PDA

View Full Version : Week Commencing 17th October

Grunt
20th October 2005, 01:14 PM
Well had a hit around Mac Grange with my work social club this morning.
39 points, got done by 1 for the win. Picked up a bottle of wine & 2 balls.
Played well could have been anything with 16 on the front and 23 on the back. I played the back nine in 7 over off the stick :lol: All this practice is starting to work!!! :lol: Back again tomorrow for a hit in the Precept Challenge with Andrew.

cazandpaul
20th October 2005, 02:49 PM
36 points yesterday - greens had been cored and sanded the day before so putting was an adventure :shock:

drunken
21st October 2005, 11:43 AM
25 points through 11 holes...then the rain became heavier, and 5 lightning strikes in about 45 seconds made the decision for us...

Grunt
21st October 2005, 12:51 PM
Played Mac Grange this morning, 36 points, 95 off the stick, nett 70. So I was happy with it but also disappointed at the same time. :? Can you be like that? Hitting the ball better every day, I kow I have the low score in me I just can't get it out. :?
My Bunker play needs work, but at the same time if I were hitting it straighter I would not have to worry about getting in them. :wink:

Bring on the Champs 3rd & 4th rounds Tomorrow & Sunday!!

BrisVegas
21st October 2005, 08:03 PM
Played a coporate day today at Brookwater.  4 man ambrose, team hcap of 8 1/2.  We finished 67 gross for 58.5 nett and runners up!!!  Winners had 57.7.  doh!  Pity we 3-putt bogeyed the 14th  :roll: Big day, 140 players, lots of prizes.  

I picked up a nearest to pin on the 7th and won a flash Wilson carry bag (see my WITB thread for pics) and a bottle of red for a long drive.  Brooky17 and I both had chance for longest drives (him on 18, me on 8) but we both just pipped later in the day when things had dried out.  :evil:   The LD on 18 prize was a TM R7 driver!!!  It was a holiday at Hyatt Coolum on the 8th.  

It pelted down for the first 6 holes or so and was tough going.  Struggled with driver today, but was nailing my irons and chipping/putting quite well.  

Anyone interested in a nice new Balck and Red Wilson carry bag before I take the tags off it??? :D  8)

Pinglauncher
22nd October 2005, 03:42 PM
Played my first round in a month today and finished 1 down. A very scrappy game whre it seemed one good hole was followed by one bad hole and I seemed to drift between square and one down all day.

There is always next week and maybe I will be freshened from the spell.

Trung
22nd October 2005, 04:44 PM
Ping....

I had kinda the same day... -1 myself... not bad, ready for New Brighton tomorrow. :D

3oneday
22nd October 2005, 05:21 PM
Anyone interested in a nice new Balck and Red Wilson carry bag before I take the tags off it??? :D  8)still funding the 905 Bris :D :lol:

:lol: :lol:

BrisVegas
22nd October 2005, 05:26 PM
Anyone interested in a nice new Balck and Red Wilson carry bag before I take the tags off it??? :D  8)still funding the 905 Bris  :D  :lol:

:lol:  :lol:

Nah, I'm on a payment plan with Nudgee. $10 per month for 3.5 years :wink:

Actually, I'm keeping the bag. Took it to the range this arvo and it carries quite nicely. The black and red matches the Titleist "footy sock" headcovers perfectly! 8)

BrisWesty
22nd October 2005, 09:50 PM
An easy 37 points today. First round for 3 weeks.
10 out of 13 Fairways (well 9 actually but one hole I deliberately hit into the rough where I could get some run, rather than on the fairway where the big puddles were - and the ball went where it was meant to, so I count that as a tick).
5 GIR. 33 putts, but missed 5 from 1-2.5 metres.
No birdies, 6 pars, 11 bogeys and 1 double bogey. Two one point holes and one wash.
Generally happy.

oz
23rd October 2005, 06:18 AM
Another disappointing week. I am in a vein of seriously poor form. Played at Albury Golf Club yesterday. A combination of freshly cored greens, some heavy rain, and no talent, meant that I left with 30 points.

Flowergirl
23rd October 2005, 09:57 AM
Another disappointing week.  I am in a vein of seriously poor form.  Played at Albury Golf Club yesterday.  A combination of freshly cored greens, some heavy rain, and no talent, meant that I left with 30 points.

Never fear Oz................I'm sure you'll be firing again soon. At least if you're in bad form - there's only one way to go - up :D
Just about to go and play in the semi for our Matchplay champs. Have to give my opponent 10 shots. Have to admit though - my heart's not in it today. That could be a good sign. :shock:

oz
23rd October 2005, 10:33 AM
Thanks FG. :)

Play well in the matchplay. 10 shots is nothing. Kick some a$$.

amanda
23rd October 2005, 02:12 PM
After 6 weeks off golf - I was looking forward to 2 games over the weekend.

I did discover that 6 weeks off doesn't help your short game - I got slaughtered 7&5 in the matchplay semi final and had a miserable 26 points today.

Oh well - I'll have to get back into some 9 hole rounds after the comp before I go back into comp rounds!

Had a great day out with jim, trung, matt and hubby (who just walked the course) today - saw some awesome golf from the 3 guys.

Eag's
23rd October 2005, 02:20 PM
Played Pacific with Gaz today Single Stab
Had 29pts
6 Greens
8 Fairways
36 Putts with a chip in :evil: I missed 8 putts under 5 feet today :oops: left handed putting here I come :wink:

Trung
23rd October 2005, 02:57 PM
31 points at New Brighton :D

Flowergirl
23rd October 2005, 03:10 PM
Thanks FG.  :)

Play well in the matchplay.  10 shots is nothing.  Kick some a$$.

A$$ kicked as requested. I won 3/2. Next step is the finals.

Jarro
23rd October 2005, 03:32 PM
way to go Reenie 8)

BrisVegas
23rd October 2005, 03:38 PM
Good work FG. You rule! :lol:

oz
23rd October 2005, 03:52 PM
Great stuff FG. Cut loose in the finals... :)

Flowergirl
23rd October 2005, 04:05 PM
Thanks guys.......I really appreciate your encouragement. Sunk a beautiful putt on the 16th to win. ( but we won't talk about the 5 crappy shots I had before that - but my 5 crappy and one putt was better than her 6 crappy and 2 putts and still not in the hole :shock: )

The final will be either against the hot up and coming new player - she's only started golf this year and she's already down to 19 - and for a female that is good going - and our president - a very steady and handy player. I think we are all off 21,20 and 19 - so nice and even. I'm really looking forward to playing either of them.

Eag's
23rd October 2005, 04:09 PM
Thanks FG.  :)

Play well in the matchplay.  10 shots is nothing.  Kick some a$$.

Well done Flowergirl :smt023

Fishman Dan
23rd October 2005, 05:39 PM
Cypress Lakes this weekend. Took my old car for a final fling.. well, the insurance money anyway 8)

Stat for the day: I was -1 through the 4 par 5's. :shock:

Shot 89 off the stick in a round that could have been better, could have been worse....

To summarise - +1 off the stick through 5. Something happened in the next 4 holes... couple of triples/quads... Birdie'd par 5 10th (2m off reaching it in 2!). On the 11th a massive storm nearly washed us off the course... had a 7 (par 4). Followed that with pars on 13-17, and a poor double on 18.

So either 39 or 37 points (depending on what my handicap is meant to be currently :roll:) - WITH 3 WIPES!

Awesome day out, and a great course. Much more interesting the 2nd time.

Jarro
23rd October 2005, 06:44 PM
nice shootin Fishy :smt023

damn those wipes 'eh :(

jimandr
23rd October 2005, 07:09 PM
I'll provide a minor boast alert warning here before describing my game.

At New Brighton today with Amanda and Trung and Golfpunk? I had a big 40 points. A personal best at New Brighton.

For the first 7 holes I played terrific to be 2 under, spoiled it with double then bogey, scratched around being rescued by my short game, then finished par, birdie, double :evil: , par, birdie. At the last I hit a six iron to three inches for the easiest birdie putt ever.

Wasn't very consistent, but the good ones were very good, and my short game was excellent. Somehow made two doubles in a 2 over score.

Fairways = 8 of 14
GIR = 11 of 18
Putts = 27 :!: zero three putts, 3 birdies
Up and Down = 5 of 6, including a chip-in for a 4th birdie
Sand Saves = 0 of 1.

AndyP
23rd October 2005, 07:16 PM
23/10/2005, Indooropilly GC (East), Social Round.

Had an enjoyable round in some sticky weather today on a nice course.

Left my driver out of the bag again, until I am more consistent off the tee. It looked like I was gaining some of that consistency at the end of the round with the 3W, after some big slices earlier on. Without the driver, some of the holes played pretty long though.

Chips are starting to feel a lot more comfortable with the new grip, and I am getting up and down more often now. Greens had been cored recently, which made the pace of the greens a little tough, but I felt I putted well anyway.

All up, I'm improving each round with the new setup/swing, and hope it continues. Would have been nice to hit more good shots with the irons today, but maybe that will come next week.

6 pars
8 bogeys
2 doubles
3 triples.
Score 47-42-89 nett 77 (Par 36-36-72)
[New swing handicap from 24.0 to 21.2]

Trung
23rd October 2005, 07:18 PM
hows the Ogio AP? Behaving today? :D

AndyP
23rd October 2005, 07:18 PM
Good win, FG. Especially considering that you were being such a negative nancy about the possible result beforehand.

Good scoring, Jim. Boast whenever you get the chance.

AndyP
23rd October 2005, 07:21 PM
hows the Ogio AP? Behaving today? :D
Pretty good. Just gotta find the right position to sit it on the shoulders.

I'm putting it head to head against my Wilson Bag to see which I prefer.

Fishman Dan
23rd October 2005, 07:43 PM
New swing handicap? What the? Bag comparisons? AP - you've lost it old mate ;)

shazza_rs
24th October 2005, 05:49 AM
Played in a work golf day at Nudgee on saturday.

I was paired with two chicks that have never played golf before. Lucky it was an ambrose event. :) Still had to take three of each of their tee shots. (when explaining this to one of the chicks, she asked what a tee shot was :shock: ) Needless to say it was an adventurous day.

We ended up with an 85 off the stick. Using the Callaway scoring system we ended up with a 72 nett and won the womens shield :shock: . How funny.

Flowergirl
24th October 2005, 07:32 AM
Good win, FG.  Especially considering that you were being such a negative nancy about the possible result beforehand.

Negative Nancy.............listen here Articulate Andy.......wasn't being negative...I had a hangover and my heart wasn't in it...........didn't mean I was throwing in the towell.......I'm with you Fishman........he's loosing the plot :twisted: :wink:

Just checked rest of year golf program......with foursomes coming up....2 weeks....and I'm away for two weeks....and a few "novelty games" ...I have only one more chance for a bite into that handicap. :?

BrisWesty
25th October 2005, 05:18 AM
One of my mates had a shocker on Saturday. 15th hole at Caboolture (big dogleg left). He caught his tee shot with the heel of the driver, the ball bounded off at 45 degrees to the left, bounce, bounce, bounce, into the ladies toilets and ended up behind one of the bowls.
Is that an unplayable or unflushable lie?

Courty
25th October 2005, 07:45 AM
One of my mates had a shocker on Saturday.  15th hole at Caboolture (big dogleg left).  He caught his tee shot with the heel of the driver, the ball bounded off at 45 degrees to the left, bounce, bounce, bounce, into the ladies toilets and ended up behind one of the bowls.  
Is that an unplayable or unflushable lie?

Ahahaaaaa. That is what you call a sh|t lie! :wink: #-o

Virgal_Tracy
25th October 2005, 10:43 AM
39 points at Macarthur Grange on Friday in the precet challenge. Solid day all round with putting being the best it has ben in a long while.

Played Kareela on Sunday with the biggest contrast in a round that I have had in a long while. 24 points on the front nine to be 6 over at the turn. Finished with an amazing 36 points total. Driver failed big time with nasty slices finding their way back into my game. Must get my hands through.

Highlight (or low light) par 3 18th elevated green and tee solid 9 iron only 5 mtrs left of green, hits rocks surrounding garden and rebounds BACK 60mtrs onto maintenance shed roof and OOB. Summed up my back 9 perfectly