View Full Version : Twin Creeks

irishamateur
19th November 2012, 05:40 PM
What is the consensus on this place?

http://www.twincreeksgolf.com.au/

Playing there on Sunday

Dangals
19th November 2012, 05:54 PM
Played there a couple of times and have enjoyed it every time. Usually in good condition with fast true greens and plenty of bunkers. A good test of ones golf game - especially if the wind picks up

mrbluu
19th November 2012, 06:01 PM
how much is it to play there?

irishamateur
19th November 2012, 06:14 PM
$70 walking, $90 in cart

mrbluu
19th November 2012, 06:49 PM
Cool. Do u have to play with a member or can anyone book tee Times

irishamateur
19th November 2012, 07:15 PM
Anyone can book

Grunt
21st November 2012, 07:28 AM
Dont mind the place only played it a couple of times and it was in pretty good nick then.

Greeny
21st November 2012, 12:19 PM
Yes, good track and slightly underrated among Sydney golfers. Although it is on the outskirts of Sydney I suppose. Some wonderful golf holes and always in good nick.

irishamateur
26th November 2012, 10:10 AM
Great course!

- greens in excellent condition
- well thought out bunkering
- tee boxes in good condition (I hate it when you can't find a flat area on a tee box!)
- Pro was very friendly and let us play from the black tees
- easily walkable

JADO75
26th November 2012, 10:19 AM
what did you shoot?

Dangals
26th November 2012, 10:29 AM
....really ?

That is actually a good hole – par 5 9th and it is a big risk reward hole as there is plenty of bunkers protecting the green for the long 2nd shot in but also bunkers protecting the layup distances (far left and the two directly to the right of that).

Captain Nemo
26th November 2012, 10:49 AM
Dicky, serious question, why would they do those bunkers with such jagged edges?
Surely the upkeep of them would be a stack more $$ than just having conventional smooth contours?

BrisVegas
26th November 2012, 01:54 PM
Twin Creeks was good fun I thought. A couple of silly tough holes, but by and large it was playable. I played it with virge and KJ a few years ago, not long after it opened I think. dicky's right, it's probably over-styled and over-bunkered. But then, most new layouts are... It's just the way it is sadly.

Eldrick
26th November 2012, 04:00 PM
Isn't it the 9th at twin creeks that was designed that when you looked back from green to tee you wouldn't see any of the bunkers?

Andrew
26th November 2012, 04:11 PM
In my option the massive amounts of bunkering here is the furthest thing to risk-reward I have seen. Go take a look at Commonwealth, RM and the like and you will see that there are bunkers guarding the best line to the pin...the rest of the fairway is mainly trouble free. If the player hits away from the obstacle then they have short grass under their ball but probably a much tougher approach shot. This allows the chopper to hit away from the trouble and not be hitting out of bunkers all day. The better players need to hit it near the trouble to shoot a better score.

Lets not even mention the amount of time this volume of sand needs to be maintained.

Great quote, Dicky.

You are truly a beautiful man.

PeteyD
26th November 2012, 04:27 PM
Looks like they put some paper under a bunch of galahs on a power line and bunkered where the crap landed.

Andrew
26th November 2012, 05:24 PM
Looks like they put some paper under a bunch of galahs on a power line and bunkered where the crap landed.

I believe that's what The Good Doctor did. Of course, Peter Thomson used rabbit crap, hence the round pot bunkers.

PeteyD
26th November 2012, 07:45 PM
I believe that's what The Good Doctor did. Of course, Peter Thomson used rabbit crap, hence the round pot bunkers.

I was referring to Twin Creeks, not RM of course.

Andrew
26th November 2012, 10:47 PM
I was referring to Twin Creeks, not RM of course.

Yes, I know. I was making a joke. Although, obviously not a good one.

Dicky, you were at CL. You should have popped in. I live about 5 mins away.

PeteyD
26th November 2012, 10:54 PM
Just too subtle for me ;)

Grunt
27th November 2012, 08:47 AM
Add another 5 Dicky to the trip and you go past my place. Probably past my place on the way from the airport. I think I need to have a hit at CL in the Xmas/New year break.

paulp
28th November 2012, 02:21 PM
Hi all - long time lurker, first time poster. Be nice.

Having another hit at tc in a few weeks and just noticed that it's no longer listed on the troon site - I assume ties have been cut. ANy ideas what this might mean for the course? Conditioning, would it make it that much harder for it to stay afloat?

jimandr
28th November 2012, 08:37 PM
Add another 5 Dicky to the trip and you go past my place. Probably past my place on the way from the airport. I think I need to have a hit at CL in the Xmas/New year break.

I'll invite you, and anybody else who has the time off between Xmas and New Year, providing it isn't 40 degrees every day. Anybody who can get the secret plans out of Rich is particularly welcome.

Planet Golf
31st December 2012, 08:10 AM
I love Twin Creeks, best track I have played in Sydney (not played Royal S, The Oz or NSW), it is always in great nick, good fun course, not too long, and the bunkers are well placed when you are actually on the course, rather than looking from the sky.

Highly recommend.

Andrew
31st December 2012, 10:36 AM
the bunkers are well placed when you are actually on the course, rather than looking from the sky.

Sorry, but I have to disagree with that. The bunkering (on course) has a certain amount of visual intimidation the first time around, but after one or two rounds the personal landing zones become very obvious and the bunkering does nothing to entice the golfer away from their basic strategy or to attack the ‘line of charm’.

Stuartd147
31st December 2012, 04:53 PM
Played there today, great setup and in good nick. Off the plates and at 220-230m average driving distance not many really come in to play as much as they appear.....but there is a lot of them! The $85 deal they have going just now incloudes your round, cart and lunch.....pretty good value.....enjoyed the day. Matty on the money though:(

matty
31st December 2012, 05:05 PM
Would have to agree with the last two posts, especially Andrews. On some of the holes I was very intimidated with the amount of bunkers but when you get up to the ball the landing areas are often pretty generous. Once you know the landing areas the course would be a lot less intimidating.

I thought the 11th or 12th, a short par 4 was stupid. A very narrow opening to the green over water or pick your line between a jungle of bunkers. The hole turned out good for me but didn't think much of it.

One of the par 5's has bunkers everywhere on it. Looks like the Air Force has done some serious bombing on it. When you look back from the elevated green you can't see one bunker, just a long, grassy fairway. Very weird to see. The sand was plentiful, greens okay, nothing too memorable, overall condition was excellent. Great clubhouse and practice facilities.

Would definitely return.

-FIGJAM-
30th January 2013, 02:20 PM
I have played here during a annual Charity day for a special needs school in my area. I must say I find it to be a challenging course to play but enjoyable.

Course seems to be kept nicely the entire way around. If I lived closer I would play there more often.

Take what I say with a grain of salt, I have only played a handful of courses....

Cheers,