PDA

View Full Version : Cypress Lakes

Fishman Dan
23rd October 2005, 05:46 PM
Any course fanatics played Cypress?

Firstly, i'd like to know your thoughts. After my 2nd gig here, i rate it. But the first 3 holes have caused headaches for management.

1st - Par 5 uphill-left. First shot across water. Not particularly long.
2nd - 170m downhill par 3. If you lose the ball right it will roll a long way away.
3rd - 590m Par 5 (from the tips).

Because the bulk of players here are guests and therefore getting freebies, they aren't hardened golfers. These 3 holes slow the field to a crawl, and require constant marshalling.

The course is constructed of 2 x 9 hole themes - front 9 is 'Parkland', back 9 'Link's style'.

They are about to re-route the course, which means you're like to play 5 or 6 Parkland-style, 9 Links, then the remainder of the front 9 Parkland again. Seems a little silly to me.

Surely there are better ways of speeding up play for the choppers, such as (very) alternate tees?

AndyP
23rd October 2005, 07:25 PM
3rd - 590m Par 3 (from the tips).
:shock:
Par 5? Or 190m par 3?

I've only looked over the fence at the course, regretting that I didn't take my golf clubs for the weekend when I went to my sister's wedding. (Missus wouldn't let me actually).

Fishman Dan
23rd October 2005, 07:45 PM
3rd - 590m Par 3 (from the tips).
:shock:
Par 5?  Or 190m par 3?

I've only looked over the fence at the course, regretting that I didn't take my golf clubs for the weekend when I went to my sister's wedding.  (Missus wouldn't let me actually).

Er, not many birdies made on that hole... :oops:

Changed..

Speirsy11
19th November 2005, 02:32 PM
Dan

I agree, those first three holes are a great start for a tournament but a nightmare for a resort course. We were the second group off last time I played there and it took forever to play the first four holes before the group ahead of us let us through. It might actually play faster if they flipped the nines and let everyone start on the 10th, a mid length par 5, then a mid length par 4 and a mid length par 3........

All in all I'm a fan of that course, as we've discussed before. I think it's far more playable for the average guy then The Vintage is, and leads to a more enjoyable day a lot of the time because the likelihood of losing 25 balls is greatly decreased compared to The Vintage.

Speirsy