PDA

View Full Version : Gavin Simms Memorial - Fundraising for Lifeline

simmsy
2nd November 2012, 02:36 PM
gday all,
i just wanted to post here to let everyone know about the monies that were raised during last weeks GSM Champs weekend.

firstly just a MASSIVE thank you to everyone that was involved.

TOURFIT for his generosity in providing his brilliant forged clubs and his services.
Veeman for his bidding of the irons
Hocko for his bumping of the irons

all very much appreciated.

All the Easties that came over and participated in the way that they did, thank you all for your time and efforts. it was a great weekend that you guys played a massive part in. Also Marto for his donation of the badges and hats that he provided and were sold on to WAnkers but also to my parents and sister.

To all the WAnkers that made this weekend happen, Shadesy for your organisational and T-bagging skills, Hocko & JC for providing us with the GSM Trophy in the first place last year.

to everyone else that played there part and put the money in the tin for their shanks and birdies and also just the random donations that were made.

Also not to forget MegaWatty for the pizzas on saturday night. thanks mate.

thank you all. this community we have here is very special and a great deal of you have tremendously big hearts. cheers all.

attached is the receipt to Lifeline (incase anyone thinks im pocketing the cash ;) )

We raised $346.55 on the weekend.
TOURFIT's donation raised another $600.00 (this will be sorted out in good time, when the parties involved can get the time)

cheers to you all.

Simmsy.

Marto65
2nd November 2012, 02:40 PM
Well done Simmsy ...

I forgot to pay my bunker tax on Sunday.... and I had a birdie too ..

Ashes
2nd November 2012, 02:41 PM
Awesome work. Well done everyone for chipping in; a very good cause!

simmsy
2nd November 2012, 02:42 PM
Tourfit wishes he could Ashes.

Ashes
2nd November 2012, 02:45 PM
Lol

I imagine it would be difficult to chip in with a sherman..

In all seriousness, full credit to Fit for his donation.

simmsy
2nd November 2012, 02:55 PM
Totally.

hocko
2nd November 2012, 03:45 PM
Well done boys!

BayBum
2nd November 2012, 03:57 PM
Sure is nice to know there are good hearted people around here.

Thank you to you Simmsy for bringing "the issue" to the fore front here. It's a tragic way to have to be made aware of it but the important thing is, you are aware of it and letting it be known the way you have can only help others who may think they are the only one or are afraid to face up to it.

"Harden up" is not the answer (men). Believe me...

:)

Veefore
2nd November 2012, 09:41 PM
Well done Simmsy.

By the way, I'm really sorry I forgot to give you the money for the PI ticket on the weekend. I'll get in touch to fix you up for that.

simmsy
2nd November 2012, 09:43 PM
argh that's cool v4. if you want mate i can ping you my bank details if that works best?

Golfnut
3rd November 2012, 02:19 AM
Well done everyone....especially Tourfit, Hocko and Veeman, outstanding effort lads.

Simmsy, great job on getting this up and organised.....you are a real credit to this place mate.....keep it up, we're right behind you (pro homo)

Big challenge to beat that total next year but I'm sure we're up to it.

Veefore
3rd November 2012, 08:49 AM
argh that's cool v4. if you want mate i can ping you my bank details if that works best?

Thanks. That'll be great.

G.K
3rd November 2012, 06:35 PM
Well done to all involved!

I lurk around on a few forums, not just golf related, and it is truly awesome to see similar types of fundraising going on across many different fields.

Pity I couldn't be there to make a contribution. With things such as bunker tax etc as mentioned above, I think my back pocket would have ended up substantially lighter after the weekend. Will be there with bells on in 2013!

simmsy
3rd November 2012, 09:43 PM
Be good to have u down there gk.

Be sure to have ur post count up to spec.

G.K
3rd November 2012, 10:32 PM
I'll keep working on it simmsy!

simmsy
4th November 2012, 12:27 PM
Just follow Yoss's philosophy.

Eldrick
4th November 2012, 12:39 PM
Just follow Yoss's philosophy.

That it's only gay if balls touch?

G.K
4th November 2012, 03:01 PM
Speaking of touching, I ain't gonna touch that with a 40 foot pole.

Now back on topic. Simmsy, we do a bit of fundraising at work. We have casual dress in the office on a Friday and accept a gold coin donantion from any workers in casual dress. It's not mandatory to donate but the majority of people chip in. At the end of each month, we chose a charity and donate the money raised. I was thinking that as I didn't get to make a contribution at the champs, I'll nominate Lifeline as the charity for the money that we raise this month. I assume the easiest way to pass on the funds would be through their website?

simmsy
4th November 2012, 04:01 PM
wow that would be really cool mate.

yeah if you just go to

https://www.ippayments.com.au/portal/payment/details.aspx

y (https://www.ippayments.com.au/portal/payment/details.aspx)ou can fill out from there and pay it straight in to their account, otherwise you can drop the money into their offices in Perth.

thanks GK