PDA

View Full Version : stand, cart or caddy bag?

CanuckDownUnder
22nd November 2012, 09:09 PM
I'm sitting on the fence with what bag to go with. I currently have a stand bag which is light and does the job on the range, but is barely useful in a cart. Have used a tour bag in the past , but maybe too big for the cart at times. Anyone use a cart bag and find the pro's outweigh the cons over stand and tour bags?

Dangals
22nd November 2012, 09:27 PM
Have a look at the sun mountain hybrid - stand bag that is designed to work in a cart as well. Got one a week or so ago and it is great. Plenty of storage and still light enough to carry when loaded. Best of both worlds in my opinion

Courty
22nd November 2012, 09:28 PM
There are a few 'hybrid' stand bags that bridge the gap between the two. My current bag (Sun Mountain Hybrid (http://www.sunmountain.com/2013-hybrid-1450-detail.html)) is one of those. It has the carry straps & legs of a stand bag, but a larger sturdier body than most stand bags, individual full-length dividers, and is designed to sit well on push buggies or on motorised carts. IMO, the best of both worlds.

Incidentally, Titleist bags come out of the same factory as Sun Mountain. I have seen the Titleist version and it is virtually identical apart from the brand name, although I have no idea what the model is called.

Captain Nemo
22nd November 2012, 09:38 PM
Can't remember what brand it was but the one Thomo bought with me when he was down in Sydney was outstanding.
Some sort of stand/cart hybrid thing with full length 14 dividers.....?

CanuckDownUnder
22nd November 2012, 09:42 PM
Yes . I was aware that "Titty" and Sun "Mountain" came from the same factory. They are huge in Canada. Just need that extra room and ease of access and storage(putter mostly)when on a cart. Hardly ever walk or buggy.

pt73
23rd November 2012, 09:33 AM
I use a Callaway Forrester Cart Bag (see below) on my Clicgear 3.0 and it's a fantastic bag. The only minor issue is that there's not lots of room in the largest pockets for rain gear etc.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Callaway-Forrester-Golf-Bag-/300821127298

mrbluu
23rd November 2012, 02:44 PM
I have the new Ping Hoofer and it works a treat. The legs are integrated into the base so it sits flat on the buggies.

Croydo
23rd November 2012, 06:03 PM
Ive just bought a ping pioneer cart bag, 14 full length dividers and heaps of pockets make it the best bag I've owned.

RobNewy
23rd November 2012, 09:10 PM
I have last years Sun Mountain Sync bag.
Sort of similar to this one but much nicer

https://www.sunmountain.com/2013-sync-1368-detail.html

tim_golfer2
23rd November 2012, 09:49 PM
I've had the Sun Mountain Hybrid for a few months now and love it. It would be a fairly big bag to walk the course (though not way too big) but it's perfect for range and standing up at the clubhouse / next to the car when packing etc. Full length dividers are great. It looks the goods. Goes well on the cart and on my clicgear too. About $280 from memory. I got it from pgatour.com shop just before they began selling them locally. Same price either way (after shipping).