PDA

View Full Version : Hitting it straight

Shortylook
7th November 2012, 08:31 PM
Just when I think I have my golf game going a little straight, I go an play a round and boom, hello slice town. It's so anoying.

matty
7th November 2012, 08:39 PM
That's no good Shorty. What do you think brought that on?

popper81
7th November 2012, 08:41 PM
I thought this was about turning Yoss :)

Shortylook
7th November 2012, 09:03 PM
Um I don't know Matt, I hit 5 good ones then 5 bad ones, I think it's just going to come down to shitloads of practice I guess

Lobsta
7th November 2012, 11:20 PM
New set of clubs would fix that right up!

timah!
7th November 2012, 11:36 PM
New set of titleist clubs would fix that right up!

Amen brotha. Amen.

Shortylook
8th November 2012, 12:38 AM
Well now that you mention it, I had a hit of a mizuno mp59 the other day and and they felt very nice

Stuartd147
8th November 2012, 11:25 AM
I have been going through the same thing, some good shots then crap ones, one good round then several crap rounds, so I had a lesson 2 weeks back. Setup was OK, hands a bit strong but the main thing was that I was often not finishing my swing.....this was main cause of irratic behavour. If I don't finish my swing, hips stop, arms keep going, face closes, get a hook......I would rather ALWAYS hit the same predictable shot if I can.....a cut or draw or go straight, I dont really care each day so long as I can predict it. When I get tired or cautious or anxiety cuts in I stop finishing my swing, usually to have a look to see where it is going!!!!!

...my 2 cents...Stu

Daves
8th November 2012, 11:37 AM
I have been going through the same thing, some good shots then crap ones, one good round then several crap rounds, so I had a lesson 2 weeks back. Setup was OK, hands a bit strong but the main thing was that I was often not finishing my swing.....this was main cause of irratic behavour. If I don't finish my swing, hips stop, arms keep going, face closes, get a hook......I would rather ALWAYS hit the same predictable shot if I can.....a cut or draw or go straight, I dont really care each day so long as I can predict it. When I get tired or cautious or anxiety cuts in I stop finishing my swing, usually to have a look to see where it is going!!!!!

...my 2 cents...Stu

There was a good drill for this I saw recently in a mag I think, easy to incorporate in your preshot routine as well. Called the Step through drill, will see if I can find a Vid of it.

Daves
8th November 2012, 11:42 AM
There was a good drill for this I saw recently in a mag I think, easy to incorporate in your preshot routine as well. Called the Step through drill, will see if I can find a Vid of it.

Similar to this, I find it helps in making sure you complete the follow through, especially when you start to tire late in the round;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMHKMLSusWk