PDA

View Full Version : What ebay feedback do I leave (if any)?

AndyP
25th October 2005, 01:05 PM
I don't know what to do about feedback to leave for this PS2 control pad I got off ebay.
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8223720715

The transaction was fine.
The delivery was fast.
The item looks good.

But I just have this gut feeling that it isn't a genuine product. You can't tell from the looks, but it just seems like the buttons on it are a little more clunky than a genuine, and the analog controls don't seem quite right. Or maybe it's just the characteristics of a new control pad and just me being paranoid. :smt102

Unless something goes wrong, I can't leave negative. Neutral doesn't seem right either.
So I guess I either leave positive feedback or nothing at all. :?

andylo
25th October 2005, 01:58 PM
Get a professional (game shop, or me :p) to have a look.

If it's a fake but it works and you are not happy, leave a netural feedback if you want.

AndyP
25th October 2005, 03:17 PM
Get a professional (game shop, or me :p) to have a look.
You're a professional on control pads?

andylo
25th October 2005, 05:19 PM
On games ;)... well I was anyway.

jaster
25th October 2005, 05:45 PM
In my experience if the pad is feeling clunky usually it is because of use...after a while the contacts get gunky (is that a word?) from all the grime and grit of everyday use. Also another thought....If the previous owner used it as a DVD controller he may have masturbated all over it :oops: :wink: :lol:

You did clean it before using it I hope :wink:

drunken
25th October 2005, 06:51 PM
Another point to consider...I have 4 controllers....The two originals I bought in 2001 were both made in Taiwan. The two I've bought since then are made in China. They feel slightly different to the others, both in texture & the way the analouge reacts on all buttons/sticks.

Check underneath and see where its made.

AndyP
25th October 2005, 08:01 PM
In my experience if the pad is feeling clunky usually it is because of use.
It's new, gumbi.
Post ignored. :razz:

Another point to consider...I have 4 controllers....The two originals I bought in 2001 were both made in Taiwan. The two I've bought since then are made in China. They feel slightly different to the others, both in texture & the way the analouge reacts on all buttons/sticks.

Check underneath and see where its made.
Good thinking, drunken.
My other control pad must be 3 or 4 years old by now, so maybe I am too used to it.

One thing to note from the auction is that he never mentions "sony" or "genuine".
Just checked. Both made in China.
There are subtle differences in the look of a couple of buttons and the analog light. But that doesn't really mean much.

jaster
25th October 2005, 08:11 PM
LOL ;)

Actually...look at the other auctions he has...a buy it now for $12...very very suss IMO

AndyP
25th October 2005, 08:20 PM
LOL ;)

Actually...look at the other auctions he has...a buy it now for $12...very very suss IMO
I knew about the buy it nows, as I was never going to bid more than the $11 he has on some of them. Although you will find that plenty of morons did.
He also only started up a couple of months ago and has been selling plenty.

Suss, yes, but I figured the $20 I was shelling out was just as much as what I would pay for some crappy generic brand, so worth the risk.