PDA

View Full Version : Week Commencing 19th November

PeteyD
25th November 2012, 06:38 PM
Everyone seems to have compressed a fortnight into a week.

First game back from Japan (no golf since the 26th October). Still a bit tired and sore from carting the bags/shopping/walking etc. Took a while to get some sort of swing back, 11 on the first 9, come home with 16 on the back. Was generally happy with the way I finished.

Jarro
25th November 2012, 07:21 PM
31 pts today.

Started ok but faded badly towards the end of the round.

That'll teach me for hitting the birthday rum and only getting 4 hours sleep the night before :rolleyes:

Eag's
25th November 2012, 08:39 PM
35 Pts at Royal Nudgee today 15/20
Hit the ball a lot better today with a bit of form returning.

Grunt
25th November 2012, 08:54 PM
Had a hit at Botany on Friday was my first hit is almost 8 months. Was surprised how well the driver worked with all but one fairway hit off the tee. Short irons were crap still and Putter worked ok.

Not sure when the next game will be but with the prospect of having the Xmas new year period of work it will no doubt see a few games once again.

BenM
25th November 2012, 09:07 PM
86 off the stick at Gold Creek yesterday (so 3 over my 'cap) with a hole in one on the 5th.

Sorry, I know I already posted it in the other thread but I just wanted to write it again. :D

catch22
27th November 2012, 08:44 AM
gratz BenM! Do you have an honour board or something at your club for Hole in One's?

I had 35pts on sunday, 20f 15b.

8FW, 5GIR, 34 putts, 1 x 3 putts

Hitting irons pretty well at the moment, 3 wood play has gone downhill for some reason though (had 2 topped shots).
Chipped in for a bird on 5 which was nice. Putting was okish but missed a lot of gettable putts through misreads.

BenM
27th November 2012, 11:12 AM
gratz BenM! Do you have an honour board or something at your club for Hole in One's?

At my club we have a board, I'm pretty sure (there are about a million honour boards!) as well as a bottle of good scotch to be sampled after the occasion.

Unfortunately it wasn't at my home club, it was an interstate course I'd never played before (and I had to run off straight after the round to get to a function). But I don't care - we were playing 'proper' golf, scoring, only hitting one ball, no gimmes, and I had a witness who took a photo and signed the card for me. I only wish I hadn't chosen Saturday to mix stripes and checks (really wasn't thinking when I packed the bag to go away haha)...

Seems like it was the week for it, with another OzGolf member doing the same thing!