this kid got to where he has on the back of a his putting and chipping?

He is not the biggest hitter, so "Houston, we have a problem"

idgolfguy
10th December 2012, 01:29 PM
Ashes - True, but it appears he is trying to make the transition to a normal putter.
There is no proof that an anchored stroke impacts on putting...so I've been told.

Ashes
10th December 2012, 01:33 PM
There is no proof that an anchored stroke impacts on putting...so I've been told.

Even if there isn't an advantage to anchoring, there would certainly be a disadvantage to switching from anchored to non-anchored if that's how you've learnt the game!

The rules bodies have done this kid a disservice by taking so long to act. I reckon his coaches have let him down too by pushing him in that direction.

Marto65
10th December 2012, 01:38 PM

Seemed to me that the only guys holing anything yesterday was W"Anchorers"

razaar
10th December 2012, 02:33 PM
Seemed to me that the only guys holing anything yesterday was W"Anchorers"
The player needs to be well braced to putt with a long putter. Which is something that tends to get overlooked by players using the conventional putter. The wind never seemed to bother Nichlaus, Trevino and Watson because they were well braced in their setup.

popper81
10th December 2012, 05:14 PM
Chalk another win up for the RSS..... Stack and Tilt wins the tour school...... Add virge at the champs, and it has been a big year :lol: